Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY got my surgery DATE!!! =)

Hello all!

Words cannot express how happy I am to FINALLY :thumbup: get my surgery date. I'm a Kaiser so cal "gal" and those of you who are Kaiser members know how long the process is. Started my classes in Feb. Had my group session with the surgeons last sat (Aug 7) and just got my call yesterday. I'll be having my surgery done on Monday, November 1st! (with Dr. Zane). 11 more weeks to go (and coutning!).

I'm excited and nervous and anxious and I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve. I have a million thoughts goign through my mind. I think I'll be on this forum a lot more often to read about the experience in the beginning for those of you who've had the surgery already.

It really is more motivation now to get into the gym more often. I'm trying to lose as much as possible beforehand.

Happy Hump day! =)

Congrads on the date :) I also am a Kaiser So Cal member. Did you have to do the 12 week or 24 week class?

Thanks! =) I was lucky. My class was the 2nd class to get the 12 week sessions! It was cool. But when I look back. It was nice, but the wait is just as long if not longer. The classes being shorter only makes the wait time longer because the TWO surgeons just can't keep up with the demand.

Do you have your date yet? How far along are you in the process??

I just complete my 5th week Tuesday...I am going with Pacific Baratric in San Diego...I have the orientation Sept 15th last class Sept 28th...heard there wait for a date was 1-2 months.....

what would u say took long in your case? Was it Kaiser getting the paper work or waiting for the facility to get u a surgery date?

So you may have your surgery before me! lol . . . Well it's just basically the demand far exceeds what they can do. There are lots of classes going on different days of the week. And now that the classes are only 12 weeks they end sooner so there are tons of people "waiting". After the classes end the Harbor City Kaiser schedules you for a group session with the surgeon. Then 1-2 weeks later the surgeon calls with a surgery date. Finishing the classes is only 1/2 the battle. I waited over 3 months before I got to the next step.

I even tried to get referred to Pacific Bariatric in San Diego once I learned (through someone here) that Kaiser did that. But of course they denied my request. So I had to wait. But glad I finally am almost there.

Hello all!

Words cannot express how happy I am to FINALLY :thumbup: get my surgery date. I'm a Kaiser so cal "gal" and those of you who are Kaiser members know how long the process is. Started my classes in Feb. Had my group session with the surgeons last sat (Aug 7) and just got my call yesterday. I'll be having my surgery done on Monday, November 1st! (with Dr. Zane). 11 more weeks to go (and coutning!).

I'm excited and nervous and anxious and I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve. I have a million thoughts goign through my mind. I think I'll be on this forum a lot more often to read about the experience in the beginning for those of you who've had the surgery already.

It really is more motivation now to get into the gym more often. I'm trying to lose as much as possible beforehand.

Happy Hump day! =)

Yayyyyy! I know exactly how you feel! It will be here before you know it. When I attended the same seminar I was hoping I would get Dr. Zane (and I did), he seems so nice and like he really cares. Whoo hoo to YOU!!! :blush:

I know. From here I heard such good things about Dr. Zane so I was hoping I got him. You are almost there! Are you nervous?? Did you go to the support group on this past Tuesday? I missed it. But want to start going more often.

I went to one support group but didn't like it. They had a personal trainer as the speaker. I went looking for people that had already had the sleeve surgery:sad0:. I really liked the seminar where both surgeons spoke, that was awesome. Anyway, I consider this my support group. I do plan on going back to the support group as a speaker to talk about my whole sleeve experience at Kaiser and hopefully be a help to other people:redface1:.