Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On my pre-op liquid diet, I noticed I had terrible breath. My hubby would cringe at times it was so bad. After surgery it was the same, but I thought it was just cus of the liquid diet. I am now on mushy foods and the problem hasn't gone away.

I brush my teeth three times a day, use mouthwash every couple of hours, chew gum have breath spray, etc.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Hi,

I have the same thing now, had surgery on 10/15. I also had this when i got my lap-band. i think it is because your body is going through Ketosis. You are burning up your fat stores and it makes for some weird things to go on in your body!

HTH,

Patti

Anyone know how long it lasts? I've gotten pretty self conscience about talking to people.

Ladies, no doubt you are in ketosis if you are on a high Protein , low carb program. If you are in doubt go to the drug store or Walmart and pick up some ketone test strips.

I am currently in my 10th week post -op and so far my breath is as bad as ever. The upside to the story is I'm losing weight like crazy. In the pass two weeks I have lost 16 pounds and I have never had a stall. All total since my pre-op on August the 3rd I have lost 75 pounds.

I try to keep Listerine breath strips and chewing gum with me at ALL TIMES. LOL. I think as long as our carbs are low our breath will be funky. As soon as we start adding more carbs the funkiness should go away.

Good luck!!!!

Deb

I found this link and thought I would share!

The Mouth Dr

Patti

Patti,

Great article. I shared this link with my hubby, and his reply was "so your solution is to put duct tape over your mouth? I can live with that"...lol

Thanks for sharing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches