Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do when you play hooky?

Hooky from Work

Hooky from Work (if you're a stay at home mom and/or you work from home)

Today I am splitting out of work to go play golf with a couple of co-workers.

I told my hubby I was going to be a little late coming home from work because I have a late afternoon "meeting". I think he knew I was lying when I through my golf clubs in the back of the car last night.

oh i lead a sad existence. LOL When I play hooky from work (contract graphic design from my home office) I get to do laundry, clean the house, feed the kids, the dog, the cat, and take care of the lawn. LOL my hooky is never that exciting. but that is prolly why I play so hard on the weekends.

I've played hooky (called in sick) to work to take care of stuff at home so I can play hard on the weekend!!

How goofy is that.

I think it allows us to clear our minds of that nasty little list of must do's. And work is the perfect time to do it cause you don't want to do it when the whole family is home. It takes away from your time with them.

I've played hooky (called in sick) to work to take care of stuff at home so I can play hard on the weekend!!

How goofy is that.

I played hooky from work so I could do my income tax. THAT is goofy.....

I'm playing hooky Friday to have an early Breakfast with my mother, then watch my father & uncle play together in a golf tournament, then get things set up for the ACS Relay for Life that evening.

I work in a small office and unfortunately for me, I have too much responsibility to be able to play hookey. It always seems like there is something important going on. I dream about it a lot though. When I was working retail many years ago, I called in so I could go strawberry picking with my mom. Of course it was 100 degrees in the shade of which there was no shade and I was out at high noon picking strawberries. I got so hot baking in the sun with heat exhaustion and got so ill for the rest of the day. That was my punishment for playing hookey my one and only time I ever tried it.

gotcha gotcha gotcha...............the hooky police

Cuff her Shack !! :guess

Griz.... lookie at you :)

When I play hookie, its usually because my DD is sick and I don't want to use a vacation day, but the last time I payed hookie I went to an Easter Play with my DD school *evil grin*

I'm no fun :tired

I play hookey from uni, because the time when I have no children is way to precious to waste on what I should be doing, lol. I'm only part time at the moment and doing one unit off campus, and the other unit is one of those filler unit, give an academic a job type things that is ridicously easy. Next semester is going to be the same. So I just work at my own pace at home and barely ever actually physically attend.

I take myself off to the movies - only chance I ever get to see a chick flick, go shopping, schedule haircuts and nail appointments and sometimes I muck around on the computer for hours on end. But I do study too.

Hookie huh? My hookie is usually when my mom (who is my boss) says "You should stay home tomorrow". Usually I sleep in and play on the computer, may or may not get any house work done.

Working for my mom, it's easy for me to pop out and run errands and things like that. More often than not, it's HER messaging me (yahoo), saying "I need to run errands want to go?" which translates into "Come pick me up so we can run errands".

I love my mom.

I go have lunch with a dear friend and/or stop at every antique shop I see along the way. I've even been known to go miles out of my way for antique shops!!

Emily

The only time I played hooky was when my then boyfriend (now hubby) flew over to the UK to meet my family and I took a Monday to make a magical long weekend for us...told everyone at school I was sick but then had to keep biting my tongue, trying to remember not to mention that he'd ever been there or they all would have guessed...

Being sick of work or school should count as a sick day. I get sick and tired of work all the time... unfortunately, Substitute Poodles are hard to find. And I have found if I am out one day the teenagers make me pay for it for three... so it is easier to wait for a holiday to do fun things.

I dont have a job to play hooky from... but when my hubby plays hooky we either go shopping (window shopping) or rent a movie and relax and grill... nice!