Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining and losing the same 2 pounds

I have lost about 21 pounds since surgery, 30 if you count pre op. Give or take the two silly assed pounds that keep doing an encore. This has been going on for two and a half weeks. If you average out the weight loss, I have lost a teeny bit over 2 pounds a week. And this is supposed to be the time of the fastest weight loss? It slows down from here? I am into my third month and I am starting to panic here. I don't feel any restriction when I eat but have realized that early on and measure and log every morsel of food that goes in my mouth. I wasn't given a specific carb or calorie guideline or even a minimum Protein requirement. I try to get 60-80 gm of protein and usually get under 70 gm of carbs (30 gm of which are from the stupid chewable supplements!). The carbs I get are from dairy and whatever is found in green Beans and cooked spinach and the occasional half cup of blueberries in my yogurt. I haven't given in to my chocolate addiction because I know that is a slippery slope for me and I am really trying to ignore the onslaught of goodies that are eaten in front of me. I dropped two dress sizes in a hurry and then stayed in one for five weeks. I just got down to the next size but only in stretch jeans. No stretch = no button (or even a meeting of the minds!)

I have assaulted my body by preparing for solid food by going to the dentist and getting my teeth ready to chew. That kinda backfired since I lost all my molars on one side after already having only one upper and one lower that meets on the other side. I had to have my teeth scaled (one step away from root canal) and then had two teeth pulled in the space of two weeks. Maybe after I already went under the knife for the sleeve my body decided it has had enough abuse?

FJM, I don't think the honeymoon is over at all. I think almost nearly all of us struggle with weight stales from time to time. I wouldn't worry too much right now. If it still stales for up to a month, it might be time to do a change up. Such as changing your workout routine or messing with your caloric intake. Our bodies can become quite used to being fed the same things day in and day out.

All the best to you, and I do hope it breaks soon!

I guess I am whining because when I had my stall at two weeks out, I DID lose inches, mostly from my boobies, but it was a loss. Maybe I should quit whining before I lose another ten from thereohmy.gif

I guess I am whining because when I had my stall at two weeks out, I DID lose inches, mostly from my boobies, but it was a loss. Maybe I should quit whining before I lose another ten from thereohmy.gif

LOL!!

I don't think you're whining at all. It stinks when the scale won't move for us.

Maybe don't weigh for a few weeks, but do go find some NSV's that will make you feel a bit better. Perhaps measuring if you did that pre-op, or trying on clothes that you wore before being sleeved.

Even noticing how differently you feel while sitting in your car helps. I have noticed I've had to move the seat up in mine recently. What a great feeling!!! :-) It's the littlest things, I'm telling you!

I did measure last week and found I went UP in some places so I quit in the middle. Kinda like putting a hand over your face at a horror movie...

I did notice I don't have to have the seat so far back I can barely reach the gas pedal. I have a little bend in my knee now. The old man has to put the seat back before he even gets in the car or he will have his nose in the windshield. Just wait until I get to my goal waist!