Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You don't "need" a cigarette, you just want one. Honestly quitting smoking is not physically difficult - it's all psychological. You just have to think about what it would do for you if you had the cigarette... nothing. It won't make you feel better, it will just make you want the next cigarette.

Those smoking up until surgery, you must be brave.. there's no way in hell I would undergo ELECTIVE general anesthetic as a smoker. Craziness!

You don't "need" a cigarette, you just want one. Honestly quitting smoking is not physically difficult - it's all psychological. You just have to think about what it would do for you if you had the cigarette... nothing. It won't make you feel better, it will just make you want the next cigarette.

Those smoking up until surgery, you must be brave.. there's no way in hell I would undergo ELECTIVE general anesthetic as a smoker. Craziness!

Well thank you for the compliment on my craziness. You know your response comes off as judgemental and rude...right? Well you are you and I am me and every human does things differently.

You know I have been a non smoker and a smoker for long periods each within my life, and I will tell you when I didn't smoke the last thing I told people was "It's all psychological" duh and so is my eating, so is my stressing on my ______________ insert name there.

Poster absolutely nothing you said in your post was helpful. I am sitting here wondering why you even posted a comment...just to pass judgement on me and let me know how you would NEVER do that..well if that was your goal..you succeeded.......I guess a high five for you is in order......:)

Well thank you for the compliment on my craziness. You know your response comes off as judgemental and rude...right? Well you are you and I am me and every human does things differently.

You know I have been a non smoker and a smoker for long periods each within my life, and I will tell you when I didn't smoke the last thing I told people was "It's all psychological" duh and so is my eating, so is my stressing on my ______________ insert name there.

Poster absolutely nothing you said in your post was helpful. I am sitting here wondering why you even posted a comment...just to pass judgement on me and let me know how you would NEVER do that..well if that was your goal..you succeeded.......I guess a high five for you is in order......:)

Yeah, that. I'm just over 36 hours of not having a smoke and it's sooo hard. I think about it at least once an hour. How are you coming along?

Yeah, that. I'm just over 36 hours of not having a smoke and it's sooo hard. I think about it at least once an hour. How are you coming along?

Not good, my DH is headed to the mall as we speek to get me an electronic smoke. You can use these as they are just like having a patch.

They are not smoke but you can get them with nicotine..so to be continued I will let you know. :)

I gave up smoking about 10 years ago - I found it got much easier after the first 2 weeks... I saved some cigarette stubs and put them in a jam jar with some Water and put the lid on. shake it all up, and when you feel like a ciggie (nearly said 'fag' which is English slang for a cigarette, lol), take the lid off and have a good smell of the brew - it is hideous, and I was assured, how a smoker smells after a cigarette!

I used Patches, and the office wag said they work best when you put them over your eyes, then you can't find your cigarettes! :lol0:

Hang in there, every day is a day nearer clean lungs - the rest of you is getting a detox, so why not go the whole shebang? Oh, and more people are giving up than are starting smoking - so it CAN be done!!! :lol0:

On the other hand, the girl in the next room to me in the clinic went outside for a smoke every half hour the evening before her operation. I asked what the surgeon said, and she said he preferred she didn't, but that it was her decision when to give up.

Good luck!

Edited by JudyM

It's a medically proven fact that Nicotine is addicting. Anything you become addicted to causes physical and mental withdrawals. Good luck with the no smoking you are a stronger person than I am!

Thanks for the words of encouragement..I wish your words would turn the switch on my addiction to these F***er's...I am going to plug along hour by hour to not smoke........that's my plan and I am sticking with it! (Positive thoughts r supposed to help right?)