Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little over 5 weeks post op

Hello All... I am new to this website and thought I would share my story. I had VSG surgery on September 28th 2010. I will be completley honest with my journal enteries! ALWAYS! The first week was NO FUN! I had a tough time keeping ANYTHING down. The doctor's said that my stomach was tight and it would take some time, but it would get better. IT DID! after the first week, things got MUCH MUCH better! I stayed on liquids for the first two weeks, then mushies for two weeks and now I eat alot of mushies but try and intergrate solid foods. I am still having some trouble with eating solids. I did learn that I cannot eat white meat chicken, it must be dark meat. White meat is just too dry for me to keep down, no matter how I prepare it. I made chicken and dumplings for my family the other night and used chicken thighs and I ate everything but the duplings. It was really good and it settled very well. I am so happy that I decided to have the VSG surgery. I have only been post op[/size] for a little over 5 weeks and have lost about 28 pounds. I started out at 260 before surgery and lost 5 pounds in the two weeks before surgery. Then the day of surgery I was at 255... so from the day of surgery I have lost 28 pounds... from the highest weight that I was (260) I have lost 33 pounds. A couple weeks ago I had a platue and did not loose for about 4-5 days and was really depressed, but then I started loosing again and felt much better. Before surgery I had Fibromyalgia very badley and since surgery have been pretty pain free. I am very hesitant to excercise because I do not want the fibromyalgia to flair up but am trying to stay as active as I can without going overboard. I know I really should be excersizing more... We just moved into our new house a couple months ago, so the Wii balance board had been packed away... So I thought; I will hook it up and do some cardio excercises on the Wii.... But to my disappointment the balance board would not work. I had my husband look at when he got home and he could not get it to work either. He said it looked like one of the girls (my daughters) had spilled something on it. POOPY! So there goes that! Maybe I can ask for a new balance board for christmas! LOL. Anyways... for those of you out there that are contiplating getting this surgery done or not... I say go for it!!! It does not work all on its own, you have to listen to your body and stay committed to the new lifestyle, but if you are up for that then GO FOR IT! I am only 5 weeks out and it has already changed my life for the better. My marriage has always been good... Will be married to my husband for 10 years this coming June... and with the weight gain over the years, my sex drive had deplenished! That was tough on my marraige! My husband has no problem in that area and just could not understand why I had NO DRIVE! He took it personally that I had no interest in him... That was not the case, I just never felt good enough for him! I did not want to take my clothes off the way I was! I felt, FAT, UGLY & DEPRESSED! None of that says SEX APPEAL to me! But since the surgery and since the pounds have been coming off the desire has become much more apparent on my part and you can tell that my husband really likes what he sees! I think sex is a very important factor in a good marriage and I think that was just a little something that we were missing before and have regainned it from after the surgery. Some of you may think this is TMI (to much info) but I want to be as truthful and helpful as I can for those of you out there that are contiplating this surgery. I will be posting as much as I can! I lead a pretty busy life, but will try and post often. Please ask any questions that you like and will answer you with the utmost honesty! Good luck to you all!

Congratulations! I had my sleeve the day before you and am down a total of 38 lbs from my all time high of 250 so we are right about the same place! I, too, had a very tough first couple of weeks but feel so good right now! This has been an amazing life changing event for me!

Congratulations! I had my sleeve the day before you and am down a total of 38 lbs from my all time high of 250 so we are right about the same place! I, too, had a very tough first couple of weeks but feel so good right now! This has been an amazing life changing event for me!

That is awesome! I am so glad to hear it!