Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks to wait!!

Will be sleeved by Dr Nick Nicholson on October 11th! !Am excited, scared, nervous... you name it. This is also the first blog I have ever participated in and that is scary. I have started my pre-op diet, but have done it before in Feb. when I first started the process. BC/BS denied the procedure and about the time I wrapped my head around that after losing 35 lbs on my own, they came back and approved it!! What a roller coaster. Took me another month to work up the nerve again.

Am supposed to start caring for my 2 month old granddaughter the first of November. Do you think I will be up to it? That is my main concern. I have about 60-70 lbs. to lose and hopefully it will resolve my type II diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, bad knees, etc. Thank everyone for posting on this site. It has given me the encouragement that I have needed to move forward with this life-altering decision.:)

Will be sleeved by Dr Nick Nicholson on October 11th! !Am excited, scared, nervous... you name it. This is also the first blog I have ever participated in and that is scary. I have started my pre-op diet, but have done it before in Feb. when I first started the process. BC/BS denied the procedure and about the time I wrapped my head around that after losing 35 lbs on my own, they came back and approved it!! What a roller coaster. Took me another month to work up the nerve again.

Am supposed to start caring for my 2 month old granddaughter the first of November. Do you think I will be up to it? That is my main concern. I have about 60-70 lbs. to lose and hopefully it will resolve my type II diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, bad knees, etc. Thank everyone for posting on this site. It has given me the encouragement that I have needed to move forward with this life-altering decision.B)

You have made a great decision that will be great for the rest of your life. It is life altering, but in such a positive way. You can eat the same stuff, eventually. So tell yourself, "eventually I can anything I want, just not everything I want, and just not NOW". I promise you, you will NOT feel deprived once you get past all the liquids.

It can be an emotional roller coaster and of course it IS surgery and you will have some healing to do. But once you get past that, you will have a new lease on life. And you will likely wish you would have done it years ago. But just keep looking forward as you reclaim your life. Keep up the high Proteins during the two weeks preop, unless your doc says otherwise. And come here for support because the folks here are like a loving family.

Everybody heals at a different rate, but unless your grandbaby is on the big side, 2 months old isn't too heavy to lift. Just don't bend at the waist and lift. And when the baby is sleeping, use that time to rest yourself. Babies mostly sleep the first three months, so you will get a lot of time to rest. Be sure and take it. And don't neglect your fluids.

GG

Georgiegirl, Thank you so much for your encouragement. I really need this site. My husband is v"ery supportive and one of my kids, but the one with the baby does not want me to have the surgery. I have had to explain to him that although I love him and appreciate his concern, this decision must be mine and only for myself. Again, thank you for the support. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

I'm on my 2 week pre-op diet..glucerna shakes and 1 Atkins type meal per day. Yesterday I thought I would starve, but today I had 3 oz fish and 2 cups of steamed cabbage. I feel like I am going to explode. I am sooooo full. Wondering if my stomach is shrinking somewhat and if this is one purpose of the pre-surgery diet. Also, my doctor prescribes a Scopalomine patch 2 days prior to surgery. This is making me nervous as I had Scopalomine during the delivery of my daughter and it made me a crazy person... out of my head with delusions etc.. Should I tell my doctor and has anyone else had a reaction to this drug. I am terrified of vomiting after surgery. In previous surgeries, even with lots of anti-nausea drugs I was vomited repeatedly, for hours after the surgery. Any comments?