Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Handle This

I don't no what to do, was this band a waste of time and money. Not to mention the scars on my body. When I was doing the Clear Liquids a pound a day I lost down 16 pounds!! Started regular food this weekend and BAM I gained 5 lbs just like that!! If anyone does liquids all the time they will lose also, so why get banded for that!! n I drink a shake in the AM for the Protein lunch I have a little salad hard boiled egg then middle of day another shake and some veggies and protein for dinner, what the heck am I doing wrong!! So I haven't had the time to exercise but I should still be losing I am not eating at all like I was before the band.

I don't no what to do this is drivnig me nuts!!!

It sounds like you were banded recently. Have you had a fill yet?

I really wish that doctors would be more informative to their patients to expect little or no weight loss before they are properly adjusted. I see so many newly banded people getting really frustrated before they've even had their first fill.

Cherg,

i cannot even START to tell you how many times this type of message is posted. i think this is a common occurrence. it happened to me too. you will get LOTS of support and advice in response to your post. until you get your second fill, i would not suggest that you get your hopes up. until you get the first fill, you MUST concentrate on healing. i did not lose ANY weight during this time. when i finally got my first fill, i was only two pounds from the start weight...and that is only because i did not feel well the day before, and i did not eat normally. the first fill tends to disappear in an ironic twist of fate. about half of mine had disappeared by the time i went for my second fill. my second fill was 3-4 weeks after the first and that is when i had my first taste of restriction. unfortunately, it did not last long, but i did manage to lose down to 190. the loss was really fast, but stopped as dramatically as it started. so now i am scheduled for my 3rd fill on monday, 19th. i have been banded for right at 3 months, and i have lost 17 lbs(from consult date) and 13 lbs (from surgery date). it isnt much, but it is a start. hang in there, it will happen for you too. this is a very emotional time for you. i think many of us want instant results. this whole banding thing takes time. give it 3 or 6 months before you decide whether it was worth it.

and remember, this is the best place to come for support!

Cheryl it is too early for that.... you will have plenty of time to stress about weight loss later. Right now your body has to adjust to everything. Try counting your calories to be sure you are getting enough in, drink your 8 cups of Water a day or as much as you can and walk. I know you said you don't have time to exercise so walk in place while watching tv or doing the dishes, folding clothes or on the phone. 10 minutes at a time is good, do this as much as you can and your body will respond nicely. Also, don't just watch the scale, watch your clothes. Find something you can't get into or just wayyyyy to tight. Oh I love it when I put something on that didn't fit a few weeks before.

Patience is key......you are on your way to goal.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks all, I dare put on any old clothing I will just get frustrated. Don't even wanna go there yet. I have a co worker who lost 30 pounds in a 3 month period of time. She lost 15 the first 2 weeks and said she can't even finish a meal. Well I had gotten steamed chicken and broccoli and finished the whole thing, whats with that.

Ok so I need to patient and wait, I will gove it a try but now that I am able to eat solid foods its like the world is wide open to me now. But I feel I am making smart choices and to see a gain really upsets me. Hey I should go eat a pile of junk if I wanna gain not watch what I am eating and gain, thats not fair.

I tried that ticker thing thats frustrating too!!!! You would think I am PMSing about now but I really am not. I can tell you my weight,

May21st Surgery date-215

June8th-199.5

TODAY-205 :-(

Okay Cheryl, time to put away the scale. EVERYONE (just about) gains when they go off liquids and start adding in solid foods. Yup, you could do a liquid diet for 3 months and take off all kinds of weight, but you can't live like that forever. And when you start eating again, guess what? You'll gain.

Concentrate on healing. You have only been banded 3 weeks! Know that this band is for the long haul. It does more work than you think. Please be patient, choose well, eat with your head, not your heart.

Good morning,

I am sorry you are frustrated, and even more upset that you did not receive good advice prior to your surgery on what to expect. But you are here now, and we will hold your hand and help you, like everyone helped us when we were new bandsters! Welcome to bandland!

The biggest thing to learn right now is that the first 6 weeks are for healing. You want that band to heal inside your body, nice and healthy. Don't stress it out or push it. The liquids and mushies are to give your stomach a break, NOT to lose weight. Restriction comes with fills, and I don't think you've had one yet, am I right on that? Fills are very personal, some people need several, some need one or two. The amounts are personal...some need very little; some need more.

The band is a tool. You still have a lot of work to do on your own, and most of it is in your head. Start looking at the big picture and let go of your need for instant results. You will be happier and healthier, and will see your success!

Good luck, Cindy

Cheryl a little patience. Good job on your lost. You can drink a bottle of Water and weigh 5 pounds more then you did yesterday. LOL

Let's start today and we will get there together....slowly. 10 ponds gone WOW I like the comparisons that other people use.....You have lost a 10 pounds bag of potatoes.....!!!!!!

tickerfactory.com

create the ticker

copy the bb code

copy and paste the part that looks like this ---

www.tickerfactory....etc....

let us know if you have trouble and we will guide you.

please know that this frustration is something that nearly all of us can relate to.

Thanks fo rbeing so understanding ALL. I no I need to throw out the scale its a wild obsession I have had for a very long time. Its all mental thinking I had the band put in so hey lets see what has happened. Correct I have no fills as of yet. I go back to the surgeon on Thursday and meet with a nutritionist in July.

One step at a time right take some deep breaths and chill, I gotta keep telling myself that, the weight didn't come over nite so it won't go away over nite, although I keep wishing it would LOL.

I would like to keep contact with you all so is this the thread I use??

one more thing thanks guys your a GREAT support system, I will work on the ticker thing.

Noooo Cheryl you need a better more inspiring thread....change the title to I WILL DO THIS OR I CAN DO THIS WITH YOUR SUPPORT

GO CHERYL GO CHERYL GO CHERYL:cheer2: