Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pacific Bariatric - Anaheim, Ca

what can i say, a very good seminar with all info covered from a-z. i enjoyed it and received my packet to fill out and get the information mailed as soon as possible.

if anyone has any questions or comments respond here or pm me.

on top of that i lost another pound since monday.

Woohoo! Another pound! Go you! I'm still working on getting my head in the right place so I can get my 10% lost. I'm down 9 lbs, but have 18 to go...

I would have loved to go, but my Options classes are Thursday nights and the next make-up for week 6 isn't until AFTER this class is over. No, not going to miss it. I might try for the Riverside seminar next week, or do a make-up for week 11 next week and go in September. I'm thinking I'll just hoof it on over to Riverside which means I have to leave my house at like 2ish so I can avoid the heaviest traffic. I figure the sooner I can get this prelim stuff done, the better.

Did they give info on the pre-op and post-op diet plans that they use? I'm not loving the Protein shakes so much and I see people having to do 2-3 week pre-op and post op liquid diets - YUCK!

Oh, one more thing. How long did it last?

yes i am trying to deal with this 10% also. However, this is a problem I am dealing and working with. After the mtg last night, I begin to ask myself questions, so i called the nurse case manager for my options class. in answering my questions with the edema condition i have, she says don't worry about the 10% because it will show that I and my primary physician has been working with diuretics to get the Water off or to a level that I am not holding so much. she mentions that i need not worry about not having the surgery 'cause I will have it. but, everyone is different and i say with your own conditions, speak with your case manager for options and find out what you need. i know i am at a relief status now, because I was very worried about my edema and the slow weight loss.

Woohoo! Another pound! Go you! I'm still working on getting my head in the right place so I can get my 10% lost. I'm down 9 lbs, but have 18 to go...

I would have loved to go, but my Options classes are Thursday nights and the next make-up for week 6 isn't until AFTER this class is over. No, not going to miss it. I might try for the Riverside seminar next week, or do a make-up for week 11 next week and go in September. I'm thinking I'll just hoof it on over to Riverside which means I have to leave my house at like 2ish so I can avoid the heaviest traffic. I figure the sooner I can get this prelim stuff done, the better.

Did they give info on the pre-op and post-op diet plans that they use? I'm not loving the Protein shakes so much and I see people having to do 2-3 week pre-op and post op liquid diets - YUCK!

go ahead get the medical packet from them and begin filling out the questionnaire. all you have to send now is the medical questionnaire, send copies of your lab work(print from kp.org), and the written true and false questions.

my case manager says in week 10 the final labs and ekg will be ordered and also the gallbladder ultrasound will automatically be sent to Pacific Bariatric. if you already had your gallbladder removed, kaiser will send that information to PB. she says since i have been to the seminar, send everything i have for PB now and Kaiser will do the rest. she says PB will contact them letting them know I have been entered in their system and all paperwork has been rcvd. once kaiser send the final results of everything, PB will contact the patient for the one day consult which will consist of the seeing their Internest, psych and surgeon. after the consult, kaiser will be notified. kaiser will contact you and give you a referral/authorization number to call PB and set a surgery date. the only two times you go to San Diego is to have your consult and to have surgery.

at the seminar the surgeon mentioned that if you have surgery on a monday, you will have to go to san diego on friday to be prepped. so just keep that in mind if you don't want to be there the whole weekend. also there is ABSOLUTELY NO EATING for about a day and a half. you will be cleaning yourself out, lol.

no info given on pre-op or post-op. but there is a paper given at the seminar the DON'TS are smoking, NSAIDs, carbonation, fluids with meals, fresh coconut, snacking and caffeine.

AVOID FOR THE FIRST YEAR arepregnancy, alcohol, read meat, orange and apple juice, corn, raisins and gum. and the DOs are positive mindset, take responsibility, exercise, water/water, quality Protein, multi-Vitamins with minerals, Iron, B12, Calcium with magnesium & zinc, support group and follow up.

the seminar lasted 1 1/2 hours. it began at 550pm. open questions started about 645, but you don't have to stay for that; your choice. the doctor did have a open floor to those who wanted to stay longer and speak with him. i thought that was awesome.

i drink Pure Protein already made in a can. i tried buying from their website, but you can only buy at health food stores. i buy minds at trader joe's.

with that said, the surgeon will most likely give you your diet info. remember everyone is different.

ohhhhh, the doctor mentioned also that they try not to use banding too much and they prefer to use gastric bypass, but the decision is yours. the majority of the class raised their hand for the sleeve. also if there are teachers out there, get that paper work in because you are definitely first in line.

Hi BlaqBeary!

Thanks for all of the great info! I'm going to the Riverside seminar tonight, yay! After reading your post, this is all starting to feel real, you know? Depending on time, I'll try ask about the pre and post op diets. Specifically, how long you need to be on liquids. I've tried the premier shakes from costco, I like those much better than the Optifast, but they still make me queasy.

Ack, I just realized it's 12:45 and I want to take my kids to my mom's house at 2:30! I better get moving!!!

Did you go? How did it go? What did you think?

Hi BlaqBeary!

Thanks for all of the great info! I'm going to the Riverside seminar tonight, yay! After reading your post, this is all starting to feel real, you know? Depending on time, I'll try ask about the pre and post op diets. Specifically, how long you need to be on liquids. I've tried the premier shakes from costco, I like those much better than the Optifast, but they still make me queasy.

Ack, I just realized it's 12:45 and I want to take my kids to my mom's house at 2:30! I better get moving!!!

@VKGIRL

How are you doing? Did you have surgery yet?