Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

trying not to get discouraged 5 weeks out

I'm glad you post this or I would have. I am 5 weeks out myself this Friday and have seen my scale go from 196 to 198 inn a day when I only eat a little. It makes me fustrated. I am getting stuff read for the southbeach diet in hope to restart ketosis. I'm at my wits end to. We'll ge through it.

VSGirl, you've lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. Please, be kind to your body and let it catch up. Don't start the "diet" thinking again. Stick to your eating plan and the weight will come off, but your body will stall at times and this is normal and necessary for the body to understand the change. A 2 pound gain for a day is nothing to panic about, try to keep the scale locked away and only use it once a week. :-) Easier said than done, I know!

Good luck and best wishes!

That is an average of 3.4 Lbs per week. Sounds good to me.

My advice:

Don't compare yourself to others. Just like driving, there will always be someone faster than you.

Go see your Dr. about the fainting feelings.

You need to bump up your Fiber. It will take time for it to start working, but I do this and I go every single day.

I TOTALLY agree with Diva :)

Kerri, I haven't had my surgery yet, but my doc has me drinking Protein shakes, and I hated them too. I tried four or five kinds and just didn't like them. I found one called nectar (made by Syntrax) that is different. You can mix it with a spoon in Water, and the Roadside Lemonade flavor isn't any worse than sugar-free Country Time Lemonade. It comes in a bunch of different flavors, too. Also, it doesn't change if you let it sit awhile. It isn't thick or slimy at all. You can get it on Amazon and I found mine in a Vitamin store. Try it - it has made all the difference for me in trying to get enough Protein.< /span>

Be patient.

lilmissdiva-im trying to get the Water in, i feel like im drinking all day long. i used to be a big water drinker and a gulper now to only take small sips all day drivers me crazy. im going to try to drink a extra Protein shake for the next week to see if that will help me. I dont eat canned Soup I made the Soup and the pickel was the size of my little pinkey. today ive gotten in 16oz of water so far and going to go make a 16oz Protein Shake which will take a few hours to drink.(there gross)

Thanks Guys, Happy Turkey Day, dont forget to eat protien. I have to say I am thankful for all the great input, I know it has helped me with some very important issues. :thumbup:

OMG! im going to cry! i decided to only weigh myself 2xs a week so i get on the scale and it said i gained 2.5 lbs. :angry: I DONT GET THIS!!!! What Im i doing wrong??? Im eatting about 60gs of Protein, under 30g of carbs, and getting in about 40-45oz of Water a day.

Here are the types of foods Im eatting: cheese, yogert, chicken, ham, Soup, cottage cheese, refried Beans.

Yesterday i had

1/4 cup refired Beans with cheese

3x during the day i had a peice of ham with chedder cheese rolled up.

a small tiny pickel

chicken soup with fresh grilled chicken breast and avacoto

Protein shake

Kerri - don't get discouraged. I also ate LOW calories and would stall; I'd go up and down for several days before the two lbs would stay off! Let me ask you a few questions about what you are eating. First of all, I am a BIG cottage cheese eater. I call it the 'Breakfast of champions' - are you buying 1% cottage cheese? If not...SWITCH!!! When you are eating cheddar etc, make sure it is 2% and don't over do, get a scale and weigh it. I like to add a half oz to a scrambled egg, but there is a lot of fat in even 2% cheese, so don't over do!! I start every morning and end every day with 8 oz of SKIM milk.....it counts as part of my liquids and also protein!! Up your protein, I get in 60 - 75 grams per day!! Cheese and ham both have salt in them and will make you retain water...so beware! Make sure your refried beans are fat free and again, weigh how much cheese you are adding to them. Cheese has protein, but it also has FAT!!! Add a little Greek yogurt for protein to the refried beans! Avacado is also a 'good fat' but you want to limit that as well. I don't see eggs mentioned at all....they're a good source of protein if you like them. I "fry" them in a non stick skillet with NO grease or scramble one. A can of solid white tuna in Water mixed with 2 TB of lite mayo is great.....eat half and you have 13 grams of protein. I love it on top of Special K crackers. (half is one fourth cup) Good luck......enjoy the journey!!!! I weigh myself every day.....don't cry, the scale goes up and down all the time!!!