Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

watch for some antibiotics

I was just hospitalized because a couple of weeks ago I had a sinus infection and they put me on z pack. And that very day I got sick and started puking I thought it was because of the infection but after finishing my meds and a week later still sick had to go to the hospital. They had to keep me there a week with iv fluids because I was so dehydrated and so sick at my stomach I didn't think I was going to live. And it was all because now that my stomach is small it does not tolerate the same meds as it use to. So all new out there be careful and if you feel sick stop taking them completely.Had to start on all liquids and work my way up to stage 3 before they would let me leave the hospital and I still have to take nausea meds. just wanted to let everyone know so maybe you dont have to go through what I did. of course they did all the nasty test to make sure no leaks or blocks. ( and believe me when you are sick at you stomach that stuff is not what you want to have to swallow..)

Holy Cow, I am so sorry you felt like that. Thanks for the heads up on the antibiotics those things are tricky and with our new tummies old standbyes dont always work the same. SOoooo glad you are on the mend. Big hugs.

That's just horrible! ! ! I was on heavy duty antibiotics, cipro, metronidazole, and levaquin due to complications, and yep I had to take all of those at the same time, so I kind of know how you felt. The nausea was the worse. I never puked, and took all my meds with loads of yogurt on my stomach and after taking the pills. I think Zofran was my only saving grace LOL.

That's just horrible! ! ! I was on heavy duty antibiotics, cipro, metronidazole, and levaquin due to complications, and yep I had to take all of those at the same time, so I kind of know how you felt. The nausea was the worse. I never puked, and took all my meds with loads of yogurt on my stomach and after taking the pills. I think Zofran was my only saving grace LOL.

ohh TIffy, my sister had to take some Levaquin for a really resistent bladder infection and that stuff messed her up psychologically for a bit and she only took like 3 doses of it. It made her trip out and this other girl I know was prescribed it for a port incision infection from her lap band and low-and-behold she ended up taking off work for a week after one dose screwed her up mentally. When I got an incision infection I went for the cipro...I was like NO Levaquin!

After my surgery I learned I could no longer take my requip for restless leg syndrome... Every time I took it, within a couple hours I was at the toilet puking! Apparently with the changes in our stomach and the way it works now, it doesnt break down the meds like they used too..

Feel better soon!