Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you wear on surgery day?

Mine will be outpatient, and I'm wondering what to wear that will be comfy to wear on the ride home. Loose sweats? The pretty muu-muu dress I bought in Hawaii?

What did you all wear and did it work OK?

I was thinking the Muu-muu because I'm hoping it won't fit me all that long after surgery, so I'd better wear it while I can.

I wore capris sweats and t-shirt. Slip on shoes are great also, you wont have deal with the bending to put them on and take them off.

I wore loose shorts and a long baggy pull over top. I work sandals you slide into and big enough for socks. It worked perfectly because you come home without a bra on.

my plan is to wear very loose workout pants and a big button down shirt, flip flops, NO bra..hahaha

I wore a knit dress - the simple kind that has the ties at the waist. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I wanted something I could just put on over my head and wouldn't have to risk rubbing staples, bending or leaning to get on, etc. I also wore crocs b/c I could just slip in and out of them. I made sure to bring a headband & hair tie because the first thing that will drive me nuts is my hair hanging in my face.

Wear something that doesn't bind at the waist and something you can get away with not wearing a bra. The muu muu seems like a good choice.

I wanted NOTHING touching my tummy or anything near my tummy!!

And good luck! We're here to applaud you when you have your band!

Yay you! I'm so excited for you!!

Looks like the muu-muu it is! Loose enough I can go braless, and it's really bright and pretty, like that really matters.

Thanks everyone.

I have my date all picked out, this afternoon I'll meet with the surgeon and see it's a day he actually does surgeries and has open...I think I need his agreement, huh.:confused:

I was thinking the Muu-muu because I'm hoping it won't fit me all that long after surgery, so I'd better wear it while I can.

great plan because hopefully it will be way too big for you

Since mine was in the spring and it was still cool (it's still cool in May in Seattle), I wore loose sweat pants with a wide band, a t-shirt, light jacket, NO bra, stretchy socks and sandals. All very easy to put back on. Actually, I think I didn't wear the socks going home. If your ride home is going to be long, someone suggested to me to take a pillow to hold against your tummy if the trip is jiggly.

If it's hot, definately go with the Muu Muu.