Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Lose Weight on the DR supervised diet??

Hello all,

Things are going very fast for me.

Today I went to the primary care Dr. and he is all for me getting the surgery. I am in the "lightweight class"--lol right at the 40 BMI weight. He says he wants me to yo-yo a bit???

I am so confused. I cut out sodas last week. Even lost weight after my cycle AND Thanksgiving. Started buying better foods and now this. I do understand that we have to do whatever it takes to make the insurance company happy but this is just odd. So I have to layer up and put on my heavy boots the next time I get weighed.

I told hubby I was going to start lifting weights again. At least I can gain some muscle, so maybe I won't have the skinny-fat syndrome I've read about.

Anyone else deal with this issue?

Yep. My bmi was 40.1. I was told to maintain not to lose. My nut said they are suppose to take your starting weight, but they have had issues in the past.

Yep. My bmi was 40.1. I was told to maintain not to lose. My nut said they are suppose to take your starting weight, but they have had issues in the past.

I wanted to start making some positive changes so this does not come as such a shock to me once the surgery occurs. What did you do to maintain? My weight swings a lot because of Water retention.

I stuck to 1600-1800 calories a day. Once I gave up soda I had to increase my food intake. Tried to keep my Protein between 80-100 grams per day. Drink lots of Water, it helps with water retention. Chose healthy carbs like fruits and veggies. I still ate bread but used wheat bread. My main goals were to eat 3 times a day. I skipped Breakfast before I started this. Also to practice eating without drinking. Chewing food to a paste consistency. Taking 20 mins to eat a meal, but no longer than 30 mins. I am a fast eater, so I have learned to slow down. Last but not least to give up my beloved soda.

You will be fine. 2-4 lbs is considered water weight. If you go up or down a few pounds it doesn't matter. That is considered maintaining.

I stuck to 1600-1800 calories a day. Once I gave up soda I had to increase my food intake. Tried to keep my Protein between 80-100 grams per day. Drink lots of Water, it helps with Water retention. Chose healthy carbs like fruits and veggies. I still ate bread but used wheat bread. My main goals were to eat 3 times a day. I skipped breakfast before I started this. Also to practice eating without drinking. Chewing food to a paste consistency. Taking 20 mins to eat a meal, but no longer than 30 mins. I am a fast eater, so I have learned to slow down. Last but not least to give up my beloved soda.

You will be fine. 2-4 lbs is considered water weight. If you go up or down a few pounds it doesn't matter. That is considered maintaining.

Thanks. I was about to go out and get the small plates and tiny forks/spoons but I'll wait till the post holiday sales. I did rebound with the soda. I had a 7up today. I have to make sure I weigh in with my bulky winter clothes on! I'm getting a timer so I can practice eating slowly.

I have to stay the same too. My BMI is 36.5 with co morbidities. My nut said eat healthy. I had lost about 12lbs before getting to the Nut, and now I have to stay here. I am eating about 1700 cals with an occasional high carb treat when I lose some weight. Very strange having to "stay the same". I lost a pound the day after Thanksgiving...I find it is easier to lose weight now with this mind set. I have to gain weight more on purpose to keep it the same! VERY strange indeed. I am having to do this for almost 3 months. I am going on vacation for three weeks soon, It will be interesting to see if I can keep this up on vacation.

I have to stay the same too. My BMI is 36.5 with co morbidities. My nut said eat healthy. I had lost about 12lbs before getting to the Nut, and now I have to stay here. I am eating about 1700 cals with an occasional high carb treat when I lose some weight. Very strange having to "stay the same". I lost a pound the day after Thanksgiving...I find it is easier to lose weight now with this mind set. I have to gain weight more on purpose to keep it the same! VERY strange indeed. I am having to do this for almost 3 months. I am going on vacation for three weeks soon, It will be interesting to see if I can keep this up on vacation.

My weight is right near yours so I can relate completely. I think I will end up drinking my calories and eating healthy! Wendy's shakes and Slurpees! I can't lose anything really. Strange indeed!.