Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Sherry, I finally called June who referred me to an attending doctor who wanted to see me right away. I went into Boston this morning and she removed half of the fills that I had in there. I had 2 1/2 cc's in there and she removed a lot of it. This should help. They will check me just before I go to Florida. Or sooner if I am still having a problem. That should do it but I am on liquids for now and can't tell yet. I am glad that I

decided to call.

Nanavivian

Nana it certainly seems like you had an aweful lot of a fill in there. How many fills have you had and when was your last one? I only have about 1.40 in mine because I had so much trouble with Acid reflux when I was up to 2.00.

hi guys!

count me in on the feb 23 gathering at your house sherry!!! woohoo! i can't believe it's been so long since we last met or went to the reunion. things are going well here but it is SOO hard to watch the scale go UP!!!! i know it;s all for healthy baby but after over a year of losing it's scary and unnerving. i will admit now that i have been unfilled i eat a bit more than i should but i am trying to be good. quite frankly, i want my band filled as soon as i can after baby comes.

dez

Hi Sherry, I have only had two fills. 1cc in May and 1 1/2 cc's in July. But ever since the July one I have felt like I couldn't eat solid food. I had been grinding meat, and still sometimes had trouble with that. Much of anything else was coming up. So I was mostly on

liquids and healthy Soups. But even that was giving me heartburn. I felt it had gotten worse with the hip surgery so I was afraid something was disturbed during that surgery. But the doctor I saw on Friday thought I would have been vomiting even liquids if it had been disturbed or slipped. I cannot tell yet because I am on liquids only, but I at least have had no indigestion and feel more comfortable. I will know better when I start real food. And, by the way, I am glad about the response you are getting for the get together. I really hope I can make it. I am getting ready to go to Florida. Do you want us to bring lapband friendly food? Talk to you again. Hi to everyone.

Nanavivian

Highest Weight 216

Weight at time of Surgery 207

Weight at BIDMC on FRI 155 (Sure wish I knew how to do a Scale):thumbdown::thumbup:

Wow that was a pretty aggressive 2nd fill then huh? I know when I started with the acid reflux I let it go for about 5-6 months and then I was at wits end. I wasn't able to sleep without waking up feeling like I was literally drowning. So much would come up at me. It finally got to the point where just as I was starting to fall asleep and get relaxed..that relaxation allowed the acid to flow so I was always afraid to sleep. Many a night I ended up sleeping in the recliner just so I'd be sitting up and have a fighting chance at sleeping without drowning. That 1/2 unfill did wonders for me brain but, obviously I gained some weight back. I was actually not losing weight being overfilled because I couldn't eat enough so for the past year....I basically stayed the same....no gain no loss. That's good and bad ya know. Anyway....It took getting a fill again...a day later a slight unfill and it was perfect. I could probably use another fill to stop me from eating as much BUT.....I still get an acidy tummy sometimes especially around 4pm so I can't do another fill...I just know my body and know it couldn't handle it soooo I have to fight the hunger. Not always easy!

Anyway...it does seem like we're getting a nice interest in the get together. i sure do hope you can make it :thumbdown:

Hello everyone,

I had a fill on Friday and the Water is staying down, well im not drinking much but I dont feel like it, and also I feel a little strange near my chest area after, I cant decribe it, Im going to give it another day and may have to call the Dr., I was taking pills b-4 for some kind of reflux, and I stopped, wondering if I should still be taking them, I will have to ask when I call into her.

Mona be careful with your fill. If you're unable to drink Water without havnig a golfball in your chest then sip it slower but, make sure it gets down. I suffered with reflux so if you've suffered with it before you may find with a fill it will come back. I've had to go back for a slight unfill after the fill a few times. I found this last time, my doctor only taking out just a slight amount did the trick. Good luck.

I have a little cup beside me and im going very slow, she had made a comment when she was filling me that i still didnt feel to tight, so I think it is because of the refux thing, I think i better get back on the pills, she probably thinks im still on them, im afarid if i go to unfill she wll take it all out. When you get fills when do you start mushie food?

Hi Mona Patti, I just got an unfill on Friday and they gave me a pamphlet that applies for a fill and for an unfill. It says liquids for three days, then

mushies for three days, they try solid foods. I don't know if it is different

with different doctors. Didn't your doctor give you a schedule of what to do?

Good luck. Keep an eye on the reflux and or spitting up. I have to watch

overeating now, Sherry, when I go to solid foods.

Nanavivian:confused_smile:

Yeah Dez!! I'm glad you can make it! I hope Deb (rainbow) and Nana can make it too! Aaamom is going to come, and hopefully we can get a few others too! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and getting some extra tips/motivation to get this scale moving again. I've been plateaued for months!

Nana...just eat slow, chew well and you'll know when you're full. You don't have to have 2.50 to feel the fullness. Believe me! You're going to feel so much better now that you can actually eat something instead of just liquids/soups and soft stuff. You can do it!

nana - i agree with sherry, eat slowly, chew VERY well, that was part of my prob when i couldn;t keep anything down and don't be tempted to take that last bite. it;s usually the one that sends you over the edge and to the toilet.

i can't wait to see everyone one next weekend!

dez

I'm looking forward to next weekend as well. I hope the weather holds out for us all so we can finally meet and get some support from one another face to face. It should be alot of fun and helpful for everyone. If we end up with enough people that would like to meet each month, maybe we can pick topics for discussion and/or get some speakers? That might be fun :wink_smile: I'm really hoping this kicks off to something bigger for all of us! Hugs!

Hello Everyone! Just putting up a reminder for the SouthShore folks that we're putting together a gathering at my place in Taunton, MA on Saturday, February 23rd at 1pm. Some have PMd me for the address already and we're looking forward to meeting you! If you'd like to attend please PM me for the address. No need to bring anything with you, we'll supply the Water, coffee, tea, and cocoa. We're hoping we can get a local self support group going and perhaps discuss different topics each week. Just seeing if we can help each other out a bit and at the same time put faces to the screen names we chat with here :)

Hope you can make it!

I havnt decied about this last fill i got, it seems that i have trouble eating in the am and afternoon, night time seems to be ok, Water goes down fine, its just sometimes i need to go see my friend the toilet with some solids still, it seemd when i get fills i need to stay on liquids and mushie longer, i go on the 7th, maybe i need an unfill??