Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New diet i found

Man! I have lost 5lbs.. I fell off of the Soup train and the darn thing ran over me. :)

I will make more soup and try again next week. I have been keeping to it at work, but its been near impossible at home.

Bah on the people who say its bad and evil. I just need a kick in the pants and I dont think a week or two is gonna kill me. :mad:

What an awesome link Funny Duddy thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you do well with your band, I've heard that the Inamed band works much better than Obtech or Johnson and Johnson band. Whatever you do stay on your liquid diet that really does seem to set the pace. Again just wanted to thank you for the link.

Sunflower

Hi Funny Duddy

Glad to hear your feeling ok......

As far as this Soup thingy's concerned....I am still up 2.5 pounds from the day I started...and the only cheat I had this week was 1 cup of coffee with milk.

I am very good with this.Stubborn as I can be I refuse to believe I will be the only person on earth to not lose weight with this diet....I just had another one of my chill to the bone and aches all over nights and I defenitely drink enough water.I love Water, my dr always joke about my baby bottle I'm sucking on all the time....I buy bottles of water everyday and always have one with me....so,I dont think it is dehydration...:eek:

OK,I know I said I wouldnt weight before the 7 days are up but I also admitted to being screwed up as far as the scale's concerned....obsessed is a better word....:faint:

This is not going to spoil my day.I am enjoying the soup :hungry: as I have put some curry powder and tumeric in it with garlic....it is very delicious....I will however water it down a lot again today as it might be the new pot of soup is again to high in sodium...heck that is all I can think of.....dont know why else I could gain weight when everyone else loses....

So,I am on day 5 and will eat fish instead of meat as meat doesnt go down to well with my current fill level....I am petrified that adding the Proteins to the soup (which have quite a lot of carbs I must add) will make me gain....so here goes nothing...:paranoid

Drinking the broth of the soup is an excellent idea as fluids only can sometimes be high in calories without us realizing it.....

Good luck and may the pounds drop off everyone....:clap2:

Hi

Just to say...I stopped this diet today...I am officiallyup 2.8 pounds since I started 6 days ago and mentally I cannot deal with this....(sounds so ....silly..) I am back on low carbing....hate to be the only person to gain with this diet as I have some Soup left and I really love the soup....

So good luck.I will be watching to see results from everyone on this....

Desertmom, I am sorry this did not work for you. I am really not sure what would make you have those chills, but they sound really concerning, and I think you ought to speak with your doctor about them. That is not normal, and not a good thing. I hope all goes well for you.

Hi

Sometimes while lowcarbing I have felt like that...not dehydrated I drink a lot ... I think some days I just take in to little calories and then I react to it....those days I am sure I am losing weight but low and behold nothing...

I've had a terrible day getting back on low carbing because I miss the soup.....actually kept offering my kids Soup today...

Anyway,I suppose we all do what we have to,to lose the weight...not neccessarily what we want....

Good luck and hope your liquid phase passes quickly..

Okay, here's my plan. I have to go on Optifast for two weeks before my banding. I'm gonna do the Soup diet a week before that, so that i have a really good jump start on my weightloss before i get banded.

I made the Soup yesterday, and pureed a bit today. tasted good, but i don't like the baby food texture, so i am going to stick with the broth for a few more days till i am allowed to the tuna and egg stage. then i will attempt to take in a few of the veggies.

I made half the recipe, but it was tough. I just didn't want tit to go bad. I froze 3/4 of that in small containers. I can take them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw, then nuke and eat when i am ready. I am so happy.

Try cheddar cheese Soup.< /p>

I made some (after surgery when I was on thicker liquids) and added a little salsa to it (mild) spun it in the blender, and topped with a dollup of sour cream. Like going out for mexican... well, not really, but helped the monotony.

LOL well that isn't on the diet. But it sounds good.

BTW, I left tomatoes out of Soup. My dr. wants me to wait a few weeks before doing citrus and tomatoes because of the acidity.

If you use your imagination.....tea is almost as good as hotwings...right?

:guess :heh:

Ok!! No more hotwing talk on my Soup train. Both of you must disembark now, or focus on the soup!! LOL

I had veggie broth last night and it was heavenly. I love the taste, and have been craving it like crazy. Great for getting Vitamins too during this time.