Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone....sorry I've been missing in action. Been reading and keepinup with ya but just haven't posted. Well....today I've come to the realization that I may need a slight unfill. I've been up since 4am...I woke myself up coughing and the reason I was coughing was stomach acid in my throat. It was very uncomfortable and burned my throat. I couldn't get rid of it. I already sleep on my left and elevated but it came anyway. This is the 3rd time this week. TOM is due around the corner so I am retaining Fluid and it does cause my band to be tighter but, this is crazy. I woke up so scared and so nervous that this just isn't healthy and I'm going to screw up my body. I'm going to call the center on Monday. I was going to call the hospital today but honestly they'll just tell me to sit up and sleep in a recliner until the docs are in on MOnday so I'm just going to do it. Unless I wake up again tonight...then I'm calling tomorrow to see if someone in there can help me. Pepcid seemed to help a bit today. I might take one of those before I go to bed too just for safey measure. Man...I'm so afraid to get an unfill...I've been stuck at this weight for so long. 203, down to 201, back up to 204 then finally this past Monday I was 200. Well yesterday I was back at 203. SO FRUSTRATING! So get an unfill all I can think about is I'm going to eat too much and gain more back. UGH.

Awww Sherry, so sorry to hear about the reflux problems. They have been bothering you for a long time, so I think you're right to get a slight unfill. I know you're worried about putting back on some weight, but I don't think it will happen. Who knows - maybe the change will kickstart you again. Either way you're still a huge success! I only hope I can do as well my first year!

Hey guys, I took an updated body shot last night and thought I would post. The before pic was a few days before surgery. I have a ways to go still, but am feeling much more comfortable in my own skin these days.

post-208325-13813134635763_thumb.jpg

post-208325-13813134635938_thumb.jpeg

lost my post again

if i move away from my reply it sends it

any whoooooo

dez are you going to dr jones thing in march?

hoping to get to know all of you

deb

hey all! sherry what did the dr say about the reflux?

chris - you look GREAT! i need to get some pix up but i need to get thru vaca first!

deb-i'm goin to the reunion in march but i need to rsvp, i keep forgetting!

nana, kat dot, everyoneelse? howz it goin?

hugs to all

dez

I have to wait until the 28th to see Jones. he's too busy this week and next Wed he's not there. So they said the 28th unless it's really bad then they'll squeeze me in. Kelley the nutrionist wants me to track my food and change itup a bit. Two nights drink nothing but fluids aftr 5 to see if that works, then eat something light two nights, etc to see what will work. I don't know...I did ok Saturday night and Sunday night but, already tonight I can tell I'm going to have a problem. This really isn't pleasant but, I'm surviving. I'm scared to get an unfil and gain weight back but I'm even more afraid of doing damage to something in my body.

Hi to all of the "regulars" and "Hi" to the "new ones". I just got back from RI. I had a great time with family. I had a new conversation with my insurance and they have paperwork now, that I asked Maritza to send. They said it will be 10 to 14 days for a decision. I cannot wait, as long as the answer is, YES. If not, I don't want to hear it. I am considering not going to Florida in case I can have the surgery during the month I would have been away. We had plans for so long, I was supposed to be done by now. But with the problems and delays I had, here I am. So, I hope I can have it sooner than later. Talk to you later. Nana

Sherry, I hope your reflux problems go away. Are you able to take xantax ( I think thats how you spell it?) It works wonders for my husbands heartburn and he gets it really bad. Good luck and don't worry about the unfill...just keep positive and maybe hit the gym more often. Nicole

chris looking good, spoke with michelle last night. I told her I was coming down tues early in morning and planning to get there around 7 am. hope the weather is good. ( michelle lost my scheduale for work, ha ha i told her that was a good thing)

sherry hang in there, I have noticed that when I am stressed out it is harder for me to eat. It is like I swell inside and have a smaller opening.

The acid stuff has me stumped how does it back track?

dez I told michelle to put me down for March for going to the BI thingie

and we will be going in together. don't forget to RSVP, looking forward to meeting you.

Nana that is so cool that you are getting closer to your goal!!!!!!!!!!

hi nicole, i am debbie i see that you are getting close to your date, yesterday a co worker asked me if i was sorry about getting the band, i told her no it was right thing for me to do.

deb

nanaviv, I was banded 12/20/06...I had planned a trip to Florida with my family since Aug, reservations (nonrefundable) made since Aug. I had the time off from work, all the arrangements made. It was 3 weeks before leaving, that I could not feel excited about it, did not look forward to packing (nothing fit), could not bring myself to buying new (bigger) clothes. I got on line and reconnected to the coordinator for my surgeon, whom I had talked to 6 months before, and said..."schedule me for the end of December". Now I had something to look forward to! I felt bad for my kids, but hope to make plans for next year when they can enjoy their trip with a much healthier mom!

The Pepcid taken before bed seems to have done the trick.

I'll be at the BIDMC reunion too so I look forward to meeting ya'll

Hi there everyone!

Deb how long will you be at Michelle's and what night were you thinking for dinner? Wed is my birthday, so I think my family is having a party for me that night. Other than that I think I'm pretty open.

Nana I am excited to hear about the insurance approval. I'm sure you'll get approved. I think we're all nervous about that. Let us know as soon as you hear.

Timeforchange your date is coming up soon! I am thrilled with being banded, and think you will be too!

chris i was thinking tues night if its ok with you

but i am open for thur also

your the one working what will be easy for you

thats great sherry!

just a quick..who am i for the rest

my name is debbie

i grew up on the south shore of boston, but moved to western ma for work 14 yrs ago, i am a power plant control rm operator for GE

my son is married to michelle (BI nurse) they have given me 3 grandgirls (14,7,and 3 yrs old)

i have a step son with my life partner, who just got out of the military. we are happy he came home and is safe! he is trying to get on a fire dept of in a major city.

i decided to get a lap band to help get weight off my bones and to enjoy the life i have. 5 yrs ago a mamogram found breast tumor which was cancer and the doctor thinks cancer cells might of past thru the blood and i am in treatment still for the bones. nothing is coming up on the bone scan and my ca counts are staying down.

i am very very happy with the weight i have lost and another 25 pounds i hope to stop smoking

and really how great is it to share with others who understand the struggle of life as a overweight person and we all wish for the same thing.

time to remove snow

deb