Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

Sherry, I emailed you back but haven't heard from you. Did you get it? I'm not sure with this site...

As far as getting together, I'm totally game. I've been stressed lately and haven't been hitting the gym. I'm at 6.5cc's in a 10cc band though, and I'm definitely restricted, however I"m drinking too much. I think I'm going to go back to my Spartan lifestyle. It seems to work better for me.

On the good side, I'm rapidly getting too small for my clothes. My work pants, for example, are size 48 waist, and I used to wear them under my belly. Now, I wear them over my belly, and they're far too loose there. Nice.

Hope all you guys are well, talk to you soon.

John

Hello fellow Mass Bandstahs,

I am going in for surgery with Dr. Schneider tomorrow at 10:30. I am so anxious I could scream!!! It is so great to read all of your posts. It confirms that I am making the right decision. It is so easy to overindulge now. I have been drinking the Protein Shakes for 1 or 2 meals a day and have lost 10 lbs since I have started, I wish it was more but at least the scale is moving in the right direction!!!!

Thanks for listening and wish me luck!!!! Tomorrow I will be in bandland!

Maureen

Hey John if it was me you sent email to nope I didn't receive it. You can send private messages here but, I'll pm you my home email just in case. It's tough because they're making so many changes to this website that I think things are getting lost. When you say you're drinking too much..what is it that you're drinking? I can't seem to get enough liquid in. I had a fill last month that was a fiasco...ended up being so tight I couldn't swallow my own saliva by the next day. So I had to go back in the day after the fill for an unfill. Kinda feel as if I now have less of a fill than when I went in in the first place. So FRUSTRATING! Unfortunately, for me...and "that" time of the month my band gets exceptionally finicky so I get truly restricted. I end up feeling like I have a bubble in there all the time and that's just totally distracting. I can't tell if I need to eat or if I need to burp or worse. That goes on for about 3 days or so. Anyway, I feel your stress.....lots been going on here too besides my band. Stress doesn't help the band either UGH.

Eh...one day at a time is the best we can do :)

Hi all, I am back from Texas and glad to be on Lapband. Just before I left, Dr. Jones gave me just a small fill, about 1/2 cc so I wouldn't be un-

comfortable while away and my weight loss was going good. But I have

been having trouble keeping things down. Sometimes the same thing I ate yesterday, won't stay down today. Too dry?? Eating too fast?? Eating too much?? I can't decide. It happens about 3 times a week. Too often for me. What do you think? Then, when I got back, I had to go to an orthopedic doctor for my hip. He THINKS he saw an artery closing, so I had to go for an MRI, which will show if he is right. If he is right, it will mean a hip replacement and he said not to overdo the walking. Everything is harder but I am still thrilled with the weight loss!! And looking forward to more. I will also consider a get together. Talk to you when I know more. Nana

OK - let's pick a date and have a get-together!!!!! The weather is nice, let's have a little bbq or something? We can all bring a band-friendly dish. lol. I have every Saturday open except the 16th. Anyone game???

Hey guys! My name is Quinn and I'm getting my lapband surgery in July. I'm so excited. Everyone at BIDMC has been fantastic and I look forward to taking to you all!

Welcome Quinn and congratulations on your band date. Hop right on in and join the conversation. We've been a bit quiet lately but, don't let that discourage ya. If you have any questions, concerns or just wanna chat feel free :)

Congrats on your upcoming surgery Quinn!! Glad you found us. ;)

Thanks guys!!! I'm really excited about the surgery. Its comforting to know I have this forum to connect with others who I can ask questions or share their experiences with me. I will definately keep everyone informed of my progress and I know I'll have questions along the way. Talk to you guys soon!!

Quinn

Also - - I have a question - - who was your surgeon? (if you feel comfortable saying...) Everyone at BIDMC has been amazing and I've been so impressed.

Dr Jones for me. By the way, I'm going in tomorrow for 2pm. If anyone is there, look for me and say hi. ;)

Hi, Dr. Jones for me too. I was banded on March 6th and doing great.

Welcome to the forum.

Nanavivian

Highest Weight - 216

Weight time of Surgery - 207

Current Weight - 178

Hello Everyone!

I would love to join you all on your get together if its allright. I have really wanted to meet other people in my situation. I was banded with Dr. Jones also. Weight loss is slow but steady ....I have lost 30 pounds since Feb. I am looking forward to meeting you all, Nicole