Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my journey

Hi everyone! I started my journey back in September. November 12th will mark my three month mark with three more to go until my paper work can be submitted to my insurance company. I still have the psych eval to do which I'm hoping to get done the begining of December. Then to have all of my labs completed the same day as my January doctor's appointment, I hope that by reading everyone's posts it will serve as my guide towards being healthy. Giving me the strength and encouragement to overcome the obsticles that will present themselves to me.

It is a great bunch of people on here with a vast wealth of knowledge. Just post your questions and the veteran sleevers should be able to guide you. Hope to hear of your date being booked.

Lily

It is a great bunch of people on here with a vast wealth of knowledge. Just post your questions and the veteran sleevers should be able to guide you. Hope to hear of your date being booked.

Lily

Thanks Liliy. Just a little nervous about the eval. I've been researching what to expect, what questions will he ask? I did see "depression" listed in all of the results I searched. I don't feel depressed. What I am is dissapointed at all of diets I tried and needless to say I seemed to either fail or just didn't see the results. All of the miles I logged around the lake, treadmill. I decided to research WLS. When I found that my insurance covered RNY and Lap band and the sleeve I was like what is the sleeve? And the nurse told me and I was like really? When I got off of the phone with her I googled it. Thats what led to my decision to have the sleeve instead of the lap band. I know this will be my new tool to acheive my goal. I have an excellent support system. My family and co-workers are more excited than I am. (LOL) So if anyone in Florida (central) has any suggestions on what to expect let me know. Again thanks Lily.

I think Tiffykins lives in Florida. She is a vast wealth of knowledge on this forum. I personally have not had the sleeve yet! I will be getting my sleeve in the new year and I cannot wait for it.

Lily

This forum has been amazing. I've only been lurking, but I want to participate now as I said it's been really helpful and I want to return that favor. Hope all goes well with your journey! :P

I think Tiffykins lives in Florida. She is a vast wealth of knowledge on this forum. I personally have not had the sleeve yet! I will be getting my sleeve in the new year and I cannot wait for it.

Lily

I'm hoping to have a late February or early March surgery date next year. Fingers crossed pending all paperwork is submitted in a timely manner. I wish I would've known my insurance covered the sleeve last year. But I didn't. Now I do. So, I'm on my way. So glad I found this forum so much information.

Welcome, we are glad to have you here. I wouldn't worry too much about the eval. I have yet to hear of anyone who was denied surgery based on the eval. At the most, I have heard of a few people who were told they could proceed with the surgery, but would have to follow up with a counselor just to make sure they are dealing well with all the changes weight loss can involve.

Keep us posted on how things are going.

Thanks everyone. I will keep posting as the updates present themselves. I will be going to the head shrinker's office to have them get prior approval before I schedule an appointment this week. A BIG thank you to Tiff. The information was a tremendous help. I did wonder about what size bougie that is often used. Question to the surgeon I will be asking.