Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im saying bye bye to my hair!

My face has never looked good with short hair - IMO.

I have quite the double chin (neck... thing) and short hair just makes my face look bigger. Some heavy women retain thin faces and look much better in shorter hair. I wish I were one of them!

Good news for us hair losers!!! I have finally stopped losing my hair, the last few days. I am 9 months out!!!! I was really getting scared. I kept up my Protein, Iron, Vitamins, and Biotin and nothing helped. I quit the biotin a month ago. Anyway, time did help.

I've always been a shedder but since 4 months post-band, I've really lost it! My hair feels thin and dry. Every time, I ran my hair through it, I'd have many hairs left in my hand, on my clothing, on my families clothing, etc.

There is hope!!! By the way, Garnier Frutris (green bottles bought at grocery stores) with micro oils is terrific. I helps my hair feel smoother and stronger.

Good luck to all of the hair-losers!!

Shawn

Yay!! Thanks for the good news, Shawn!

I use ThermaSilk Volumising conditioner on my hair and I love it! Really makes my hair look so full and thick. I don't use the Shampoo with it though because it just ends up too greasy in a short time. I use Head n Shoulders Scalp Care for my shampoo.

a friend of mine has tremendous Hair loss from years of eating disorders. her scalp shows through etc. the one product that she found to camouflage it is this hair powder by bumble and bumble. it says that it is for subtle color change and drying oily hair but she uses it to thicken her hair and cover the whiteness of her scalp so that the thinness is less noticeable. you might check it out. and it comes in a few different shades. http://www.bizrate.com/oid426724262.html

Ya know, I was just complaining to my endocrinologist about my hair and not shedding in months & months - I have so much hair that I can't get a decent haircut. He was unimpressed as he is bald - ha! I actually had to cut my hair shorter again while trying to grow it out because I was getting the whole Rosanne Rosannadanna pyramid 'do. I've actually been looking forward to some hairloss. Really, I have enough hair for three people and in the humidity of the Houston area, well it tends to double in size. We'll see after I get banded, I guess. Just my luck I'd have some rare side-effect where you grow MORE hair!

Products have ALOT to do with texture. Anytime you add color (highlights) to your hair it brings a little thickness. And the product line I use is Big Sexy - the 'volumizing root pump' does wonders to my fine/thin mop head.

Best thing to remember about your shedding is that its only temporary! ((Thank You God!))

Kat, I think this is as good a place for your question as any. I'm going to figure up my average weekly weight loss and post it here. I'd be interested in seeing how that compares with others who have been having hair loss.

Good question!

------------------------------------------------

Ok, since surgery on Jan 9th, I have been losing an average of 2.93 pounds per week.

How about you others who are losing hair?

I guess if you average mine out it is about 3 1/2 a week. But really I am not losing much the last couple months. I lost alot in the beginning. Oh and I had two great things happen to me today. First I went to the Dr. and had to put on a gown and it actually fit me. And I also fit in the seat in the waiting room without killing my sides getting in and out. I was looking around and just wanted to yell I FIT IN THESE SEATS. But most people would have no idea what I was talking about. But I am so excited about it.

JJB! *laughs* I had the same reaction the first time I sat in the waiting room and realized that my hips and thighs didn't touch the sides! I know exactly what an awesome and unexpected treat that is! Good for you! :)

One more question. Do any of you have a tender scalp from all the Hair loss? Every morning I wake up and my scalp is sore in the back. Weird huh.

I lost a bunch of my hair in the beginning. I am almost 11 months out now and it has finally stopped falling out. I actually think it is starting to thicken back up, not that it was ever "thick" to begin with. I too cut it short and added highlights at first. I am letting it grow out now and have covered the highlights, too much work for me. I looked thinner with shorter hair, but it is time to let it grow back out. ~Mandy

I have started using Nyoxin. It is supposed to help with the thinning and make the hair stronger. I also ordered some Nick Chavez plump and thick from QVC. They showed a girl with her scalp showing and put this stuff in her hair, massaged into the scalp and roots and when she threw her head back she looked like she had three times as much hair. It has Shampoo, conditioner, styling products and spray. I'll have to let you know if it really works.

If you have a Sally's beauty supply near you they make a great generic to Nioxin, and they make the entire line at about 40%-50% off the regular price. ~Mandy