Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hungry

ok guess this doesn't really have to do with the sleeve but i feel i can bounce anything off you guys and get some sound advice. i have not been sleeved yet but something new is happening to me and i am kind of nervous about it and wondering it it happend to any of my fellow sleevers. ok here it is i am extremly hungry,not just want to eat to eat i mean hungry with hunger pain stomach growling and all and it been this way for two days now. i told you guys that i have an ulcer and when i googled severe hunger an ulcer as well as diabetes is cause for severe hunger which i have as well. now i know no one can give medical advice but has this happenend to any one of you that might have had diabetes or an ulcer. my thing is i don't want to put on 30lbs trying to feel this hunger before i have my surgery. i don't have my date and know it won't be until the first of the year which mean i could easily gain 20 to 30 pounds in the next few months and i can not afford to do that. has this happend to anyone if so let me know. i feel silly calling my pcp and telling him i'm hungry all the time. the only way to explain is that there is one spot in my stomach that will not get filled no matter how much i eat or how much Water i drink. i ate lunch about an hour and fifteen minutes ago and my stomach is growling as i type. please help.

I am/was diabetic before my surgery 5/10/10. I can't speak to the "stomach pain" hunger, but I sometimes found that no matter how much I ate, I still felt hungry. It would take the pain of being overstuffed before I felt like I didn't want to eat any more. With diabetes I found that I needed to keep a close eye on glucose levels especially at night. My weight was 347, bmi 51. I was asked at a pre-op session if the foods were too filling. My answer was "Heck no, I've been hungry since I started this."

With that said the vsg was the best choice I ever made. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I've lost 93lbs, have more energy and it's fun to "go backwards" through my closet. My wife asks about my "new shirt" because she hasn't see me wear it for 5 years or more.

My advice - Struggle as best as you can until your date, then things just continue to get better.

ok guess this doesn't really have to do with the sleeve but i feel i can bounce anything off you guys and get some sound advice. i have not been sleeved yet but something new is happening to me and i am kind of nervous about it and wondering it it happend to any of my fellow sleevers. ok here it is i am extremly hungry,not just want to eat to eat i mean hungry with hunger pain stomach growling and all and it been this way for two days now. i told you guys that i have an ulcer and when i googled severe hunger an ulcer as well as diabetes is cause for severe hunger which i have as well. now i know no one can give medical advice but has this happenend to any one of you that might have had diabetes or an ulcer. my thing is i don't want to put on 30lbs trying to feel this hunger before i have my surgery. i don't have my date and know it won't be until the first of the year which mean i could easily gain 20 to 30 pounds in the next few months and i can not afford to do that. has this happend to anyone if so let me know. i feel silly calling my pcp and telling him i'm hungry all the time. the only way to explain is that there is one spot in my stomach that will not get filled no matter how much i eat or how much Water i drink. i ate lunch about an hour and fifteen minutes ago and my stomach is growling as i type. please help.

Are you being treated for the ulcer - acid reducer medicine? if so, is it strong enough?

As for me, one of the reasons that I want the sleeve is my insatiable hunger. I am not sleeved yet either. I often eat and then am hungry again an hour later. This occurs expecially after I have been having heartburn, eating too much carbs, two to three days before my period starts, etc. It also gets worse when I diet. It is not normal. I didn't know this until I took fen/phen and was able to go hours without thinking about food, then a little gurgle, and I was like. Oh I must be hungry. It is one of the most frustrating things to feel hunger constantly.

Good luck. Stick with the plan as best as you can. Try to increase Protein, eat healthy Snacks, and track your food on one of the food tracking systems. I like fatsecret.com. Hopefully it won't be too much longer and we can both find a new life without this burden.

oh i knew i could count on my vsg family, i thought i was loosing my mind. i would eat and be full and 45mins later would be extremly hungry with hunger pains. it's good to know that it was not just a figment of my imagination as to what was going on with my body. i will try to stay on track and eat healthier type foods when this hunger kicks in. hopefully this is not something that i will have to deal with for long.

as far as meds for the ulcer i go in a couple of weeks to get and endoscopy to see what stage the ulcer is in and i guess they will medicate from there. thanks again guys i will keep you posted with progress as well as when i get my date.