Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ovary needs to come out before my Sleeve surgery!

AMLP

My Dr. just called and I have to have my left ovary out before Christmas. Laproscopic (spelling) ? surgery. I am suppose to have my sleeve surgery in January. Do you think my Dr.'s will agree on this schedule? Anyone had an ovary taken out? Doc said should be on my feet in 4 days... that seems long compared to what I read about the Sleeve surgery. Please feel free to leave me any comments regarding this. Thanks!

I had an ovary removed a couple of years ago. It was done laparascopically for recurrant cyst's . I have PCOS. It was not horrible. One day of just out of it, mainly from the anesthesia. Then a couple of days of just a little tender, mainly when getting up and down.

My question, is there no way they can piggyback the surgeries so you only have to be put to sleep once? Is way better for you and cheaper for ins. also, so they should not fuss. You then only have one recovery, plus will save you on out of pocket expense. I used to work for an OB/GYN and we piggybacked surgery many times if someone needed more than one procedure. It is really just getting the two doctors office's to get a time where they can both do the procedure.

I don't think they can do the surgeries at the same time... my sleeve surgery is self pay and only performed at a specialized hospital. I thought of that too already.

I don't have a surgery date yet for the sleeve but was told on the phone I could get it done in January... and I'd really like to done as soon as possible.

The problem is having 2 general anesthetics so close together - definitely try and get the ops done at the same time.

My Dr. just called and I have to have my left ovary out before Christmas. Laproscopic (spelling) ? surgery. I am suppose to have my sleeve surgery in January. Do you think my Dr.'s will agree on this schedule? Anyone had an ovary taken out? Doc said should be on my feet in 4 days... that seems long compared to what I read about the Sleeve surgery. Please feel free to leave me any comments regarding this. Thanks!

Hi Sassy! I have wanted the sleeve in Jan 2010, GYN told me I needed a total hysterectomy in April 2010 - I WAS DEVASTATED! I had to put my sleeve on hold but knew my GYN was right so June 2010 I had the hysterectomy, I did ask that they be done together but the answer was no, and now glad I didnt. GYN tried to do it laproscopic but after two hrs, she opened me up and took everything. I had severe stage 7 endometreosis and all my girl parts had balled together(TMI). Surgery was pretty hard on me.. BUT went ahead and pushed for my sleeve, had it done Sept 9, 2010, not near as bad as the hyster. SOOO glad I did it, I feel so much better. I am sorry you are going thru this, I wish you the best of luck, if you have any other questions PM me.

I've been having gallbladder attacks and was told by my surgeon's office that I MUST take care of my gallbladder first. They won't do them both at the same time. He said it's much safer to go under anesthesia twice, than to be under for a long time. I was told the surgeries could be approx 6 weeks apart.