Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cheated a few times and now I'm scared

my 1st two week being on liquid diet I was doing okay. but on November 15 I was able to move to soft pureed food. and i started by eating tuna and since that went down fine the next day i took a bite from my sister tuna fish sandwich and that went down okay. and for a moment I lost my self i would take a sip from my mom's coffee or a bite from my brother donut!!! I was mourning food like crazy!!!! just seeing food on commercial would make my mouth Water and it still does. I am almost 3weeks out and for the most part regret having the surgery.... I'm mad at myself for not having more control or rather self control.... for the last six months all I could think about was having this surgery, wearing nice clothing going up the stairs and not going out of breath and actually having a relationship where I didn't feel so insecure all the time. and now all I could think about is wanting my Old stomach back!!!! I live with my parents and two younger sibling and when i see them eat all those food that I loved to eat I cant help but CRY.. for the last 4 days Ive been back on my restricted diet but its incredibly hard, because before my diet I never had any type of fish other then tuna and even now I don't like any other fish and i don't like eggs or ricotta cheese so eating tuna and chicken everyday for the next two weeks its feels really overwhelming not to mention the awful Protein shake from Isopure. before November 1st I was an over weight person but a happy person, I just don't want to feel miserable and unhappy all the time!!!!!

You can incorporate other foods to give you some variety. Check out the recipe forum here, and The World According to Eggface blog is really great for Protein dense meal ideas and recipes.

You don't have to restrict yourself to chicken and tuna. You're deprivation method may be causing more buyer's remorse than normal. There's lots of ideas that are healthy, and sleeve friendly out there for you to choose from, and that will help you not feel so deprived.

I had one case of buyer's remorse at Thanksgiving last year, and I was so pissed at myself because I couldn't gorge myself on the one day out of the year that a fat chick can eat her way through 8lbs of food and no one would say anything. But, it was a fleeting moment, and now I don't miss eating huge quantities of food at all.

This is a mental journey just as much as it is physical, and honestly things get better the further out you get. You're barely 3 weeks out and right now your body is still adjusting to surgery, and your hormones are all over the place. You just have to know that you will eventually feel better. If you're constantly negative, that's all that will surround you. I know the "positive polly" mentality probably sucks to hear, but it's true. I can't stress enough that being positive will help you tremendously. There are struggles, no doubt, but believe me, the victories far outweigh the struggles unless you allow the struggles to beat you down. You have to start believing you are worth it, and that all you're enduring right now will have major a payoff ! ! !

I know what you mean about mourning eating. For a while after surgery I constantly romanced the carbs mentally - slavering after every commercial on TV, catalog that came in the mail (DAMN those Williams Sonoma catalogs!), and bakery section in the grocery store. But I kept to protein-first (usually protein-only, LOL, because I couldn't get anything else in) and gradually the craving for sugar and flour went away. For me it seems to be a physical thing, where if I gorge on sugar/flour it sets me up to want more, and it takes WEEKS for that particular beast to quiet down. My advice would be to surf the net for low carb ideas (and Tiffykins is right, try theworldaccordingtoeggface.com), and all meals Protein first. I get hungry about every three hours, so I eat five times a day (usually around 9:00-12-3-6-9), always a protein thing. But they consist of meatballs, tuna salad, egg salad, eggface's bites, crockpot chicken, bacon, sausages, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, scrambled egg, etc. I include Protein Drinks in my daily menu as well, both powders and ready-to-drink. I'm always on the hunt for things that will be enjoyable and give me a varied diet. So don't limit yourself to just a few things. Make an eating plan, follow it as best you can (no one's perfect, BTW). This tool you've been blessed with WILL work.

Thank!!! im trying very hard to stay on my diet but ,y self control is really low at this point!!!! i cant understand why!!! but for the last few days Ive been on a Protein shake and tuna diet!!! and hopefully i can remain in that direction.... its really tough didn't think it would be this difficult. I guess food really was a major part in my life!!!!!!!!

NOW is the time to change bad habits!! I've almost totally given up bread. Now that I'm at goal, I'll have a half sandwich occasionally just because I NEED to add more calories back into my diet. I LOVE Special K crackers with my tuna salad....12 is a good number to go with a fourth a cup! A donut shouldn't even be on your radar screen now!!! I don't mean to be harsh, but you've had 85% of your stomach removed. Don't sabatage yourself, you aren't attending weight watchers!!! You're in the honeymoon stage....once it's over, I am certain it will be more difficult to make life style changes, we are not on a diet! Good luck...we're all on your side!!

Hi everyone!!!! so i had my surgery on November 1st and i weighed 263 and currently weigh 242 so I lost 21lbs.... everyday I'm eat something I'm not suppose like tuna sandwich or two bites of a donut or coffee like with sugar... and for the past week ive been at the same weight!!!! I'm worried that my stupid habit's of having a bite hear and there have stalled my weight loss, but how can one bite really stop me from losing weight.... has this ever happened to anyone....

Thanks Zuby

I was eating "normally" and had a stall for 3 1/2 months! Talk about frustrating. . but it eventally moved on. . your body just needs to catch up. . . dont worry for now just concentrate on yourself and your new tummy. . .don't eat donuts though. . coffee with milk and sugar is ok, but not the whole lb of sugar! hehehe. . . just be normal and don't try to defeat the sleeve, let it work for you not you against it to see if it'll work. . . your the one who has to work this thing, it won't do it for you. . . good luck!