Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upcoming surgery and a important question

My surgery is in 3 weeks and I keep reading and hearing about shrinking your liver. What things can I do now, with just 3 weeks left to get ready. I mean as far as shrinking my liver, and I drink cokes really bad and know if I don't stop them now I risk the bad headaches after surgery stopping them suddenly. Any advice you can give me I would appreciate. I've gotten most every thing on the list to buy but what about my eating and liver.

Thank you everyone for all of your help,

Sherri

The basic issue with shrinking your liver is to eat low fat and high Protein. It will shrink the fatty deposits in the liver and allow it to be more pliable during the surgery, as it has to be moved around to get teh band in place. If your Dr. gives you a pre op diet, follow IT, if not, I would suggest low fat, high protein to help give you a boost. Good luck, it will be fine!!!

Kat

Yep - that's why I was put on the Atkins Induction, to shrink the organs - primarily the liver. So far so good - not tired of prime rib yet! :)

Hey Kurt we're having surgery the same day!!!!!!!yipee

Just different parts of Mexico. Good luck and hope all goes great.

They told me I didn't need to do a preop but I was afraid my liver might be like huge or something.

Sherri

Hello,

Before my surgery I checked with Dr. Sanchez's office about a pre-opt diet because I has read about others required to do so. The Dr.s office said they did not require a pre-opt diet and to enjoy my "Last Meal " pre-banded. No problems. Good luck on your surgery.

Sharon

My clinic doesn't require me to pre-op diet either.

I had my bloodwork done recently and it said I had a "fatty liver"....I was a bit concerened about this but when I saw the clinic nurse she assured me it was no big deal as 90% of people (fat & thin) have a fatty liver these days.

My doctor has done over 7000 lap band surgeries and only recommends for his patients over 200kg (440lbs) to go on a pre op "liver shrinking" diet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches