Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi everyone

IM NOT YET BANDED BUT HOPE TO BE ON THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER BY DR SCHNIEDER @ BIDMC. I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT IVE BEEN READING WHAT YOU WRITE AND ALOT OF IT IS VERY INTERESTING.IM GLAD I FOUND A PLACE THAT I CAN GO TO GET ALL THE INFO THAT THE DOCTORS AND BOOKLETS DONT TELL YOU ABOUT. YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, ALL THE ROUGH TIMES.ITS GOOD TO HEAR SOME OF THE THAT STUFF SO WHEN IT HAPPENS TO ME I WONT FEEL ALONEOR THAT I DID SOMETHING WRONG. ITS ALSO GOOD TO HEAR ALL THE GREAT THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH HAVING THE SURGERY AS WELL.

I HAVE TO SAY YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Welcome Dreaminbig! Congratulations on your band date. Nov 8th will be here before you know it. It seems like just yesterday I was 3 weeks out myself. The time does go quickly. I'm glad you decided to join in on our discussion! The more the merrier!

To my other ladies - when did you guys take the steri strips off? I have a few that are starting to come off and I'm trying not to help them along. I was curious what you all did.

hi folks

nana....don't be silly, i want to hear from you. how's your day? how do you feel today? on my size of my pouch, i have not had a fill so i have no trouble eating as much as i want. the only thing now is i have to eat SLOWER and chew better. I am losing weight slow but i feel it is 90% on my self control, i do not get a full feeling and in the past i could only keep it up for so long on less calories. we will see. of course you want to get the blood thing fixs up, you'll need it to be able to put yourself though the min. amount of calories that you will get after you are baned i am thinking.

sherry i like that theory sounds sound to me (blue collar engineer)

chris week 3 is good place to be, i was feeling good then. remember not to lift anything heavy you don't want to put stress on your tummy mucles.

the strips i just let fall off thats what the dr said when i had my gallblader out.

dreaming big............welcome, i like to think , my new friends here as someplace to say what i need to or ask what i need to. we are all in the same boat (state of obesity) but different seats (towns)

got to get ready for work

deb

Rainbow - How much of a fill did you say you have right now in your band? Sounds like you're still not at your sweet spot...why they call it sweet is beyond me considering you have to be extra careful and you really can't eat much.

Chrispy - Steri Strips....you're suppose to let them fall off by themselves. If they are practically hanging then yea you can pull it off but, for those that are still stubbornly sticking leave it!!!! The last thing you want is to open up one of those wounds by taking it off too early. Also, don't be alarmed if you feel something pointy or like a barb coming out of the incisions. For me on two of mine the thread didn't absorb or melt away where the knot was. I had to actually use tweezers for one of them and pull the knot out. The rest of the incision was healed great except that part so I took it out and it healed up really quick. Mushies...you betcha the mushies keep you full longer. Especially if it's a Protein type mushie. Meatballs are a great mushie...I know sounds solid right? But it's ground meat so it's a mushie especially with sauce :lol: They were a life saver for me and easy to order from any sub shop etc when the girls at work order lunch.

Dreamin - Welcome to the thread. I hope all goes well for the date you're hoping to get. I've met Dr. Schneider but, only at one of the informational meetings. He seems very nice. Good luck :P

Nana - How much you can eat depends on how much fill you have too. Before my fills I could pretty much eat more than a cup of anything. After the first fill I'd say about a cup of something...if I went really slow and chewed well. After this 2nd fill....well....the other night I went out to eat and I had one buffalo chicken tender, 3 nachos and 1 bite/sip of my french onion Soup and that was that for the night. Tonight for dinner I had about a 1''x3'' piece of sirloin tip and 2 teaspoons of rice and that was it. My band has been really finicky since my last fill. I won't be getting another for quite a while. If I don't allow head hunger to take over, about 2-2.5 cups of food a day do it for me.

Hey Dez how's it going?

Well......I'm hungry but, feel like I have one heck of a bubble in my belly. I need to go walk around :D Hugs!

Sherry poor Rainbow never got her fill. Her appt was hectic and they had her leave without a fill (if I remember correctly). She is flying solo these days - AND doing great may I add.

It's good to hear that the mushies will keep me full a bit longer. I don't think I'm going to want to have Tomato Soup every again! lol

Hi everyone. I just got back from the Beth Israel. I've hit a little bump in the road. Earlier today I had noticed some draining from my port incision. I didn't like the looks of things, so I called Angi. We debated, but then she had me come in just to be safe. She cleaned up the incision and said it didn't look infected. Phew.

