Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Concerned over my eating

First let me say that I have noticed that I get more hungry late in the evening. I don't know if it is because my Prilosec has ran its course from the morning dose or if it is just because I had been eating so little that it catches up with me late in evening. Secondly I ran out of the Prilosec yesterday and did not have a dose today (i forgot to pick it up today) and today I feel really hungry. Though when I write it down it doesn't look like that much. This morning I had a half a Breakfast sandwich with cheese, couple scrambled eggs and a slice of deli ham. I drank some oj after that. I had a slice of bread with Peanut Butter for lunch. Then at 3:00 I got a bean burrito from taco bell and ate half of it rather quickly but wasn't sure if I felt full. It has been two hours and I just got the other half out of micro to eat the rest of it. I am not sure if it is acid hunger, possibly PMS (i get ravenous usually) or what. Am I jacking myself up? At one month should I be able to eat that much? WTh:cursing:

I need to get to the store to get some more fresh veggies and other high Protein items. I will do that tomorrow. But I was surprised at the amount of that burrito I could fit.

Any thoughts? I am seriously concerned.

I was hungry without my Prilosec. Acid definitely causes hunger.

Try tracking your calories, carbs, Protein to see exactly what you are getting in. If you're staying within your guidelines, then you aren't eating too much. Even at 15 months, I can barely 1/2 of a bean burrito from taco bell, 1/3 is more like it for my sleeve. BUT, that doesn't mean your sleeve is broken or mine is too small. Everyone has different anatomy, and you might be able to fit more in.

My program has people on liquids (clear and full) liquids for the first month so I can't really relate because I was barely on mushies, and bread is a total no no during the losing stage.

Some people get "eat a carb, crave a carb". From what you listed, it seems like pretty carby stuff between the bread, tortilla, breakfast sandwich which could be triggering some hunger for you. Pack in Protein foods, and see how your hunger works out for you. If you stay off Prilosec for too many days, you might have some breakthrough reflux, and the hunger might not get resolved immediately if it's caused from acid. Prilosec takes a few days to kick in to full effect.

Today is the first day I allowed myself the simple carbs. I will make sure I track my food on the comp, I don't want to cut out carbs to lose but I know the Protein needs to be eaten first, I am still adjusting I guess. I am just concerned that my pouch is huge or something and I'm gonna end up failing after all I went through. On the bright side I get to start at the gym tomorrow! I will get to store tomorrow and pump up the ready protein foods. I'm bummed sorta that my tummy holds so much this early on.

You'll be okay. I promise, just Protein focus, and you'll do great.

I just know a lot of sleeve patients talk about that eat a carb, crave a carb phenom thing. I don't get it, but I guess it makes sense.

I am 5 weeks out and I too feel that I eat too much, but I've read so many threads and people all say the same thing! lol so I learned to not care really about "how much" but WHAT I eat. As long as I get my Protein in and stay away from carbs I know I can't do to bad considering I can't eat that much either way. I had a bean and cheese burrito from taco bell also, and I ALMOST was able to eat 1/2 but I was soooo stuffed. I know now that it's a no no for me. If I really do need to grab something on the road I just get pinto Beans from taco bell, no sauce, and eat about 1/3 of it.

Over the labor day weekend I do admit I was eating chips and salsa and was surprised how much could fit in me...I'm guessing this is a "slider food"???? who knows, but I don't feel bad about it....it was labor day weekend and It's not a every day thing and it's not like I ate TONS lol Even if I might have wanted to....

anyhow, don't worry too much about how eating too much, just stay away from tortillas, bread, etc. Those get me way too full either way.

Also, Prilosec? I've never heard of that, but if it's for acid my doctor gave me omeprazole so I'm guessing it's the same thing?

Hi,

I had some of the same concerns. I had my sleeve done on Aug. 4th 2010. I'm bummed because I can eat more than I think I should be able to. Everyone says don't worry, but like you, I don't want to be a failure. Here's to both of us and our journeys!!!

~Connie