Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months out and 2 Fills

Hey Everyone,

I am 2 months post op and I have had 2 fills already.

I hve lost 43 pounds and feel great. I went to my doctor yesterday for a fill and he put in .6 cc. I did not loose any of the saline from my last fill which he put in .5 cc.. So now I have a total of 1.1 cc.

Up until yesterday I never had a stuck feeling.

This morning I had a carnation instant Breakfast and it hurt going down is this usual

Let me know for I dont want to call my doctor and raise any flags

Vickie:help:

Vicki P, I also read it, but don't have an answer as I've just been banded one week now. But I didn't want you to feel like no one was concerned. So, no answers, but a huge congratulations to you on your weight loss, that is awesome!:confused:

We started at about the same weight, I started at 305; how tall are you? Have you had any complications? Did you or do you still now have port pain (at the incision site?)

Hey Everyone,

I am 2 months post op and I have had 2 fills already.

I hve lost 43 pounds and feel great. I went to my doctor yesterday for a fill and he put in .6 cc. I did not loose any of the saline from my last fill which he put in .5 cc.. So now I have a total of 1.1 cc.

Up until yesterday I never had a stuck feeling.

This morning I had a carnation instant breakfast and it hurt going down is this usual

Let me know for I dont want to call my doctor and raise any flags

Vickie:help:

Hi Vickie! Congrats on the 43lbs, that is awesome :clap2:

I have no idea how thick carnation breakfast's are, but I have trouble with anything thicker than Water the morning after a fill. For *me* it is not unusual. You had a rather large fill, and you will be swollen from the fill, so it can take a few days for that swelling to go down. Dont panic, if you can, if by lunch time/ mid afternoon you are still having trouble, put a call into your doc.

My doc had me do Clear liquids for 48hrs post fill....but you really should ask yours!!

Congrats on the weight loss!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -52lbs :confused:

Maybe just take smaller sips? I don't know.

I'm surprised to hear you're two months out and have already had two fills. My surgeon won't let me have my first fill until two months out. Hmm...

Maybe just take smaller sips? I don't know.

I'm surprised to hear you're two months out and have already had two fills. My surgeon won't let me have my first fill until two months out. Hmm...

Smaller sips of thinner Fluid is a great idea. Can you get clear Fluid down ok?

Every surgeon is different, I had my first fill at 6 weeks out, and others have had them at 4. Maybe it is just too much fill, too soon? :cool:

Aimee.. I am 5 7 1/2 . I had no complications. My surgery went really well I had it on a tuesday and went back to work on friday.. Call me crazy everyone else did lol... Did you have any complications? The only time I have pain in my port site is when I had my first fill my doc had a hard time finding my port ( probally to much fat) and stuck me with the needle about 50 times and a 45 mins later he finally found it he did say if he couldnt locate it he would have to do it under floro.. I hurt for a couple of days. From what I understand this is not usual only because a girl that I became friends with who had surgery the same day as me our doc only stuck her once and she was out in 5 mins... So it is not the same for everyone....

Sammee...... Carnation is like chocolate milk and I wouldnt say it is thick thick.This morning when I was drinking my carnation it took me 45 min for 8 oz how much slower can I go I am surprised the milk didnt sour on me lol... Clear Fluid goes down fine.. I didnt have any lunch or dinner because I was full I just hope tommorow this goes away if not I will call the doctor and schedule an unfill

Melody.. my doc did not tell me Clear Liquids he just same liquids I did email him and ask him if I should just be doing clear and he said absolutly no he wanted me to have the carnation because it has the protien that I need he did tell me to try slim fast but that is way to thick yuck.. but every doctor has different requirements.. Now tommorow he has me doing mushies for 1 day and then i move to solids again.... What is your docs requirment (stages) for fills how long on mushies and when can you move to solids?

Angela.... My doctor does the first initial fill 6 weeks out but he only put .5 cc in and the standard is 1.5 for the 4cc band that I have but the reason why he only puts that amout in is because he said some people only need 1 fill others need more. I met a girl at the meeting that was onle of his first patients 2 years ago and she has only 1cc in her band mind you it is a 10cc band and she has lost 175 pounds.. she was a size 32 tight and close to 400 pounds now she weighs 210 and wears a size 16 and she looks wonderful she is our inspiration at the meetings. Now my doc wants me to call him when i start to feel hungry in between meals and I can eat more than what I should that signals that it is time for another fill... He does not follow the every 6 week rule.. I am fortunate my doc has 1 day where he schedules all his fill patients and that is Tuesdays. I can walk in evcen if I have to. So i know that I amn always garenteed a fill when I need it. I started feeling hungry on thrusday of last week i called and he told me to come in aftrer work he stays open til 8... He is awesome. Also keeps in touch with his patients via email if not an emergency. We can vent to him and he will even come back with a reply whether a bad day eating or bad day in general...

But thank you guys for responding to this and also the congrats on the weight lose it is greatly appreciated... Wish you luck on your journey

Vickie

Vickie--

I was told clear liquids for 2 full days then full liquids for 2 days then he said mushies and advance....it was tough! I decided to "cheat" w/ some chunks from a Soup.....I was MISERABLE!!!!!!!! My doc has been banded himself and has quite a bit of experience so I went w/ his advice. BUt as we've all noticed there is no rules set in stone...it's all where your provider is at and what they believe!!! :cool:

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -52lbs :)

Aimee.. I am 5 7 1/2 . I had no complications. My surgery went really well I had it on a tuesday and went back to work on friday.. Call me crazy everyone else did lol... Did you have any complications? The only time I have pain in my port site is when I had my first fill my doc had a hard time finding my port ( probally to much fat) and stuck me with the needle about 50 times and a 45 mins later he finally found it he did say if he couldnt locate it he would have to do it under floro.. I hurt for a couple of days. From what I understand this is not usual only because a girl that I became friends with who had surgery the same day as me our doc only stuck her once and she was out in 5 mins... So it is not the same for everyone....

I'm 5'7 1/2" too ;) I hope I have success like you have had, that's wonderful. I had surgery on Wed and was at work the next Monday. I probably needed that amount of time though, I was having port pain a lot. It HAS improved, but I still hurt some. I sit behind a desk all day and it seems the waist on my pants, etc hits the port at just the wrong spot. Are you having less problems today w/your fill?