Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been lurking for about a month when I had first found out about the VSG surgery. The stories and information here has been sooooo helpful, and inspirational that it convinced me that VSG is the right way to go. I am a 31 year old father of two, who has fought being overweight since I was a kid. I think VSG is going to be the stepping stone I have always needed to get healthy! I have my first consultation tomorrow afternoon with Dr. Jossart, and am hoping to have my surgery after the 1st of next year. Any other Dr. Jossart patients on here? Thanks to all of the posters here that make it an easy choice to look in to this surgery :biggrin0:

Hi there! I know I can't believe how helpful this board has been. When I went to an information seminar for WLS recently, I quickly realized how far ahead of the game I've been thanks to all the informative people here. This really is a great place. :biggrin0:

Good luck with your consultation and subsequent surgery!

Welcome. I am still waiting for my appeal to go through, but I hope to get my sleeve before the 1st of the year. This is a great place for info. I learn something new every day.

Welcome, Rob! There are a lot of great folks here with a real cross-section of experiences to share. Best of all, for me, is nobody sugarcoats anything. They share the good AND the bad. For someone trying to decide how to proceed, it's a great place to soak it in.

Good luck!

Dave

Welcome, I just joined today myself and I'm in your same boat.. I originally looked at the lap-band but now i'm about 95% sleeve in my choice, I wont be having my operation until the end of the year and I'm on a 6 month weight loss monitoring program with my doc. I'm 32 and have been battling real obesity since I was an adult(although I was a "larger" kid then normal.. just not really fat)... however the habits I formed in my Italian family " your to skinny have a 3rd helping!" , contributed to my perception of food lol.

im here in New Jersey and going with Dr. Sadek.

Welcome Joey and Raiderrob.

there is also obesityhelp.com,they have weight loss forums and info also.doesn't hurt to check them all out.you want to do all the research you can.Alice oh and welcome!

Welcome ... didn't haved the doctor, but had VSG.

Can't say enough good things about the surgery. I was obese since birth. Really! I was 10 pounds 10 ounces at birth so I've always been a big girl. BUT NO LONGER!!! As of this morning, I am 3 pounds from goal!

Welcome ... didn't haved the doctor, but had VSG.

Can't say enough good things about the surgery. I was obese since birth. Really! I was 10 pounds 10 ounces at birth so I've always been a big girl. BUT NO LONGER!!! As of this morning, I am 3 pounds from goal!

Gratz on being so close to the goal! Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm excited, off to my appointment :thumbup:

Hi RaiderBob......I have a question for you. I was supposed to have my 3 month follow up with Dr. Jossart today. The office manager of LapSF called me yesterday at 4:30 or so and cancelled it because "Dr. Jossart is no longer with this practice". Needless to say - I was shocked !!!! and very saddened by his departure from that practice. I will be seeing Dr. Cirangle for all of my follow up and I'm sure he'll be fine, but I really LIKED Dr. Jossart. I'm sad that he won't be seeing the fabulous progress that I've made. Did you get a similar phone call? I'd love to find out where Dr. Jossart will be practicing. I have a couple of friends that were interested in having him do their surgery because I raved so much about him.

Hi RaiderBob......I have a question for you. I was supposed to have my 3 month follow up with Dr. Jossart today. The office manager of LapSF called me yesterday at 4:30 or so and cancelled it because "Dr. Jossart is no longer with this practice". Needless to say - I was shocked !!!! and very saddened by his departure from that practice. I will be seeing Dr. Cirangle for all of my follow up and I'm sure he'll be fine, but I really LIKED Dr. Jossart. I'm sad that he won't be seeing the fabulous progress that I've made. Did you get a similar phone call? I'd love to find out where Dr. Jossart will be practicing. I have a couple of friends that were interested in having him do their surgery because I raved so much about him.

Wow!! That's shocking. However, my first choice in surgeon was Dr. Cirangle before I chose to go to MX and have my sleeve done by Dr. Aceves.

Dr. Cirangle is incredibly knowledgeable. I'm sure you will be in excellent hands with him. However, It might not hurt to do a Dr. search on Jossart to find out where he may have moved his practice to.

What??? I didn't receive anything from this about Dr. Jossart. Thanks for the heads up I need to call and find out whats up.

I went to the support group on Saturday in Petaluma and met Dr. Cirangle. He's very nice and very smart. I think I'll be in good hands with him. I heard through the grapevine that Dr. Jossart is going to open up his own practice next month and we all will be contacted. I don't know who I'll end up seeing for all of my post op visits. I really like them both. I am partial to Dr. Jossart just because he did my surgery and we have a good rapport. I'm not worried either way because I know that I'll be well taken care of. Stay positive - both of these guys are great surgeons !!!

I went to the support group on Saturday in Petaluma and met Dr. Cirangle. He's very nice and very smart. I think I'll be in good hands with him. I heard through the grapevine that Dr. Jossart is going to open up his own practice next month and we all will be contacted. I don't know who I'll end up seeing for all of my post op visits. I really like them both. I am partial to Dr. Jossart just because he did my surgery and we have a good rapport. I'm not worried either way because I know that I'll be well taken care of. Stay positive - both of these guys are great surgeons !!!

Any more word about Dr. Jossart? This is very disheartining, after looking at stats for other surgeons in Cali, Jossart and Cirangle are by far the best options. One thing that really bothers me about the LapSF practice is the cost ($5700) of the 5 year aftercare program which they said is not covered by insurance. Were you able to get around that cost? I'm thinking i might need to look for another surgeon ;( Anybody have any suggestions?

Hi there - Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - just got home from much needed vacation. The rumor mill has told me that Dr. Jossart will open up a practice after November 1st. I don't have any details, but will keep you posted. I was a self pay patient with LapSF and ALL of my post op appointments are included. Hope to give you some great information soon..................