Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, been looking on the site for awhile so i thought it was time to say hi, i am pre-op sleeve, having the surgery next week on th 18th nov, been through a lot of emotions, but finaly feeling great about the surgery and am really excited, i am having it done on the NHS here in the UK, it has taken me 6 years to get to this point, and i must admit there were times when i nearly gave up, but i am so glad that i stuck it out, i am on the pre-op diet now and its going ok, not as hard as i thought it would be but wishing i could find some variety, i can only have low fat yoghurts, tea, fromage frais, and juice. anyway just wanted to say hi to everyone

Welcome VIV! Congrats on finally making it to this point, that sounds like a long road (6 years). There is lots of good info here and great support. Keep us posted on your surgery and experiences.

Welcome Viv!! Nice to you have you posting :)

All the best in the upcoming weeks! You'll love your sleeve, I just know it.

Keep us in the loop on how you're doing!

Hello

I too am new to the site but have been checking it out a bit. Iam scheduled for my surgery Nov 30. I am starting my pre op _ _ _ _(I have a problem saying or writing the word cuz then I have to eat another _ _ _ _ book and they don't help) Iam scared, excited, happy, depressed and very very determined. Nice to have a place like this to follow along with others similar to me...I in in BC Canada and I don't know anyone else in a similar situation. So I'm adopting all of you.

Daisymay

Welcome to both of you -- this site is awesome and has been extremely helpful, informational and supportive :) Good luck with your surgeries!

Hi there! I am new too - having surgery the day before you on Nov. 17th. The pre op diet has been a bit of a challege but I'm determined to make this work and want the surgery to go as smoothly as possible so...

Hiya Viv !

I'm Angela joining you from Yorkshire.

I'm having my op, also on the NHS, on Dec 7th at my local hospital.

My journey hasn't been as long as yours. From start to finish it will have been a year in total. Every PCT has its own procedures and conditions and I'm lucky that mine follow the nice guidelines. My only condition for acceptance was to loose a stone as a sign of my commitment.

I start my pre-op diet next week, really looking forward to that LOL!!!

How long have you had to do the dreaded pre-op, mine is 3 weeks.

Are you all prepared for post op ?

You'll get lots of help, advice and support from all the members here. They have all really helped me to make my final decision to go ahead with the op.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

I'll be thinking of you on the 18th GOOD LUCK !!!!

Best wishes Angela x

Hiya Viv !

I'm Angela joining you from Yorkshire.

I'm having my op, also on the NHS, on Dec 7th at my local hospital.

My journey hasn't been as long as yours. From start to finish it will have been a year in total. Every PCT has its own procedures and conditions and I'm lucky that mine follow the nice guidelines. My only condition for acceptance was to loose a stone as a sign of my commitment.

I start my pre-op diet next week, really looking forward to that LOL!!!

How long have you had to do the dreaded pre-op, mine is 3 weeks.

Are you all prepared for post op ?

You'll get lots of help, advice and support from all the members here. They have all really helped me to make my final decision to go ahead with the op.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

I'll be thinking of you on the 18th GOOD LUCK !!!!

Best wishes Angela x

Hi Angela,

thanks for your post, my pre-op diet is only for one week, thank goodness, today was really bad, i am diabetic and started to go into a hypo, so i had to phone my doctor and ask for advice, she told me that as my blood sugar was so low, i had to eat something, aaaagh! so i had to have real food, instead of just the youghurt that i am only supposed to eat, i am praying that it wont cause problems for the surgery, oh well 6 days to go so hopefully if i get right back on the diet tomorrow everything will be ok.

as for my prepartion, well i was supposed to have the op 3 months ago when i was having my gallbladder out, but some piece of equipment broke just before surgery, i was able to have the gallbladder removed but not the sleeve, so i think since then i have become more prepared and have more of an understanding of what will happen,

although as the days go by i am getting more nervous, normal emotions i know, the post op preparations are going ok, reading, reading and more reading, and of course coming to this site is fantastic, if you need any help give me a shout, and i wish you all the best for your op in 3weeks time, i will let you know how things go,

take care!

viv xx