Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awww Sherry, you know I love ya girl! Like I've said before, we got the band to make ourselves healthier, and so getting you healthy is step #1. We'll fix this problem and then re-focus on losing weight. I'll start nagging you to exercise to offset any increased calories from an unfill. haha! Seriously, I just want you to get better soon. :)

hi guys! sherry hang in there girl! i went through the same thing 5 lbs btwn dec and may and it sucked! i got a fill and changed my eating habits. i eat really slowly and eat smaller meals and try not to eat late. i even started wearing teeth whitening strips at 9:30pm, my break down time!! it helped. i have been on a reg sugar and caffeine and alcohol free diet since ivf and have gained back about 5 lbs btwn that and hormones. i never realized how much i had changed my diet since sx until i couldn't eat anything sugar free or sugar substitute!!! we do this for us and it isn't easy but you are doing great!!! we all are, we just do it on our own time and in our own way! believe me at the reunion, there was a girl who had her sx the week before me and was down 110lbs, i wanted to punch her smack in the face! ha, ha!

deb - congrats on the quitting smoking! my dh smokes and he is thinking about the rx too! if you need to gnosh eat celery or air popped popcorn! you burn more calories chewing than what goes in. you can do it! enjy the camp, i'm jealous!!!!

hey chrispy! miss you! so when is our get together? i think our last one was in dec or jan unless i missed one!!! when and where? i can;t do next weekend or sat the 21st, bachelorette party! most of aug works well for me!

good luck on the upsoming sx's! i didn;t have a specific preop diet but 10 lbs was recommended. try to elimiate soda and straws now, it makes it easier later! i haven't had a pop since last may, except for a few sips here and there. no beer either! that part sucks BIG TIME! if you are a beer drinker, i was.

i will also say that getting to the gym pre op helps as well and start lifting weights, muscle builds more calories than fat!

dez

Soda is my downfall.... ;)

I guess I'll just give it up now...*SIGH*.... :faint:

No seriously....I will do it, it's rotten for your stomach anyway.

Hi Folks,

Just got back from my visit at BIDMC - saw Michelle, June and Dr. Jones today. I can't say enough about Michelle...she really helped me because I was losing it yesterday. I called her up to let her know I REALLY needed Dr. Jones to take the time with me at my visit because I'm at wits end with this reflux and worrying if everything is ok. She made sure to tell him he needed to spend that time with me and he did. Michelle came out to see me as soon as I got there and gave me a big hug. I couldn't thank her enough for just listening yesterday and helping me with this visit. Jones was late so I ended up with June first. She was so supportive and helpful. She looked at my sparkpeople's page and food journal and told me it looks like I'm eating right. She too was concerned with the reflux and agrees that has to get under control first before I can work harder on my diet part. I haven't been able to eat fruit or salad for quite a while and being too tight may have something to do with it. I told her about my fiasco I had trying to call someone on the Platnium/Purple team on Saturday and how I never got a call back from the doc on call that day and she came into my visit with Jones to make sure he knew. Just an FYI - they are updating the BIDMC website to let folks know to ask for the "Bariatric Fellow" the next time we call. I explained that I did what the website told us to do and Jones told the new fellow, Shawn, that they need to update the website. Shawn didn't say much, I think it's his first week there because I heard him introducing himself to the staff but, he seemed nice. Anyway, Dr. Jones listened to the things I've been going through and decided I needed to have an unfill. He drew out approximately 1.25cc and put back half of it. I'm still confused about all the fills I've had and why only 1.25 was in there but, it's not a specific science and very hard to get it exact so I'm going with the 1.25 he said he was able to draw. I was able to total drink down the cup of Water and finally not feel it backing up. He said he's leaving it there and if I want a fill in shorter than 6 months he won't give it to me. GULP! I'm sooooo scared I'm going to gain weight back..this is going to be tough but, I'm so tired of not sleeping through the night and feeling like I'm drowning when the acid comes back up in my sleep that I need to take this time for my mind and body. I'm going to have to work even harder to keep the weight off I think but, what will be will be and I'll get through it. My friend Chrispy is there to listen to my rants hahaha (right Chris!) June is going to call me in a few weeks to see how I'm doing...she was really concerned cause I kinda lost it in her office today ;) I'm over tired. Well....hopefully this helps me tonight.

I wanted to make sure to put this out there in case anyone else suffers from Acid Reflux. We can all learn from each other!

Deb - You got one heck of a daughter-in-law. She truly was wonderful helping me out this week. I told her I hope we get to meet next time you're around.

