Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast changes

Why, thanks! I built up all that muscle mass before the VSG - I honestly don't know how much you can build once you've had the surgery due to restricted eating, as you generally need a surplus of calories to put on muscle. But at the same time, if you think about it, it's not that hard to up your calories through drinks after the surgery. juice, hot chocolate, milk instead of Water can all put you in the 2000-calorie range if you so choose. But on the upside, I don't feel like I've lost much muscle mass after the surgery, either, and I'm generally eating 1000-1400 calories a day (usually 1200 or less) and working out 3-5 times a week. So who knows, if you have the right genetics and eat more, maybe VSG isn't a hindrance to muscle building. It's also important not to do excessive amounts of cardio when you are trying to build muscle, especially when it comes to extensive, steady-state exercises like lots of endurance running - otherwise, you'll just burn it all off. But interval cardio is good (e.g. sprints).

I never really had anything to show for my abs until I started doing weighted crunches on the decline bench. Regular crunches didn't really do anything for me. I set the decline bench at the highest decline possible, grab a 10-lb plate or one 10 and one 5-lb plate and do maybe 12-15 reps of sit-ups with the plate against my chest. Here's a pic of the piece of equipment I'm talking about - http://www.gtechfitness.com/ProductImages/inflight/free_weight/Inflight_Decline_Ab_Bench.png If you want more resistance, you either grab a heavier plate or put your arms behind your head (it will add resistance). I also do an oblique variation where I grab two 5-lb dumbells, one in each hand, and do sit-ups with cross-overs to the side (also on the decline bench). Sometimes I'll get really adventurous and do leg raises on it, as well: http://www.body-mind-strength.com/assets/small_tone_building_abs_photos/decline_straight_leg_raises_finishing.jpg

Sorry, not very good at explaining this, but I hope the pix help. But yeah, that made a huge difference in my abs. I also did competitive boxing at some point, and punching the heavy bag really works your abs, and it burns lots of fat, too - and until that layer of fat on your stomach thins out, you won't see your abs. So I'd say it's a combo of weighted ab exercises + high-intensity interval cardio.

Thanks so much for the info. I can barely do sit-ups now since after pregnancy. It just does something to your muscles in your stomach lol. I've been doing crunches like crazy but I think I'm going to have to move it up to full sit-ups! I didn't know that about the cardio, thanks for the info. I was doing cardio like crazy, I've cut back a bit and been doing more weights, sit ups and push ups. I am still doing a little cardio, I've been using my xbox 360 kinect Dance Central, which is awesome by the way! I'm addicted to it so I'll probably just use that for my cardio....but hey I'm learning how to dance too LOL.

Mine are the same way, tube socks with tennis balls in them, i just wonder if they were always lumpy and we just now can feel it. i was only sleeved on nov 1, but i lost 70 lbs with the band. :D

I can't afford to lose Brest tissue. I think mine will indent if I do. Lol. I always say that they started growing in the 3rd grade and stopped in 4th grade.