Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help has this happened to anyone?!

I was sleeved June 11th,2010.

The first 3-4 weeks went fine.

The day before I was going to be able to move off of liquids, I ended up getting sick. I had not had a fever though. I was dry heaving and the only thing that came up would be whatever I was drinking at the time like Water.< /span>

I have been in and out of the hospital since then. They said my sleeve looks fine is not obstructed in any way, and they aren't sure what is causing this. I will dry heave almost like I am going to throw up and all that comes out is spit or whatever I was drinking like water or crystal light. I just got discharged from hospital on thursday and the heaving has slowed down a lot. before I would have it 15+ times day, and now it's only a few. Every since morning I wake up and literally roll over and start heaving and I feel horrible.

The doctors have me on a diet where I can have foods like scrambled eggs and stuff, and I am able to keep food down but i still feel not like myself. I'm trying to get in the Protein and nutrients my body needs but I am barely able to eat still. So I am light-headed at times and feel weak and like I said just not like myself.

Did anyone ever have this issue?

I just want this to be over with and I wanna go back to feeling like myself again.

I've also lost close to 70 pounds since my surgery which I know is a really short time period to loose such a significant amount of weight.

sorry I don't have any insight for you. Maybe some other posters can help. I'm just sorry your going through this. I know you know already.... but I'd sure focus on your Protein.

Keep us posted and let us know how this progresses.

your in my thoughts

stacey

I had a similar experience. One of the most frustrating things for me was Not staying hydrated causes nausea, but with all my nausea I could not stay hydrated. I stayed on really basic foods liquids and mushies longer than most because they would sit better with me, but liquids were my main issue. I'm so sorry this has lasted so long for you. Focus hard on hydration and Protein. Best of luck!

Perhaps you're taking in too much liquid or solid food at a time and your stomach is overloaded. I mean you don't have to take in much to reach overload. Sometimes only a very small amount makes me know that if I take one more drink I will spit up instantly.

Your problem actually sounds more involved than that but it's the only thing I can think of that I have experienced that is similar.

Good luck. Hope you get it resolved soon. If you've lost 70 lbs. since April, chances are you definitely should be feeling weak. You need your Vitamins, in chewable form, and you need your Protein - 70 grams a day. Have you been keeping track of your Protein intake? Do you have a good source of easy to ingest protein? Like a Protein shake? And you should also drink a little Cranberry juice to aide your kidney function.

I know for a fact that it was not caused by overeating/drinking.

I also know that I am not getting enough Protein or anything like that. I will be having my friend go to the store for me tonight to get some things that I found will help get Protein and such into my diet.

for example this morning I had a scrambled egg. that seems to be sitting fine with me.

I am having less heaving, the doctors said they wanted to wait before putting me on Vitamins, but i am considering like a flinstone Multi-Vitamin chewable or something cause I am always dizzy and light-headed.

Also they told me to keep my meals "dry". as in I have to wait 30 mins after each meal before I can have anything to drink.

I am going to have my friend buy be stuff with high protein, and i have heard cranberry juice should also be good for me but i wasnt sure.

im also pissed off because the doctors are NOT calling me back and I keep leaving messages.

I apologize... I just noticed that your surgery was in June. Sorry!

You might not be eating enough to keep your system happy. They insisted that I have Centrum chewable Vitamins every day plus a Calcium with Vitamin D with two meals. The Centrum and Calcium cannot be taken at the same time so I take the Centrum in the morning. I drink some Water then chew it up and then a little more Water and then Breakfast. It has worked so well. I feel so much better and healthier than I did before the sleeve. I take the chewable calcium with Vitamin D with lunch and dinner. If I miss the Calcium + D, my stomach gets seriously unhappy. I asked the dietician about that and she said that the Calcium + Vitamin D actually help with absorbtion of nurients. I also take a Vitamin B-12 sublingual (under your tongue) once a day which makes me feel great. I also added a L-Lysine tablet once a day, last week because I spent too much time in the sun and got a fever blister (herpes) on my nose. It's cleared that up quite nicely.

I used to hardly ever take Vitamins and didn't think I needed them. But I get plenty of Protein, take these things I listed and I haven't lost my hair or had any other issues since surgery. I feel better than I have for many, many years. I have followed his orders and it's been great. I haven't had to take those PPI's or acid reducers at all except for a few they gave me in the hospital. A couple of nights I felt a little burn and the doc told me to take a tsp of Mylanta. It worked like a charm and haven't had to take it since. And I used to have acid reflux with the band. So I can't tell you how happy I am and how great this surgery has been for me.

I hope you get it resolved soon because I want everyone to enjoy the kind of success that I have.

Hi there, I started having the same problem at about 2 weeks out. I spent about 4 days in the hospital then came home feeling great. Spent several days feeling so good, I got an ok from my dr to go back to work (I work from home so it wasn't that big a deal). My second day of work (which was a few days shy of 2 weeks post op) I started with the dry heaves which was often paired with simultaneous explosive diarrhea (lovely hmm?)

I noticed that drinking brought it on and really started struggling with how to get fluids down without making myself sick. No matter how slowly I drank, at some point, I would start feeling nauseas and then I'd be overwhelmed by the simultaneous diarrhea and heaves. Ultimately, I ended up back in the hospital severely dehydrated and seriously scary low blood pressure (75/45)...I couldn't stand without almost passing out.

They put me in the hospital and gave me fluids. I think I had about 4 bags before I peed for the first time. The doctor's still weren't sure what was causing the nausea and vomiting, but they stopped ALL my blood pressure meds and told me to take it easy.

I found when I got home that mushie foods were fine on my stomach and almost seemed to calm it down, but liquids still upset it so I asked the doctor for Zofran (I was taking phenergan, but it wasn't helping at all). I started taking the zofran and haven't had a problem since.

The last few days, I've tried to take less zofran and have had a recurrence of the nausea and diarrhea so it must be helping. Talk to your doc about putting you on an anti-nausea med if you aren't already on one and see if that helps.

One last side note...I started taking benefiber a few days after getting home. I was adding 2 tblsp to my drinks three times a day. Coincidentally, that is also when my symptoms started getting worse. When they put me back in the hospital, I didn't get it there and I didn't start back up when I got home. On saturday, I decided to add it to the gatoraid I was drinking and within 30 minutes, I was nauseas. I never had heaves, but I did have the same weird diarrhea. I only had about 4 oz. of the gatoraid with benefiber so I stopped drinking it and everything resolved and for the most part...I've been ok. Could be a coincidence, but for now, I'm laying off the benefiber :S