Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Booked for 8/28 with Dr Aceves

Thanks Mary! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! Today it's more excitement then nervousness.

I just want it to be done and over with and be on the losers bench LOL

I still have to go all the way to GNC, the closest one is 45 mins from my house, and get the Isopure. I'm wondering if I should pickup some kind of Protein shake stuff while I'm there???? I already ordered the unjury flavorless but I think we can eventually have regular Protein shakes right??? I suppose I could wait on those though.

I hope the Isopure isn't too nasty:blink:. For the ladies that bought it, what was the cost for it?

Krista, I suppose it's because of the lower BMI that I don't have to pre-op diet.

I'll see you Thursday morning; I'll probably chat with you on FB before that though:biggrin0:

Alish, I bought the Isopure clear drinks that are on sale at GNC, also the 3lb bucket of powder is on sale, about 1/2 price for $39 and change. I was real leary of buying that big jug, but they told me if I didn't like it I could return within 30 days. So I decided on vanilla, thinking I could add my own flavors. Directions said to mix with Water (which I was leary of also), so I tried it with the Water and there was no bitter aftertaste. I was able to drink the whole 12 oz.

But everyones taste buds are different, I liked the fact that if I didn't like it, I could return it.

Also, btw, I couldn't stand the green Isoupore (Apple/Melon), so I returned it. :)

Good Luck!

I've just signed up on VST because I'm thinking about getting a revision from a band to VSG. I find this thread so cute b/c you guys all found each other! That's so exciting that you get to meet each other and then will be able to talk about your experiences on VST! Good luck to you all!!! Very exciting!

Gracey - Yes.....5 surgeries scheduled within 2 days and we have all found eachother....small world for sure!!

Alish - I bought some Protein "shots" from Walmart - they look like they are in big test tubes and aren't too bad. I've tried some of the other drinks, but they are so strong, I feel like I need to dilute them x3 with Water to tolorate them and they are all 20oz of pure hell - even if I dilute them, it would take all day to finish one. Ick. These "shots" are about $2 each, are 3 oz - they aren't overly sweet or strong tasting. The texture is a bit strange - like melted Jello, kind of thick (which I thought would gross me out), but there are 26g of Protein and definately do-able with only 3oz each. I'm going to bring a few with me...I'll save one for you so you can try it out. These don't have that strong protein smell either, it smells more like unflavored Gelatin to me.

I bought the unjury unflavored and chocolate. I tried the unflavored in propel Water and to me, it is not enough to mask the "protein" taste/smell and makes the water look milky which grossed me out.

I think I'll stick with the "shots" for the 10 days post-op where we can have only Clear liquids. After those 10 days are over, I will be fine getting in all my protein with the Unjury chocolate powder and my yummy EAS carb advantage pre-made shakes. Mmmmmmm..... :tongue_smilie:

Gracey - I can't believe that we were all able to connect either! It is so crazy! I don't know how many procedures Dr. Aceves has scheduled on 8/27 but his office told me he had 3 VSG on 8/28 and 5 of us from those two days are on this thread. Unbelievable... I am very thankful though because it helps knowing at least a small amount about what we are in store for and who our "teammates" are going to be.

Krista - can you tell me the brand of the Protein "shots" you purchased from Walmart? I would like to try one before we go. I had moderate success with Isopure and haven't tried to unjury yet (order is on its way).

Grits,

They are "Body Fortress super whey Protein shots".

Here is the website:

Super whey Protein Shot | Body Fortress - Your Body. Your Fortress.

The website won't let you order from them, but does have a link to other places that you can buy them besides Walmart. They do have a coupon for $1 off any of their products, too!

I also tried Cyntex Protein (melon, I think) - ick. ick. ick. I don't recommend it, but everyone's tastes are different.

I love these because I can do 3oz (2.9 to be exact! LOL) of anything without too much trouble! I haven't tried the Isopure - GNC isn't "convenient" for me to get to and after all the "isopuke" comments, I'm a little nervous about trying them.

Last time I spoke with Monica at Dr. A's office - there were only 2 surgeries scheduled for 08-27 - so just Alish and I!

OK so I went and got the Isopure Alpine punch last night...OH MY GAWD (insert New England accent)!! Nasty. There is no way I will be able to drink that stuff, I honestly couldn't describe it if someone asked. Maybe dry and gritty...and viscous to boot UGH!

I was wondering about the Protein shots and if those were allowed. I'm assuming they are? I'd much rather drink something gross in 3oz then in 20oz.

Yeah Krista, I'm not too sure how I feel about the unjury unflavored in the allowed drinks yet either. I figured it was going to make it murky but haven't tried yet:001_unsure:. We have to take a trip to Walmart today anyway so I'm going to look for those Protein Shots. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

I just went over my email again and it says this: "A good source of Protein products after the clear liquid phase (you can use these with Water instead of milk starting day #5, and with milk starting day #11) can be purchased reasonably at:"

So we can have Protein shakes with Water at 5 days out? I'm so confused about the post-op diet:confused: LOL

Alish,

I have not asked Dr. A's office about the shots (that's one reason why I was going to bring a few with me), but learned of these from another sleever on OH who was in the Clear liquids phase and asked her surgeon and he thought it was a great way to get in Protein.

They are "clear-ish". I wouldn't consider them milky or a "full" liquid.< /p>

Edit:

Oh....you will find them in the Vitamin isle where the Protein shakes are

Edited by Krista2653

I just went over my email again and it says this: "A good source of Protein products after the clear liquid phase (you can use these with Water instead of milk starting day #5, and with milk starting day #11) can be purchased reasonably at:"

So we can have Protein shakes with Water at 5 days out? I'm so confused about the post-op diet:confused: LOL

That's certainly how it sounds!! That will be even better!

That's certainly how it sounds!! That will be even better!

yeah, I guess I'm going to order some of that now. Who knows how it will be with Water...

Oh yeah I wanted to ask, what is everyone bring to drink for the fligh home? My return is like 6 or 7 hours and I'll need to be drinking then. Can we bring drinks on the plane? Or do we have to have bottled Water supplied by the planes?

I remember something about not being able to bring full baby bottles on the planes so now I'm curious?

Alish, so funny about the Isopure Alpine punch, to me it tastes like kool-aid, and I will definitely be using these for my clear phase.

I am bringing individual powder packets of Crystal Light, Propel and broth. All I'll have to do is buy Water after you get thru security. And someone said you can get hot Water from a coffee vendor (for the broth)

Ditto Sleevesearch....

I have the crystal light "On the go" packets and bouillon cubes. I'll get bottles of Water at the airport and ask for hot Water on the plane for my broth.

Thanks Krista for the info on the Protein "shots". I will try to get by Wal-Mart today and get one to try. I agree with the idea that 2.9 oz is much better than 20. I have a GNC in the Wal-Mart parking lot 1.5 miles from my house and so I plan to get some Isopure while it is on sale but use the Protein Shots and unjury also. It is going to be a challenge to get in 75-80 gms of Protein and so I figure the more choices the better.

I plan on bringing the Crystal Light packets and the broth packages from inside the Ramen noodles. You are correct that you can't bring bottle Water into the airport but can purchase them once inside security.

My plan leaves at 2:10 on the 31st. Sleevesearch and shringrl - what time are your departure flights?