Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mexican surgeons

hey guys im going to mexico next month for vacation and surgery. i was going to get the surgery done in Tijuana but have decided against it. cancun is a few thousand more ....but i was wondering if anyone here had the surgery in cancun or puerto vallarta or any vacation destination???? i found one in cancun but they want 7700 bucks. does anyone know a cheaper surgeon in mexico that is based out of any vacation destination in mexico??? (wish i could go to tijuana to get it but im not allowed in the usa and flights within mexico are pretty expensive) any info would be appreciated thx

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana and I would recommend him to anyone. Tijuana is a lot safer then rumored about, my companion who came with me wondered the streets that surrounded the hospital and loved the experience. He found the people very kind, and he really enjoyed the food vendors that were all around. I was looking at him walking the streets through my hospital window and I got a little jealous. I wish you luck wish your surgery and a full recovery.

Well I highly recommend Dr. Aceves in Mexicali... however I'm biased. He did my isty bitsy sleeve and he has so many patients that post here - you wouldn't believe!

Good luck on your decision. I'm sure you will make the right one for you.

Hey doeboy,

I think you really need to do your research on any doctor that you are considering. I heard that Dr Rumbaut in Monterray MX does perform the sleeve. I am not fully sure of his credentials but I think I heard he was good.

Lily

Aceves is the best of the best. I had another surgeon and had a great experience but if you want the best...go with him.

I did loads of homework and went with Aceves with NO regrets, however had I not gone with him I also liked the track record of Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. There are several of his patients on youtube who I have chatted with and who have had a good deal of success. If you have other ?'s feel free to PM me and I can give you further info.

Anna

(But seriously, Aceves is amazing. Best medical experience I have ever had)

Yes, I agree with Wannalise...Aceves is tops. He gave me a great surgical experience. I went down there first to check out the hospital and interview him. (I live within 4 hrs of Mexicali so it was worth it to me to make the trip.) I came home convinced. He spent hours with me answering my questions and talking about his technique, which really was reassuring to me. Even my husband was impressed and he was not wild about my original US physician choice. And my husband doesn't speak Spanish and doesn't feel comfortable going to Mexico in general. But he was glad we did it that way in the end. When I had post op lung issues (no fault of anyone---just my crappy lungs) they took care of me quickly and competently and didn't charge me anything except for the meds (that was the pharmacy). I would whole heartedly, without any reservation recommend Aceves & Co. His right hand man Dr. Campos is most excellent as well---AND he had a sleeve done himself by Dr Campo.

Personally, I have never had a boss that I would let come within 6 ft of me with a scalpel.

GG