When is our next get together? Anyone game for a pot luck cookout? I have a pool, double deck, basketball court, volleyball set...we'll get our exercise and we can help each other. What do you think?

hi folks,

sorry been busy running back and forth to new hamp. on days off and work takes time away from life also (ha ha)

sherry, michelle called me, she couldn't talk long she was picking up the kids, but i got your message. Yes we will get to meet soon. I am on relief now and working days unless i m to fill in for vacation. then in end of aug back on shift.

i would like to offer the camp also for a get together its in windham, new hamp. you would get off exit 3 on 93 and only 2 miles from exit. its a small place, nothing fancy. there's a small beach that is private that we can walk to. and jet ski ride for anyone who dares get on with me(ha ha)

anyway I'm up for a get together, and I can stay at jim's and michelle's anytime of course and i love seeing the kids

sooooooooooo lets get off our butts and put something together

here's my weekends look like

july 20th- yes, but camp is being used by friends would need to meet someplace

july 28- good , no vacation scheduled as of now that i need to work for

aug 4 - ? to soon to tell

aug 11- ? a very good chance, hope to be heading that way for new hamp.

aug 18-baby sitting in new hamp with kids, great time for a camp get together ( my vacation time fom work)

aug 25 -working

sept 1- good but have to work monday labor day weekend

sept 6- good

sept 13 working

sept 20 working

ok new about me

i have not smoked in 4 weeks i will give it 2 more months and the get back into getting making a appt with dr J . I still can not eat many things

anh by then it will be over a yr since the surgery. I still have not had a fill and for me it feels like i am so tight, so many things i can not eat.

i just reached my 5 year with the breast cancer and mamogram was good, still get treatment ever 6 weeks for the bones.

so let me know what you guys fell is a good time to get tohether and where would be easy

deb

cpngrats deb on the smoking and being clean for 5 years!!!! i am soo proud of you.

sherry - hang in there! dr. j will help you figure this out it WILL get better. hugs to you!

in terms of the dates deb gave i can do aug 4, 18 and on i think. before that my mom isin town, i have a bachelorette party, calories galore!!!! and a wedding. i can drink again, no baby yet. not happy about the baby, very happy about martinis!!!:) ha, ha!

how is everyone else doing? chris? nana? nurse?

dez

Quinn,

Metalbands post reminded me..your surgery is scheduled for 7/30...best of luck!

Margie

good luck quinn!

i may be at the aug 1st mtg. does anyone know the topic? if the psycho is doing it forget it!!!!

dez

Psycho hahahahaha Love it!

I'd like to go to the Augus 1st meeting but not sure I can swing it. Hey when are we getting together?

hi folks getting ready to head for the camp. wanted to pop in .

i saw Dr Jones wed., michelle got me an appt.

well bottom line is my band may have slipped. my head is so messed up right now. i have to make an appt for sip test. i am thinking if this is true, i've been like this since oct. i have never had a fill and it is hard for me to eat many things.

more later

deb

Hey Deb, Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've a run lately myself with the acid reflux. I wish Jones would of done a sip test on me and I might ask for one in Oct when I see him. I don't have the reflux anymore but, now there are times I can eat way too much and other times where I'm getting sick after a little bit. Just too odd and hard to nail down because it's constantly changing. When will you be having the sip test? Hope you enjoy your camping :lol:

Oh Deb I'm so sorry to hear you may be slipped! I hope that's not the case, and how scary to think that you may have been that way for that long. Let us know how the test goes. I'll be thinking of you. :lol:

I say let's just pick a date and then go from there. I am open in August except for Sundays. Those are tough days for me. I would love to see everyone again. It's great to talk to people who understand the same struggles.

Hi everyone, Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Computer has been down. Just got it fixed. I am doing well. Just got a fill from Dr. Jones last Wed. He said I am doing well. Wish it was a little faster. I have been checking on your possible get together. If it works out I would like to come. I am sorry for the problems I read about, Sherry W I hope the acid reflux problem resolves and dezadoo, the fertility thing - Good luck - and rainbow congrats on both the smoking and the good mamogram - that is wonderful, but I am so sorry if your band has slipped. Keep us informed. dezadoo, I mentioned that my son and daughter-in-law were also doing the fertility thing. Well, it has been put on hold. They got a call from an adoption agency they have worked with who has a little boy that is good for them!!!! It would be great if this could work out but that has up and down sides too. We'll see.:lol: I have a question, How long does

the losing hair thing last? And, it DOES grow back, right? :phanvan June gave me a Vitamin which I started taking. I just passed the fourth month. Good to read about everybody. Nana

Date of Surgery - March 6, 2007, Beth Israel

Highest Weight Ever - 213

Weight at time of Surgery - 207

Current Weight - 168