Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I've missed you!

congrats, john and nana! you guys will do great!

how is everyone? i have been MIA for about 2 weeks. i will fill you in. over feb vacation i had a 75th surprise party for my mom in indiana and it went GREAT! she was sooo surprised when family from all over the country walked in! i ate pretty well. I have joined weight watchers about 3 weeks ago because i am still in my rut! maybe down about 3-4 lbs..boohoo:( my feb appt with dr. jones went well with no fill cuz he sees a difference and part of my problem is that i have been eating like crap..late and nite and i wish i could get my sweet tooth pulled!!!! dr. jones also told me i had the go ahead to get an appt with my fertility dr. woohoo! we have our first appt in 4 years on march 22! keep your fingers crossed guys, this is one of the reasons why i needed to do this! i would love to be pregnant before 40, if not i may just forget about having my own kids.

so how are all of you? happy birthday chris! sherry, is the reflux stillunder control? kaydot, deb how are things?

hugs to all!

dez

Hey Dez..yeap reflux is taken care of with one Pepsid before bed each night.

Ooo exciting appointment for you. I hope everything goes the way you want :(

Oh nana congrats on your surgery date!!!! By now you are home and resting and you're finally banded. Wahoo!!

Hey Dez - great to hear from you! Good for you for joining WW. I understand why you would want to. I have some good days and some bad days with my eating. I keep telling myself that if I eat the right foods the weight will come off and I do well most days. But then I have these random days where I'm amazed at what a choose to eat. It's a hard process and all we can do is keep plugging away at it. Good luck at the fertility doctor!!!

John - how are you feeling???

Hi Everyone-

I'm very interested in getting together again. Same place perhaps? Some time in April?

I'm doing well, and thanks for asking. I'm sick of trying to sleep on my back because of the incisions and I'm having a hard time getting to sleep. I'm sure as soon as they fully hyeal I'll be able to sleep like I normally do.

I hope everyone is doing well, and let me know about getting back together.

John

I'm game!

John...one thing I did so I could sleep on my side was put a pillow under my stomach. Get in bed on your back,put the pillow up against your body and roll onto it. Hurts like heck as your belly moves over and onto it but feels better after. I found it easier to sleep on my right side because the port is on my left. Hope you're able to sleep better soon. Congrats on your band.

Count me in..I want to get together!

John-I too was a belly sleeper and had the same problem! I did what Sherry said. It will be better before you know it..maybe it already is.

Dez-sounds like a great Feb vacation! Happy b-day to your mom!

I am on a major plateau. I have not lost 1 pound in about 4 weeks. Luckily I have not gained either! I am working out a lot but maybe snacking a bit too much too. I am using fitday again to try to track a bit. See what the heck is going on. My clothes are definitely too big, just bought 2 size 18's at Old Navy and they are already getting loose, but it is not reflecting on the evil scale. I just need to get past that.

How is everyone? I hope we can get together soon.

Kaydotrn...I"m on that same plateau with you but, my scale did move in the wrong direction grrrrrrrrrrrrr It stinks going through it. I've been at the same weight now for 5-6 weeks. After hitting 200 and just waiting to be in onderland...I stinking gained 8, lost 4, gained the 4 back this past week. Unreal. TOM really plays a nasty part in this so hopefully it will go back down again soon!!!!!

does anyone know if you can lift after lap band? i know it might take a couple of weeks but i need to lift at least 50 lbs. at my job...how long before i can do this?

Hi Cher,

It take aleast 3 weeks before you can lift. Usually the first 2 weeks you can lift no more than 20lbs. Talk to you Doctor.

hi guys! sorry i have been out of the loop but there have been some technical difficulties logging in but it looks like they are finally resolved! how is everyone? i am doing well, finally losing again little bit by little bit. got a fill and it jump started me! work is crazy, mcas, applying for a new position, wish me luck!

when can we get together? i need a bandsters fix fo support!!!! list some dates and we'll go from there!

hugs to all!

dez

Hey Dez!! I agree we need to get together again! Things have been crazy and hectic here too, but should calm down after tomorrow (I'm in a wedding that has been monopolizing way too much of my time). I'm still losing, but very very slowly. I have been coming to terms with some band issues and have decided that I really need to start working this band. No more excuses!

So let's shoot for June maybe? I'm open the entire month! :)