Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi guys! i'm sitting here watching the pats hoping they dont lose but it's early yet/ sherry, did i miss your open house? i think it was this weekend. this pregnacy stupid thing is getting old. i'm sorry if i missed it and missed a chance to see at least you and chris!!!

dez

Hi All,

I'm just starting the whole process of applying for the lap band at BIDMC. I was wondering if people could give me feedback on their experience, both good and bad (if applicable). Also, which doctor did you use? I'm not sure which doctor I would like to request.

Thanks!

see my intro just sent to the forum -- it tells a bit of my experiences there recently. Both Dr. Jones and Dr. Schneider have been recommended highly to me by other physicians.

Hi Weedwoman....that post by Chrispy is over a year old. She actually had Dr. Jones and surgery was Oct 2006. I also had Dr. Jones my surgery was 2/06.

Have you had the surgery yet?

Hi Weedwoman....that post by Chrispy is over a year old. She actually had Dr. Jones and surgery was Oct 2006. I also had Dr. Jones my surgery was 2/06.

Have you had the surgery yet?

Hi SherryW -- thanks for the welcome. I'm still in process, but did get an okay today about any heart issues. They are just being hypercautious. I'm hoping for a January date, probably with Dr. Schneider. Still trying to wrap my mind around the reality of longterm life with a band. I've read Dr. Jone's book, and lots of other stuff. Still hard to imagine such a change in eating patterns.

You're welcome. Dr. Schneider is very nice, I've spoken to him a few times. Believe me when I say...the "change in eating patterns" actually ends up feeling quite normal when you're farther along after surgery. You get used to it and actually...you'll find yourself thinking back..."What the heck was I doing to myself?" I know it's that way for me...don't get me wrong, occassionally you still wish you could eat certain things that you can't now but, it keeps me out of trouble! :rolleyes:

hi all! i was banded 7/06 by dr. jones and i love him! dr. schneider is also very nice. i have a question..i had a de-fill today because baby is making eating VERY difficult. i couldn;t even get down milk or Water the last 2 days. i remember someone (june maybe) telling me the post-fill diet isn't needed when unfilled but the intern told me to go back to liquids - mushies - food. i am curious because most Protein supplements have sugar substitutes, which i cannot have, and i don't know how to get in enough nutrition for baby. can i go back to mushies or reg food or not? anyone know?

thanks - dez

Hey Dez...you're better off calling June when you get a chance. Honestly since your pregnant I would go with how you feel. YOU know best. You're far enough along band wise to not have to worry about the healing part which is the BIGGEST reason for the stages. You can always try mushies and see how you do. If they go down no problem then your stomach probably didn't swell from the unfill. Not likely that it would really unless Jones pushed and pulled the fill before taking it out. If he did then just go slow. You're going to know right away if you can't at least take in the mushies. Did you get a slight unfill or a complete unfill? That's another issue too. A slight unfill...when I got mine...I didn't have to do the liquid stage myself. I've had two unfills and I was fine with both, no swelling. Anyway....try mushies then move to solids remembering to chew really well.

OK, I'm just trying this out for the first time. Not quite sure yet how it works. I'm impressed that I have apparently joined the right club, I also think that BIDMC is great. Dr. Jones will be drilling a few holes in my belly in February and it's nice to hear that everyone has had good experiences with him.

Any guys around here?

Ted

I'll go see if I can find the Men's Room, but have always been wary of the guys who hang around in there.

Welcome Ted! Sounds like you're on your way to bandland. BIDMC is great and I've been very happy with the care there. I had Dr. Jone as well. There are times during your aftercare exams that you wish you had more time with Jones but, if you speak up and ask the questions you'll get them answered. They've been great answering my questions that I've emailed in too. I wish you the best with your journey.

Thank you, Sherry. I'm researching this like crazy, and preparing myself for a pre-surgery dieting blitz. We'll see how it goes. Pre-surgery appointment is January 28. Surgery February 12. I plan to be skiing this time next year.

You're welcome Ted. I had my surgery on Feb 13th 2006. Best thing I ever did for myself. Good luck with everything! Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help where I can.

Thats a good rule to live by....watch out for the wide stance!

I'll go see if I can find the Men's Room, but have always been wary of the guys who hang around in there.