Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a few more tests....

Hello Everyone,

I'm Kim, everyone calls me Kimmi so feel free to join that bandwagon. I am on the sleeve bandwagon and I have had multiple tests so far. I've seen the cardiologist, had the Echo Doppler and the Nuclear Stress test - all results given were good. Saw the Pulmonary Dr. - he was awesome, did the APG blood test for him because I have sleep apnea and the chest xray he required. Had my Upper GI and the abdomen ultrasound and met with GI Dr. He is going to do an Endoscopy on me on Aug 31st, I do have GERD and Gallstones so I think they just want to double check a few things out. Did one psych evaul and she denied me because I currently suffer from Panic Attacks and she thought that I was not stable to have the surgery. Oh well, have another psych eval this Sat and then on 8-20-10 I have my final meeting with the nutritionist. All of my tests have come back good which is a blessing. IT's so nice to know that things inside your body are normal. I have the support of my Mom, Dad and Husband to go through the surgery and I'm pushing forward. I've seen the progress of some of our sleeved friends and they look and feel unbelievalbe and all say that it was the best thing they have ever done. I'm 42 years old, married for 15 years. When I got married I was 127 lbs.....now I'm almost double that. I have 3 beautiful chidlren, 2 boys and 1 girl. Man oh man....these puberty years are not nice.... I have to be stronger and healthy just to be able to be on top of them. I am so anxious, I just want all my testing done and a surgery date. I dont know how long I will stay out of work, I'd like everyone to share their view on that. I dont really know the whole food process yet but I do not want to come back to work while I'm eating liquids or soft foods. I'm upset with myself that I got to be 240 lbs, but I am ready for this change to a new life so the next 42 years will be the best they will be. I am looking forward to next summer and wearing summer dresses, not being tired just walking onto the beach and having a hard time getting up off the beach chair. I have to do this because I also have medical issues - high blood pressure, the sleep apnea, my sugar is probably high so I'm sure this will help. I am so inspired by all of you who have had the surgery and are changing your life around. I can't wait to be one of the 'sleeved' . Thanks again!! Kim :)

Hello Everyone,

I'm Kim, everyone calls me Kimmi so feel free to join that bandwagon. I am on the sleeve bandwagon and I have had multiple tests so far. I've seen the cardiologist, had the Echo Doppler and the Nuclear Stress test - all results given were good. Saw the Pulmonary Dr. - he was awesome, did the APG blood test for him because I have sleep apnea and the chest xray he required. Had my Upper GI and the abdomen ultrasound and met with GI Dr. He is going to do an Endoscopy on me on Aug 31st, I do have GERD and Gallstones so I think they just want to double check a few things out. Did one psych evaul and she denied me because I currently suffer from Panic Attacks and she thought that I was not stable to have the surgery. Oh well, have another psych eval this Sat and then on 8-20-10 I have my final meeting with the nutritionist. All of my tests have come back good which is a blessing. IT's so nice to know that things inside your body are normal. I have the support of my Mom, Dad and Husband to go through the surgery and I'm pushing forward. I've seen the progress of some of our sleeved friends and they look and feel unbelievalbe and all say that it was the best thing they have ever done. I'm 42 years old, married for 15 years. When I got married I was 127 lbs.....now I'm almost double that. I have 3 beautiful chidlren, 2 boys and 1 girl. Man oh man....these puberty years are not nice.... I have to be stronger and healthy just to be able to be on top of them. I am so anxious, I just want all my testing done and a surgery date. I dont know how long I will stay out of work, I'd like everyone to share their view on that. I dont really know the whole food process yet but I do not want to come back to work while I'm eating liquids or soft foods. I'm upset with myself that I got to be 240 lbs, but I am ready for this change to a new life so the next 42 years will be the best they will be. I am looking forward to next summer and wearing summer dresses, not being tired just walking onto the beach and having a hard time getting up off the beach chair. I have to do this because I also have medical issues - high blood pressure, the sleep apnea, my sugar is probably high so I'm sure this will help. I am so inspired by all of you who have had the surgery and are changing your life around. I can't wait to be one of the 'sleeved' . Thanks again!! Kim :)

Weclome Kimmie, I've not started the pre-op testing yet I can not wait. I plan on taking 6 weeks off from work to help me get use to the new stomach and eating habits. Also, I have not told anyone at work that I'm having WLS surgery so I want return with a normal diet. (240 no one believes you should have WLS comments from work "your not big enough to have that surgery" ) Anyway Welcome and I look forwarded to reading your post updates:thumbup::thumbup:

Welcome, I too am Pre-op well kinda... I had the not so great Lap Band installed back in 2005 and I've had 5 years of hell. I am currently dealing with the powers that be at the insurance company. I have a blog on obesity help (which is another great forum of folks that many of us also belong to) that I plan on bringing on over here. I wouldn't go into great detail at work. I remember my mother-in-law's ex-box told everyone he had his Gallbladder out and suddenly he was 100lbs lighter! lol needless to say folks started to figure it out when his diet changed so drastically even after coming back. I'd just tell them you need to have a surgery performed to fix an issue you have been dealing with for a while. It's true. :)

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you will be fine on Saturday. Some Shrinks freak out over nothing for some reason. I wouldn't lie but not make them sound too bad personally, kinda vague. lol

Take care and keep us informed. There maybe lots of us but we all care deeply for one another!

Hi Yolanda,

Where are you in this long process? Have you met with the surgeon or anything yet. 6 weeks does sound like a good time to be out. I'm short so I just look totally round...haha (not funny really) Stay in touch with me, I'd love to have someone to go through this with and if I can be of any help, please feel free to let me know. I can't wait for you to start your pre-op stuff....once that gets started you feel like your actually doing something. Best of luck!!!:)

Hi Carrie,

OMG, I'm sorry you are having alot of issues with the band. I've been on the obesity help boards and I've read the stories that people have had with the band and that totally changed my mind about getting it. So you want to convert to sleeve but now you have to deal with the insurance, I mean can't they see from tests or documentations that you've had problems with the band. I hope things work out for you and thank you very much!!!