Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I've been on this sight "visiting" trying to get all the imformation before surgery as far as what to expect. Was scared and just wanted to be sure I was doing the right thing (by having the surgery) My husband had a sleeve back in Jan. 2010 and had problems. He spent 5 1/2 weeks icu and two weeks on the regular floor(7 1/2 weeks total) He was the 1% who had everything go wrong. We almost lost him twice. So you see why I was scared to go through with it. But now he's doing great, down 87 lbs. and has so much energy that I'm jealous!

so I set my date for august 16th and didn't look back. (same doctor). All went well, one of the nurses from the office sat with my family till I got out! Day 1-sore but walked, day 2-went in for a upper gi just to make sure no leaks, day 3-send home did a little shopping with my daughter,day 4-WIPPED OUT slept alot all day, day 5-felt hungery for soft foods ( yogurt, pudding and mash potatoes real thin -no problem!) day 6-a little chicken Soup (mostly broth), day 7-out boating with family and friends and starting to enjoy life again! Remembering to get all my Water, crystal light and Protein Drinks in. I go to the doctor this week and then back to light duty - physical work on thrusday. Looking forward to it.

I am down 14 lbs.

Wow I can't believe you were shopping on day 3! No wonder you were wiped out on day 4! You are so brave to have gone through with your surgery after your husband's experience, you are gonna do just great. 14 pounds down already! Keep up the good work!

I admired you for having the surgery after your husband's complications. That is very brave of you.

Congrats on the 14 pound weight loss. I'm sure with the whole family involved you will definately keep it up. Best wishes to you and hubby.

Deb

Had my follow-up appointment yesterday, everything was great just take it easy on the soft foods, don"t want a leak. Back to work today- not to tired great to be back!:biggrin0:

First off, welcome to our site, we are so glad to have you join us. I agree with the others, it was brave of you to have the surgery after watching what your hubby went through. I am glad to hear that he is doing so well now. It also sounds like you are also off to a great start. You and your husband are so lucky to have each other, you will be a great support system for each other.

COngrats! Do take it easy going back to work so soon..... but I do admire you for going thru with it after all your husbands issues - hes done fab too now!

You'll soon be posting even more weight loss so keep up the good work.