Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband surgery on TV now

On the WE channel (Charter cable 71 in Dallas), they are profiling some people in England who are having the procedure done. The show is called Supersize Surgery. If WE is like a lot of the other channels, it may be replayed again.

Cool, I just switched over to WE and the show is on here in the Mountain time zone. Thanks for the tip!

I recorded the last 20 minutes. It said "next week on Supersize Surgeries..." so I'll be looking for it again. So far, the only one I KNOW is banded is the pretty black lady with the husband who can EAT! Man, he can eat. His food looks disgustingly yummy. I'm so glad I can't chow down like that anymore, cuz God knows, I would. LOL

I see it's coming on again at 1:30 am Eastern Time so I will check out and say what I think...

Happy Band (And Life) Journeys To All...

I saw "supersize surgery" at it's original time in England... It's more an advert for the featured hospital than enything else. (they did my op, though, and I'm not complaining).

SPOILERS AHEAD... (you have been warned)

I don't want to give the game away (although I am), but don't root for the black lady on this program, her lapband op was a bit of a failure, and at the end of the series, they re-performed her op for free.

More of a success story is the short, rotund chef who also had the operation on supersize surgery. One memorable scene is where he was stripped to the waist revealing a rather portly physique - nothing wrong with that of course, but he also sported a nipple ring(!) It is unusual for a man this size to adorn such an enhancement. Maybe I'm opening a can of worms, there.

OMGosh! I saw the nipple ring! That was very odd for me. I wondered if it was odd for our UK friends, too? He's a chef?

You know what? I forgot to go push record for the whole show at 1:30am EST! My short term memory is shot.

And you won't spoil it, pianoman, I'll watch it anyway! Hey, did all the folks featured get a lapband? Or did some get GP? Like Chef Nipple Ring...which procedure will they perform for him?

Yes, a 392lb chef with a nipple ring is as unusual in the UK as it is Stateside.

All the people featured in the program either had a lapband or failed to qualify (which was quite heartbreaking, on occasion).

I caught it about 15 minutes after it started. Made DH watch it with me... It was kind of strange to watch the band surgery knowing they did that to me!

Didn't catch the nipple ring! Hmmm I am usually more alert.

Was very interested in the woman have PS after a big weight loss. I talk about it if/when I reach goal. DH does't usually say anything. This time though he said something along the lines of when I reach goal and STAY there.... we could talk about! At least it opened the door since I would have to pay cash!

There is a site on the internet that shows the surgery and also answers questions. Go to google and type in lap band and will come up eventually.