Dr Jones happened to be there, so he popped in to take a peak. He noticed that there was some draining, but that it wasn't puss. He had me lie down and, oh my, proceeded to open my incision. It actually didn't hurt that bad. But he did this so he could let whatever needed to drain, drain. He then ster-stripped it together, told me to keep it covered in gauze and tape, and to stay home for the next few days. He wants me back on Monday so he can take a look at the incision. He said it's not infected now, but there is a chance it could become infected. I asked him what he usually does if there's an infection, and he said he hasn't had one before. OH GREAT! He said there is about a 30% chance I'll become infected. So now I'm freaking out. I asked him what he will do if there is an infenction, and he said that since I am "thinner" (I almost told him I loved him - lol) my port is closer to my skin so there is a good chance that my port would get infected as well. If that happens, they will cut off the port, allow the tubing to recess, and then after I fully heal they will open me up, grab the tubing, and attach a new port. I can not tell you how badly I don't want this to happen!!! So any prayers or good kharma you want to send my way will be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and I was chatting with Angie. I told her about LBT and she said she was going to check us out and maybe join us! Hi Angie!!!

hi guys! i've missed you all but its been a busy week!

chris - keep an eye on that incision, mine was infected for quite sometime and my scar will suck on that one!

sherry - how are ya? it sounds like you are eating soo much less than me! maybe i need another fill?!?!?

i agree about the meatballs, i lived on ground turkey, meatballs, sloppy joes, manwich make an awesome BOLD sauce with lots of flavor, shaw's also has a GREAT sundried Tomato basil sausage that is ymmy with spaghetti sauce and melted mozz for mushies too. i also did a lot of chix and beef in the crockpot with diff sauces to shred up.

nana - how are your appts goin? are you counting the days? was the psych visit as weird as mine?

welcome dreaming big!!! we are a fun group so come back soon!

oh chris that SO $%#& !

I have my fingers crossed so it does not get worse.

sherry..chris is right i did not get any fills yet. I am still trying to lose weight. Last night I started to work out with Richard Simmons, Its hard to keep up, they zig and I zag.

Nana and Dez where are you? hows it going?

I am off night shift for a little bit, 2 weeks. I can get back into a reg eating pattern. Tomorow I am going to an Armenian festival (my first) in Springfield

it should be fun and maybe I can put on some steps on the petometer.

Deb

Dez it's good to hear you had a similar situation. Did you go back in for follow up care from Dr Jones, or did it just go away on its own?

Hi all,

Chris, I am sorry you are having a problem. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best. Dez - I go to the Psych Oct. 19th. I dread it from all I have heard and I am having a set back with anemia (waiting to get in to see a hematologist) so I don't know if there will be anything after that until I get better blood counts. Because I am feeling down about the anemia (I have a bad history with it) I am afraid the Psych will get me to cry, which I really DON'T want to do with her of all people. Is it a short appt.? Everyone else sounds good. Some days you all keep my spirits up. Thanks!!! I will let you know how I do with the Psych and the hematologist. Nana

Nana - sorry to hear you've been down lately. Getting youurself well is an important part of the pre-banding process. I know it seems like it will take forever to get to the finish line - I've been there! Just hang in there!

The psych was nice - just weird. She'd probably love it if you cry. lol. Just remember that the band is only a tool, that you will still have to do the work, and that you are making the committment to come back for follow up care. Those seemed like the sticking points when I met with her. Good luck!

Hi everyone. I've decided this was a good place to connect with all my BIDMC LB friends. My last day is the 27th, but I'm coming in to do my last support group on the 1st.

If anyone lives on the south shore and you missed my emails, I did start a support group (for RNY & LB) in Norwell. Our next mtg. is Mon @6:30. In the meantime maybe we can find a good time to do an "active" on-line chat support group once a month in addition to the others.

My home email is akw926@comcast.net if you want to chat any other time.

Hi there

I live in Norwood and would LOVE to get together with others in the area !!!

let me know where and when !!!

Hey Morph...I had heard you were leaving so I'm the little birdie that Jenn was talking about lol. I heard it here actually. I'd love to go to the Norwell meetings. I'll email you to see how to get there. I'm glad you join our thread here at LBT. It's a great place and we do what we can to help each other. That's why I haven't been into Boston for the support groups as it's just soooo dang hard to get out of there after. Talk about a long ride home. The aftercare is a must so I gladly go for that but, if you read around the threads here it's amazing the info you can find. I still think BIDMC is the best :confused:

(Sherrybo will be writing to your email :plane:

To aaamom - I am nana, I am waiting to be banded, running into some snags but I keep in touch with these girls and their progress. Congrats., you are doing wonderful. Anyway, what I wanted to say is what did you think of the Tummy Tuck. I had one many years ago, not thinking that I would then gain another 50 lbs. I can't say I wasn't warned, but it was something else. But after losing all that weight, it must look great. Now, if I finally get banded, I am in the program at Beth Israel, I wonder if it will show that I had it done. Good luck and welcome. Nana