Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you wear on surgery day?

Good ideas. I didn't plan to stay the night after surgery but had to and I didn't have a change of clothes, nightgown, etc. It is very unlikely, but you might want to take a few things JUST in case you have to stay the night. My list would have been: change of underware, nightgown, toleitries and my own pillow, something to read, cell phone.

Very good advice! I wasn't planning on staying either until the head nurse talked me into it while I was 5 minutes before heading into surgery. Boy was I glad I decided to stay, I appreciated that stay over more than I can ever express. I too packed an overnight back just in case. :eek: I pretty much slept and watched TV.

OH...BRAG ALERT...I had a geriatric bed that massaged my body to prevent bed sores, and then they put those massagers on my legs to prevent blood clots. I was rubbed all over & I liked it! :P

I loved those massage things on the legs - I had them when I had my gallbladder out and I thought they felt great.

I wore jogging pants and a big t-shirt with slip on sandals. I made quite the fashion statement but who cares...it matched the lovely hospital wrist band and band aids! I agree with some of the others...I wish I had brought a pillow with me to help hold my tummy in place on the car ride home. Otherwise, I felt fine. GOOD LUCK!!!

Yep, a pillow is on the list! I don't have a long ride home, but want to be as comfortable as possible.

Hi, I wore baggy black jammy pants, a baggt tank top and baggy sweatshirt and flip flops. Slip on shoes are good so you dont have to bend over...no undies, why bother?

I wore that home too but with no bra. My surgery was 3 days ago and I havent wore my bra since. Ive beeen in jammies ever since I got home.

I think I will try to get dressed today.

Yikes. No bra? My "girls" have minds of their own! I'm guessing the incision site doesn't like that bra though.... hmmm... Do you think I'd be able to tolerate one of those little shelf bras without a wire?

u could try it, Its hard not wearing a bra, My Girls are heavy and annoying too. I have one on now and its not too bad. Spose its diffeent for everyone.

Good luck

I bought this top to wear home after sugery, I ill pair it with some big loose black pajama pants I got at Target - I just hope it does not fall down!!! http://img.torrid.com/is/image/HotTopic/577926_hi?wid=199

Oh and I bought some of the Rhonda Shear Shapewear. Here is the link to the line on HSN - http://www.hsn.com/cnt/search/searchresults/default.aspx?Ntt=rhonda&N=0&Ntk=Std&st=1&criteria=boolean&days=&minprice=&maxprice=&o=esearch&Nao=1

I wear her tank tops all the time, they are really comfy to wear around the house and your back does not hurt from sagging "sisters"!!:scared:

I bought this top to wear home after sugery, I ill pair it with some big loose black pajama pants I got at Target - I just hope it does not fall down!!! http://img.torrid.com/is/image/HotTopic/577926_hi?wid=199

Oh and I bought some of the Rhonda Shear Shapewear. Here is the link to the line on HSN - http://www.hsn.com/cnt/search/searchresults/default.aspx?Ntt=rhonda&N=0&Ntk=Std&st=1&criteria=boolean&days=&minprice=&maxprice=&o=esearch&Nao=1

I wear her tank tops all the time, they are really comfy to wear around the house and your back does not hurt from sagging "sisters"!!:confused:

LOL!

Thanks for the links.