Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! I'm getting mine done in July by Dr. Schneider. So excited!!! Congrats on your weight loss.

hi all! i can't do this weekend but i should be ok for the rest of june so lets do this!!

i haven't been on cuz i haven't been able to log on. i have missed you guys! welcome metalhead and quinn. my doc is dr. jones and he is wonderful! i have 10 days of school left and i may die before then..too much paperwork, kids are nuts! parents are worse! pray for me ..or send me vodka! i have finally gotten out of my plateau!! woohoo!!! i am down 11 lbs since my last fill and no more pb'ing. i eat REALLY slow and stop and come back. lunch usu takes me at least 45 min. nana try to slow down that was it for me, i was throwing up 3-5x's/week and now i have pb'd 2 x's in 2 mos. good luck!

i am starting fertility soon thanks to all my docs so keep your fingers crossed for me.

hugs to all!

dez

Hi dezadoo, Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the advice. I timed myself tonight. I took half an hour to have a little ground roast beef with gravy and a salad. I am really trying to slow down. I think you are right because I can eat the same thing one time that won't go down another time. :):rolleyes: I wish you luck with the fertility thing. My son and daughter-in-law are going through that right now. It is a roller coaster but we are hopeful.

I have another question to all . Do you all still have to crush your pills? This is a tough part of the plan. I take a lot so I taste them even though I mix them with soft food. For the most part I am doing really well. But

the pb'ing has me leary about eating out. I'll try really, really slowing down.

Nana

Banded March 6, 2007

Highest Weight - 216

Weight Time of Surgery - 207

Present Weight - 178 (Seem to be Stuck there)

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I stumbled upon it accidentally doing research for lap-band surgery. I have been to the BIDMC once and met with a nutritionist. I forwarded in my application. I'm waiting for the nurse to call me to see if I qualify. I think I will. My BMI is 40.3 and I have already checked with my insurance company. They will cover the surgery (I meet all of their criteria too). I am originally from MA but live in southern NH (can't afford MA!) I work in MA. I am excited about this journey. I am 5'10" and I weigh 282 pounds. My goal is to get under 200. Unfortunately, I am doing a lot of travelling for work until 8/1. Ideally I'd like to have the surgery in October. I have learned a lot from reading this post, especially what a PB was :biggrin1:.

I hope to learn more.

Thanks!

Marjorie

Welcome Marjorie! I hope you get approved! Who did you meet with? June or Kelly? They are really great. I think I started the process this time last year and I got banded on 10/2 so I think you're right on track for October. My advice - take 2 weeks. Better to be safe. Good luck - keep us updated! :)

Chrispy,

Thanks for the advice. I do plan on taking two weeks off after the surgery. I"m not sure which dietician I met with, she had shoulder length brown/black hair and was very nice. I'm looking forward to talking to the nurse and meeting with the doctor.

Margie

Hello. Right now I am waiting for the BIDMC nurse to call me back. I know that they got my application....How long does this process take?

Thanks,

Marjorie

Depends on when you sent the application in. I think they called me to go over the application within a week of receiving it.

About a week for me as well. Good luck! :rolleyes:

Hey guys! I just got back from my second information session. I meet next thursday with Dr. Schneider. I can't wait!!!!!! :rolleyes: July cannot come soon enough. Hope all of you are well. :)

Quinn

Quinn,

I was at the BIDMC info session last night too. The doctor from the army presented, I can't remember his name.

It was my second info session, I'm just waiting for the nurse to call me. It will probably be next week. I'm travelling for business next Mon-Thur, so I hope I can take the call if they call when I'm in a meeting! I'll just excuse myself and take the call.

Are you by any chance the girl that I gave the parking receipt too?

Well - I'm excited that I got the two information sessions under my belt. When do you get weighed??? I am hesitant to start any type of "diet" until someone at BIDMC weighs me....My BMI is right around 40-41 and if it should fall under 40 my insurance company won't pay for the surgery....(SAD I KNOW).

Thanks!

Margie

Quinn,

I was at the BIDMC info session last night too. The doctor from the army presented, I can't remember his name.

It was my second info session, I'm just waiting for the nurse to call me. It will probably be next week. I'm travelling for business next Mon-Thur, so I hope I can take the call if they call when I'm in a meeting! I'll just excuse myself and take the call.

Are you by any chance the girl that I gave the parking receipt too?

Well - I'm excited that I got the two information sessions under my belt. When do you get weighed??? I am hesitant to start any type of "diet" until someone at BIDMC weighs me....My BMI is right around 40-41 and if it should fall under 40 my insurance company won't pay for the surgery....(SAD I KNOW).

Thanks!

Margie

Hey Margie! Did we chat by the parking receipt machine?? I had short hair and was with my mom. I thought the doctor that spoke at the info session was ridiculously awesome. I was sad to hear he was leaving the program because his fellowship was ending ;) You get weighed on your first appointment. Every appointment after they like to weigh you to keep check on your weight and progress before the surgery. I'm meeting the surgeon on Thursday and will keep you posted. I hope you get the call!!! Michelle Sheppard is the nurse that contacted me and she has been fantastic. She's been approachable, informative, and so helpful.

Quinn

The Army Dr's name is Scott but I am not sure of his last name. He assisted in my surgery. He came to my room the next day and was at my first post op appt. He is very cool! He is going back to Iraq, he said that is just part of the vacation package he signed up for!! He has been to Iraq twice and Afaganistan once. He said he worked on the good the bad and the ugly while he was there. I hope he makes it back safe!!! What a nice guy!

Scott! Thats right!! He's awesome. I wish him nothing but the best. I was able to talk to him after the meeting and thank him. I'm so excited for my surgery. I can'r wait.

Quinn

Quinn,

I brought my mom with me too. She wasn't 100% on board with my choice of lap-band. After meeting with the dietician and going to the seminar, she's good with it. I would have done it anyway, but I'm glad she's on board. She's the only family member that I've told. Only a few friends know. I will tell the rest of my family once I get a surgery date.

I'm not sure if I talked to you at the parking machine...maybe I'll see you at one of the post surgical follow up seminars.

Keep me updated on your progress, I'd like to know how things are going for you. I'm still waiting for the call...I'm sure it will be soon.

Margie ;)