Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did ya'll abstain post-op? I fully expect to not feel into it for the first week or two, but what about the stitches etc?

And for that matter, did you find your satisfaction level etc. changed? Was it difficult at all to get back into the swing of things, sortofspeak?

What about body/intimacy issues? Did you have a hard time adjusting and feeling "normal" about that stuff?

I guess I'm just curious about what to expect in this area, since few really talk about it. I know that for me, intimacy with my partner is really important, and I'm hoping to mentally prepare for any of those kinds of changes. Everyone's different of course, but I think it'd make me feel better to hear from others!

My post op info stated by week 5 I could return to sexual activity if I felt up to it. I broke that guideline and week three resumed some activity taking it very slowly.

I didn't worry about having an "O" that first week because i was afraid how all the tightening up would feel on my tummy. This week (week 4) things are back to normal, I am not going crazy mind you but things feel normal. I did however leave my tummy covered, those incisions just are not so hot lol.

sorry for the tmi

My husband was deployed during my recovery so I wasn't getting any action for several months.

But, I can tell you that now that I've lost my boobs, I am more self-conscious now than I was pre-op. My husband loves me regardless, but I hate looking down and seeing my ribs poking up higher than my boobs.

For the rest of my body, I could care less. I definitely don't care about the little excess skin, and scars. My sex drive is way higher, my stamine/endurance is 150% improved, and sex is so much more fun as a skinny chick. I'd never experienced sex as a skinny girl so it was an adjustment. Overall, I have had zero major issues adjusting to my new body.

But, I can tell you that now that I've lost my boobs, I am more self-conscious now than I was pre-op. My husband loves me regardless, but I hate looking down and seeing my ribs poking up higher than my boobs. .

Hey Tiffy,

I'm kinda worried about this too. Even at my highest weight I am only a C cup, and I know from past weight loss that my boobs tend to vanish before anything else!

I guess there isn't any point worrying, I should probably try and get my head around it now in anticipation of it happening.

Ericka, my post-op info sheet simply says "sexual activity may be resumed as soon as you feel up to it" :thumbup1:

Hey Tiffy,

I'm kinda worried about this too. Even at my highest weight I am only a C cup, and I know from past weight loss that my boobs tend to vanish before anything else!

I guess there isn't any point worrying, I should probably try and get my head around it now in anticipation of it happening.

:thumbup1:

I was a solid 40/42D-DD depending on the bra, and for a fat chick, I had nice boobs. Now, they are just little bags of skin and some breast tissue. Literally there is no fat in there anymore. I am getting breast implants in the future probably next year for my 35th bday. I didn't think it would bother me, but I'm finding that I really hate having to roll my boobs up into my bra. Wearing low cut shirts is a little challenging because I have to make sure the boobs look decent. I'm now a tiny 32/34 a to b cup.

I don't mean to be a downer, but it's my reality. I'm completely flat chested now, and the best mental picture I can give you is ** take a Water balloon, and fill it up at the kitchen sink, when the bottom of the balloon fills up with Water and just hangs down** Yeah that's what my boobs look like.

Implants may be something I'll consider in the future, along with a Tummy Tuck. But one step at a time. :thumbup1:

I hope it goes well for you if you go ahead xx

How long did ya'll abstain post-op? I fully expect to not feel into it for the first week or two, but what about the stitches etc?

And for that matter, did you find your satisfaction level etc. changed? Was it difficult at all to get back into the swing of things, sortofspeak?

What about body/intimacy issues? Did you have a hard time adjusting and feeling "normal" about that stuff?

I guess I'm just curious about what to expect in this area, since few really talk about it. I know that for me, intimacy with my partner is really important, and I'm hoping to mentally prepare for any of those kinds of changes. Everyone's different of course, but I think it'd make me feel better to hear from others!

Go to a thread in the Ladies Room entitled, "now there's a side effect". I think you'll get a kick out of it and find it informative! :blush:

Implants may be something I'll consider in the future, along with a Tummy Tuck. But one step at a time. :blush:

I hope it goes well for you if you go ahead xx

Yep, one thing at a time. I'm doing my face first. Botox and wrinkle filler is first. Then baby, then I'm considering have the 360 abdominoplasty with a lower body lift, along with breast implants. If I don't do the 360, I'll just have a regular tummy tuck and some Lipo done on my inner thighs for a little body contouring.

Luckily, my insurance will cover about 2/3 of the costs so I'll just have to pay the surgeon his cut for the additional nip tucking. But, it'll be so worth it. I would estimate that I have good 2-3lbs of skin on my abdomen with my little baby fat roll that I can't get rid of to save my life.

My dr. just told me yesterday, "you can resume sexual relations." My husband I think was doing a little chair dance, he was so happy. I'm just over a week out too. :blush:

I am a little over 2 weeks out. Everything has gone smoothly with no problems except not being able to sleep as I normally do. I have only gottern 4-5 hours a night. However last night my husband Ron said I needed a good Dose of "DR. Ron's Two Ball Solution" LOL did the trick and boy did I sleep well last night. We have been married 36 yrs so neither of us are self conscious about our bodies. He seems to take great delight in grabbing my behind and hollering "There's Less!" What a comedian. I am so lucky to have him.

I was told I could have sex as soon as I felt up to it. I tried at 5 days out and it was a little rough. We eventually found a position that worked and it was fine. I am now 5 weeks out and down 40 lbs and I have to say it is really GOOD!!!! :001_tt1:

I have never considered breast implants until recently. I don't know why my boobs are smaller now than they were when I was in H.S. and I weighed 110 then.

I literally have no boobs. My A cup is too big. It's demoralizing. I am just afraid of losing nipple sensation if I get a boob job. My boobs look like a little kids tube sock.

About 4 weeks, and it's better. That's all I'm gonna say! Well, I'll say this too: I think that as a married person, I have no body-image issues beyond the ones I already had. The scars aren't gorgeous, but having a smaller stomach makes up for them. If I were single and facing (as it were) a new partner, I don't know. Logistically, having a smaller stomach makes things easier (and that's all I'm gonna say about THAT!). I never had great-looking breasts (even when they first arrived), and a lift is in the future, but my weight loss doesn't really affect them. For me, it's a stomach and face issue, and those are slowly improving.

I had to wait until I was pain-free and past the point of having that internal 'pulling' sensation I had to the left of my belly button. Also for my incisions to feel really stable. My husband seems more interested. Frankly, sex with a huge stomach has been exhausting for me, and just 25 lbs down is a relief. And that's all I'm gonna say! :)

Edited by pcindy

I am a little over 2 weeks out. Everything has gone smoothly with no problems except not being able to sleep as I normally do. I have only gottern 4-5 hours a night. However last night my husband Ron said I needed a good Dose of "DR. Ron's Two Ball Solution" LOL did the trick and boy did I sleep well last night. We have been married 36 yrs so neither of us are self conscious about our bodies. He seems to take great delight in grabbing my behind and hollering "There's Less!" What a comedian. I am so lucky to have him.

OMG I snort laughed when I read this...I also blushed. LOL

TMI!!!:) But also LOL! Good for you! We should all be so blessed after 36 years! I am also blushing however, and if you know me, that takes a LOT!:)