Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Its a cheese log!

Well as some of you know I was banded in March and I think I’m doing reasonably well, until yesterday. Let me preface this tale with the fact that I had my second fill 4 weeks ago and I have had some restriction but no problems (I even ate half a Dunkin Doughnut when I was on vacation).

It seems that Fills have some sort of delay reaction and now4 weeks later I’m having things get stuck and eating much less then before. Now on with the story.

It was about 130 in the afternoon (yesterday) and I was sitting in my office having a usual lunch, 2 oz of tuna, 4 crackers an oz of cheese and 4 apple slices.

As I was finishing up my tuna, I felt a little tightness in my chest, nothing I can’t handle... I slowed down, took a few deep breaths... as I felt it pass and the pain do away I continued to eat my apples and cheese ( because this is my favorite part of lunch) and the feeling came back with a vengence to kill, I waited.. Thinking it would pass... take a deep breath held it. (A cool trick I learned here) to no avail, so I thought Ill just take a walk... I walked out of my office ( grabbing a tissue just in case) down the 3 flights of stairs, That has to help right.. Around my large office building, in the 108 Degree heat (Vegas baby Vegas) still stuck, I had a few gurgles but still stuck. So back up the 3 flights of stairs, and just as I reached the top, I know there was no turning back, and rechhhblahhh... ;) there in my tissue I had given birth to a 4 inch cheese log.. :omg: I started in horror at this slimely wet cheese mass and looked around to see if anyone was looking. Thank god no one in my office takes the stairs. I carried my newly born cheese log to the nearest bathroom and as it went swirling away I was overwhelmed with a sense of sadness and achievement, I had just had my first PB and well I’m going to need to eat less cheese.

After such an experince I went back to my office where my assistant said hey where have you been you just missed something really funny , I just looked up and said no I didn't, I didnt miss anything...

My first PB was a cheese log too. I was still on mushies, and DH - meaning to be nice - put some chunked cheddar into my cream of broccoli Soup. Of the 3 PBs I've had, that was by FAR the worst, most painful, etc.

Every time I read someone saying they went to the bathroom and spit up something, or (as in this case) walked down and up a few flights of stairs and spit up something, I get almost jealous! I don't throw up easily. It took six hours to bring up my tablespoon of scrambled eggs. I wish I could just go to the bathroom and bring up whatever got stuck. *sigh*

Vegas, did it come up easily in a single heave? Was the birth painful? Flaming golfgall feelings aside that is. Did you then stay on liquids for a few days? Did your sternum feel tender for a few days?

I've only had the one PB and I'm trying to figure out if it's going to get easier if (!) it happens again, or if I'm going to be one of the unlucky ones who eventually heaves up their band in the form of a slip.

Thanks for your story. BTW, did you name your bouncing baby log? lol

Ok so I am sitting at my desk laughing out loud as only someone who knows what you went through can do! :biggrin1: At least , compared to some of the places some people have that happen, yours was fairly private. My first ( and only so far) was at the kitchen table and my dh sat accross from me the whole time I was sliming and finally brought it up and continued eating! ( but I hadn't eatten all day and I was hungry!!! he said!) Golf balls i get a lot- my fault for wolfing and the hold your breath trick works pretty well. I will learn.....

Name .. well lets say Jack, as in Chedder Jack.. glad I could bring some laughter to your day.

It all came out in one good swoop, and well by dinner I was still not feeling like eating. but all in all I don't look forward to it again.

Vegas,

While I'm sorry for your experience, I thank you for taking the time to write it for us to read. It's experiences like this that help me to remember to take it slow and chew, chew, chew when I eat. I've had a few "hold my breath" moments but have been fortunate enough that whatever it was passed.

Thanks again.

chew chew chew, I went back to eatting chese and apples but I have learned to be very careful and moral of the story slow down.. dangerous restrictions ahead.

One of my worst PB's was on string cheese not long after I was banded (but was on solids). Ouch. I loooooove cheese so I approach it REALLY carefully now!!!