Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Permanente (So Cal)-edema

Hello

I am feeling so down at this moment. This past week have not been a good one. Here in So. Cal it has been hot and my edema flared so much that my legs and feet swelled enormously. Tomorrow I attend my weekly Options 9th (3 more to go) week class with Kaiser. But I am seriously making a decision to stop. I hate feeling that I need to give up something. Especially when this procedure is so important to me.

The thing is my weight fluctuates with this edema. I am losing 8-9lbs and then I gain 12. This is happening every week I stand on the scale. Now I do feel light and i can tell how my clothes fit, especially my shirts.

I need help.

Hello

I am feeling so down at this moment. This past week have not been a good one. Here in So. Cal it has been hot and my edema flared so much that my legs and feet swelled enormously. Tomorrow I attend my weekly Options 9th (3 more to go) week class with Kaiser. But I am seriously making a decision to stop. I hate feeling that I need to give up something. Especially when this procedure is so important to me.

The thing is my weight fluctuates with this edema. I am losing 8-9lbs and then I gain 12. This is happening every week I stand on the scale. Now I do feel light and i can tell how my clothes fit, especially my shirts.

I need help.

Please don't give up! It will be alright! I was the same way up and down during my options classes (story of my life). I never did lose the required 10%, I believe I only ended up losing 5 lbs. total...Please keep going, that is really the true requirement to getting to the next step, you must finish all your classes. I will say a prayer for you, I know you can do it:redface1:

Please don't give up! It will be alright! I was the same way up and down during my options classes (story of my life). I never did lose the required 10%, I believe I only ended up losing 5 lbs. total...Please keep going, that is really the true requirement to getting to the next step, you must finish all your classes. I will say a prayer for you, I know you can do it:redface1:

I am in the 7th week of "Options" at the Panorama City Kaiser (in the San Fernando Valley) and the heat over the recent weeks have been unbearable. I have edema in my left leg and foot, and it's a hassle for me to get to my Tuesday meetings.

I know that Bariatric surgery is the key to the beginning of a healthier future for me, so I plan to continue the process regardless of ... anything. I can't do nothing about my edema, and my scale doesn't always give me the numbers that I want to see, but in the end, it will be worth the effort.

I urge you to continue your Options classes, do the assignments, and don't worry about the 10%. A few bumps along the road are expected, but the journey is worthwhile.

Sweet and very uplifting, Thank you so much. I am sticking with it, I decided that I can no longer fight this edema without the help of a tool that can change my life. I have to do this and I can.

I went to last nights class very apprehensive and even spoke with the instructor before class. I think her hug did it for me:001_smile:. She says everything is being accounted for and not to worry.....I will have surgery. My main concern is not being able to lose and going through Pacific Bariatric one day consultation and I am denied and must lose the weight before surgery. Soooo, if I want it that bad, guess what I will fight all the way to the end.

Again thank you for your encouragement.

Please don't give up! It will be alright! I was the same way up and down during my options classes (story of my life). I never did lose thquired 10%, I believe I only ended up losing 5 lbs. total...Please keep going, that is really the true requirement to getting to the next step, you must finish all your classes. I will say a prayer for you, I know you can do it:redface1:

I forgot to mention I lost 5 pounds this past week. I actually began at 313 and have been up and down because of the edema. Currently I am at 311 and that's okay. All previous weekly logs I turn in, shows the changes in weight.

It's good to know others have or are going through the same ailment. I have three weeks and have nothing about happy thoughts. Edema or not, 10% lost or not, I'm gonna win.

I am in the 7th week of "Options" at the Panorama City Kaiser (in the San Fernando Valley) and the heat over the recent weeks have been unbearable. I have edema in my left leg and foot, and it's a hassle for me to get to my Tuesday meetings.

I know that Bariatric surgery is the key to the beginning of a healthier future for me, so I plan to continue the process regardless of ... anything. I can't do nothing about my edema, and my scale doesn't always give me the numbers that I want to see, but in the end, it will be worth the effort.

I urge you to continue your Options classes, do the assignments, and don't worry about the 10%. A few bumps along the road are expected, but the journey is worthwhile.

Dont give up..... I havent heard of many ppl that have actually reached the required 10% during the options classes especially now since they are only, what 12 weeks?? I was in the 20 week class and I think only 2 ppl reached the 10% requirement its not what they say in the classes its what the surgeon says. STICK WITH IT Go to EVERY class and do ALL your assignments and you'll do great. Congrats on the 5 lbs loss IT IS ALL WORTH IT

Thank you.

A good friend of mine since childhood, had the sleeve procedure exactly a year ago. She began at 433 and is now 278. she is about 5'9. She still has 100 to lose. I think she looks awesome. She has had fainting spells because she has gotten dehydrated. But overall she has been very helpful. And to add to your post, she said she gained a few pounds before surgery after waiting 6 months to have the surgery; as well as other members from her class.

Dont give up..... I havent heard of many ppl that have actually reached the required 10% during the options classes especially now since they are only, what 12 weeks?? I was in the 20 week class and I think only 2 ppl reached the 10% requirement its not what they say in the classes its what the surgeon says. STICK WITH IT Go to EVERY class and do ALL your assignments and you'll do great. Congrats on the 5 lbs loss IT IS ALL WORTH IT

Sharing with you all part of the msg. I rcvd from my nurse case manager for Options. It may be helpful to others.

RE: Edema

Received:

08/24/2010 9:45 AM

Hi K

At the same token, I know how discouraging it is to have edema setting you back each time. Do remember that physicians do not just take a look at the over-all weight loss; they check on you over-all, they look at the whole story. They will know what medications you are taking, what the effects of it are, what other conditions you are having, your support system, how ready you are for a life-changing surgery, etc.

Please call me anytime you need to talk. Your facilitator is also there to support you.

-

Sweet and very uplifting, Thank you so much. I am sticking with it, I decided that I can no longer fight this edema without the help of a tool that can change my life. I have to do this and I can.

I went to last nights class very apprehensive and even spoke with the instructor before class. I think her hug did it for me:001_smile:. She says everything is being accounted for and not to worry.....I will have surgery. My main concern is not being able to lose and going through Pacific Bariatric one day consultation and I am denied and must lose the weight before surgery. Soooo, if I want it that bad, guess what I will fight all the way to the end.

Again thank you for your encouragement.

Anytime:redface1: us sleeve sisters have to stick together! I know it's all going to come together for you...hugs:biggrin2:

Sharing with you all part of the msg. I rcvd from my nurse case manager for Options. It may be helpful to others.

RE: Edema

Received:

08/24/2010 9:45 AM

Hi K

At the same token, I know how discouraging it is to have edema setting you back each time. Do remember that physicians do not just take a look at the over-all weight loss; they check on you over-all, they look at the whole story. They will know what medications you are taking, what the effects of it are, what other conditions you are having, your support system, how ready you are for a life-changing surgery, etc.

Please call me anytime you need to talk. Your facilitator is also there to support you.

-

See they understand and are there to help yayyyy! Just keep going and don't give up! You got this:biggrin2:!

Yes Yes ....

Anytime:redface1: us sleeve sisters have to stick together! I know it's all going to come together for you...hugs:biggrin2: