Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid I wont make it

I had surgery 6/3. Lost 15lbs pre-op and 5lbs during the 2day clear liquids..I have lost 45 lbs since surgery. I'm a little over 5 months out and I'm afraid I'm not going to lose all I need to. I have only lost 5 lbs in last 2 months. No loss in last 3 weeks. I'm trying dilligently to log and to control my carbs and Protein. I recently ordered the zumba dvd's hoping they will arrive today and going to try that. I feel great but also kinda bummed thinking if this is all I can eat I should be smaller if you know what I mean..I'm trying to keep my calories under 1000. I noticed they were up to about 1200 at times when eating too many carbs mainly in the form of trail mix. I'm amazed at all the calories and carbs in that. I guess thats why I like it so much.

Don't give up on yourself! ! ! When in the past have you ever lost this much weight, and had a fighting chance at keeping it?

Cut carbs for a few days to get rid of the carb monster, and focus on Protein especially if you're going to start working out. Push fluids and you'll see the scale move again ! ! ! Remember we didn't get fat overnight, we won't get skinny overnight! ! !

You can do it ! ! !

Hi kimb, well - try to remain positive first of all. I still think you're doing very well for yourself. Averaged out you are losing 9 Lbs per month. That's great!

You did mention the trail mix, well - that might have to go. When we go on stalls, which sounds like you genuinely are in one, we need to assess all that we are doing, eating and NOT doing. Cut the carbs out, and maybe only get them from your veggies for a few days. Drink plenty of Water and definitely get your workouts started! I see a major difference in the amount I'm losing from when I'm getting my workouts in and when I'm not.

Good luck, and try not too stress too much. Negative feelings lead to negative outcomes, IMO. :) Hugs!!!

I think exercise is a major player in losing weight. It's not the calories burned so much as your body functioning more efficiently. When you exercise, your blood moves more oxygen into every part of your body, and so every organ can do it's work better. I'd say take the advice above and add in exercise slowly at first. Don't overdo it, or you won't want to continue. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to exercise! Good luck! You can do it!!!!

I completely understand. I too am stalled-out in the loss department. Of course Christmas vacation isn't the ideal time to be "dieting". I desperately need to amp up my exercise, and maybe going back to work will help the worry wart in me. I am in the biggest funk right now because I keep telling myself that I'm the one who's going to not be successful with this because of this seemingly endless plateau.

The "negative thoughts lead to negative outcomes" comment really helped. : ) I need to work on that.