Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am soon to be banded at BIDMC. I will be getting it on the 26th. I just got the news today and I am thrilled! Dr. Jones will be my surgeon. I'm scared and excited...what a strange combination!

hello time and welcome

the people at BI are great, even though i know the nurse michelle. i found most my info here with others on the web site. best to you on the 26th

i am sure it will be a piece of cake

deb

Congrats timeforchange! Dr Jones and his staff are great! Best of luck with your surgery!

I was just in today to see Kelly for my 4 month follow up. I lost an average of 2lbs a week since I was in last, so they were very happy. I feel like I could have done a better job, but isn't that always the way??

I saw Michelle today Deb and mentioned that we were planning on grabbing dinner while you were down this way in a couple of weeks. They think it's so cute that we're friends form the website. lol.

Sherry and I also RSVP'd for the reunion in March. Hopefully some of you guys will go as well so we catch up again!

John - how's that liquid diet going???

Hope everyone is doing well - Dez, Nana, KayDot, and anyone else I've missed. :)

Chrispy - You are doing so good there girl. I'm glad your appointment went well today :)

Deb - So are ya thinking about a fill? You truly have done well going without one. I don't think I would of done so well myself. Although I'll admist there are times I think this 2nd fill is too tight. I'm doing better now but when I first got it....oh boy. I'm thankful though that I truly don't feel so much hunger like I did before the band. Good luck with your decision.

timeforchange - Wow you just heard you were accepted for surgery and you're already going this month? That's great. How long has the total process taken you? Dr. Jones has been very good and the staff if very informative. I can't say I have any regrets having gone with BIDMC. It's also great knowing they are the only accredited hospital for this surgery and we were lucky enough to go there.

christine - have you had any luck with the stomach growling? Did you get it to stop? Have you tried sugar free pudding cups? They were great for me to hold back the hunger.

Nana - Are you back from RI yet? Hope you enjoyed your trip.

wjt - how are things going?

Hey Dez - How's it going? My cold is still here a little bit but much better. Did you get some sleep? heh heh

Hugs to you all. Hope you're all doing well and shrinking :)

Hi Sherry W

looking forward to 2-13-07my ultra sounds and

nutritionist , that is the big hurdle,

I noticed that the majority of lap banders are female , is there a reason for that

It has taken me from the date I went to my first seminar to the surgery date 2 months exactly! Not so bad! I was a little rushed because my insurance plan has changed everything within the past two weeks and if I didn't have the surgury as of March 6th....they would not cover it. Dr. Jones office was wonderful about bumping me up due to my situation. If I didn't have LBT I don't think I would have had the motivation to charge on and beg them to squeeze me in. Thanks guys...you're the greatest!:D

hey there chris can't wait till we get together, i often speak to michelle how much i get from on line.

sherry, what is the chance of you getting away for a bit, when i come down that way?

a big wave to dez, nana and rest of you all

deb

Ooh - Dr. Schneider will be putting on my lapband this Monday.. I am sooo excited and nervous!!!!!!!

hi all! i think we whould start planning our next get-together! i had my 6 mo. follow up today and am down about 5 more lbs. dr. jones didn't seem concerned about the 5 lbs loss in 2 mos even tho i am freakin out!!! he thinks i am adding muscle cuz of all the time i spend at the gym. i usu meet with june but she was out so i met with kelly, nice but i think june and i click better. my prob is snacking at nite! it's like a clock goes off in my head and i crap i don';t need. the rest of my diet looks good so keep your finger crossed. i joined weight watchers last week for some structure aNd find i rarely use all my points! i weigh in on tomorrow so i'll let you know. i did get AWESOME news from dr. jones...he said i can call my fertility doc so here we go again!

on a different note, i am flying for the firs ttime since sx next week when i go visit my mom for feb vaca. i wonder what it'll be like to be able to breathe in the ariplane seats. my mom is turning 75 and my sister and i are planning a surprise party for her. family is coming in from ny, ohio, colorado, texas and indiana. my sister has been useless even though she lives in the town where we are throwing the party. how does indivdi wrapped cookie pops and specially labelled yankee candle votives sound for party favors? any other ideas? i'm open!

enough about me ...how are all of you?

i agree with sherry about the guys, babies most of em, also men can be heavier without as much societal pressure, although i'm sure there's lots, to be thin like the twiggyesque runway models. many woment do this to be healthy but it amazes me how many more do it for looks!

i will email bidmc to rsvp for the reunion so i will se ya'll there!

congrats, timeforchange! it'll go great!

nana, chris, deb, katdot, sherry, everyone - how are you?

Deb I had asked Sherry if she wanted to come to dinner with us and she said yes. Once we figure out when and where, we can always post to see if anyone else wants to join too.

Hey Dez - great news on the fertility doc! That is awesome!! I am very excited for you. I tend to snack at night too. It's hard to break those old habits, that's for sure. I just flew in January and had no problems whatsoever. I loved that the seatbelt fit better too! :D I think those favors sound great for your mom's party. Oh, and I'm psyched that you''ll be going to the reunion! It will be great to see you again!

Oops forgot to congratulate Kelsey!! You'll do GREAT!

dez, i am planning on going to the BI meet with michelle in march, hope to meet you there and many others. It falls on my days off from work. I got on a plane in dec :D big difference. I remember a very small young lady all balled up in the plane set sleeping once, i was envyous (sp?) i am in a holding pattern now at about 200 #'s. I did join a gym but real hard to get to with work and by the time i leave work i just want to go home from all the stress. ( my job can be stressful) maybe i can do better once i am off the relief shift.

chris that's great, i'll leave it up to you on where you guys want to meet.

just need to know where so i can map Quest or something. everything has changed so much i need maps to get from point a to b (or i am getting old lol)

off to work

deb

I just want to say hi to everyone. It's been 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. It's sooooo nice to be able to eat eggs and put a little cheese and veggies into it. My 1st fill is on 3/12 and I'm looking forward to it.