Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rainbow - Great job on the weightloss. Keep up the good work :rolleyes:

Nanaviv - Sounds like you're on your way. Right after you see Dr. H and you decide things are going the way you want don't walk out of that center without future appointments. Make sure the girls out front book your ultrasound, psych visit etc that way you'll be further along and can get those appts around your schedule. Just my suggestions. I killed all of my visits in ONE week :huggie: I lucked out on the ultrasound because they had a cancellation. They can sometimes be booked up for quite a while.

Chris...how many days now?

The scale is playing games with me this week because TOM is visiting UGH. Hopefully I'll see another pound gone when this thing is over. (Can ya tell I don't want it anymore? lol No more babies for me so I'm done...it can go away now hahaha if only that easy)

So have you ladies thought about a possible get together someday? I'm volunteering my house if you'd like to have a little meeting of our own. I'd say meet at a restaurant but, ya know....I don't like them much lately lol.

this is not about the lap band but want to share

our son KEN (the baby) was to come home the begining of aug from the service for good, it kept on changing and dragging out for some reason.

last i knew it would not be till the end of the month of sept. maybe.

ok so know this thurs my partner calls and says she is going to the emergency room not going to bother trying to get dr. appt for pain in the back. hour later she calls and says she is being amitted, of course i go down there (5 mins away).

we were to go to new hamp. for the weekend at a friends camp. I cancelled that.

so i am back and forth taking care of pets and hospital.

i get a FEMA thing in the mail (kens he is a firefighter) so i call his friend john and tell him it came and i will tape it to the door so he can come and pick it up and take it to the fire dept (i guess they can get money from the gov, not sure) i also tell him i am going back and forth to the hosp.

Last night (fri. night) i am at the hospital. by the way they are treating my partner for divaticuliist (sp?) hooked up to iv pole. its starts getting busy with visits from friends from work (we both work at the same place)

In comes ken's friends john and roger, we talk for a bit and john says i got a surpize for you, your realy going to like it, starts to leave the room. of course just joking i said something like you got kenny . and he walks in with KEN , we both started crying and hugging it was a scene.

he's home with all his fingers and toes. ken flew in from Germany to hartford and his friend roger went to pick him up.

we believe the middle mutt sean LOL (on the a supply ship some where in the east) will be home for thanksgiving. it will be the first time in years will we have all home.

well i wanted to share hope you didn't mind

going to cook up egg whites and go up to the hosp.

maybe i can spring my partner today

hope you have a great weekend

Hi rainbow, what a great story!! It brought tears to my eyes. A great way to start the weekend. Your partner will be OK, my aunt has same, has to really watch what she eats. I haven't had anyone go overseas so I can only imagine what it feels like.

SherryW, I am very timid about driving. That is why my husband is driving back and forth to Boston for now. Plus I would want to wait until I am banded and on my way to losing. Where did you say you live? Can't wait to go to next appt. Nanaviv

Rainbow - That's fantastic. I'm a true blue Patriotic Gal and please give your son a big Hug and Kiss of thank you from me! Welcome home Soldier!

Nanaviv - I live in Taunton, MA it's about 40 min South of Boston and 30 Min East of Providence,RI. No harm in DH driving ya...I love it when mine drives me in as well. Besides its great company ;)

Rainbow - that is so wonderful to hear!! What a great surprise! I hope you will be able to have everyone home for the holidays. Family truly is so special.

Send my best to your partner! I hope she is feeling better soon. Diverticulitis is not very fun so I hear.

I spent part of Thursday night in the hospital as well. My best friend's mom, who is like my second mom, is battling Ovarian cancer. She had a cyst that grew large with Fluid, which they inserted a drain for. She also had to have stints placed in her kidneys so the drains to her bladder would not close. A side effect of radiation, but certainly not fun. She's had so many surgerys and chemos, etc. I just feel so horrible for her, but try to be the best "second daughter" that I can.

Well one month from today my friends, I will join you all in Band-Land! lmao. I guess I should get cracking on losing the 10lbs before surgery. I am such a procrastinator! lol

Talk to you all soon,

Chris

Sherry - i'm up for a get together! anytime!

rainbow - GREAT story and congrats on having your baby home safe and sound! thank him for me and my family for what he does to keep us safe! my husband is ex-AF and my cousin flies c130's for AF and just got home from Iraq a few mos ago so enjoy your time together i know how hard being separated is!!! i'll keep your partner in my prayers!

nanviv-get your appts and join us in lapland!

chris - don;t worry you're in the final countdown! work on getting some off now, they say it helps later! you'll do great!

dez

thanks everyone, he went away a boy and now he is a man. I saw ken in the morning and the he came home 11pm. he was with his fire fighter budies on only 2 hrs of sleep.i am sure he will have ants in his pants for a few weeks, trying to catch up.

i spung my partner yesterday from the hospital, her room mate was another palmer gal so we where able to make a new friends.

chris..sorry to hear about your second mom, i am sure you can be a strong caregiver

http://www.acscsn.org/

this is a site that is for surviors and caregivers, there are many other sites but i found just sitting in the chat room for some reason made me feel not alone. i don't chat just sit and read.

sherry i would love for us to get together some day, maybe next time i come up that way for a over nighter. I am going back to work monday night and i work rotating 12 hr shifts (weekends too), so it makes it hard for me to even get it together with the oldest boy's family in canton, but we should and will someday.

nanaviv.....make sure you tell them how far you are coming from so they will lump most of the appts. in the same day. they are a good bunch at the hospital. the phych (rona)is weird but its just one of the steps to get aproved, she likes talking so just let her LOL

dezadoo..don't you just love the mushies LOL

i love the mushies but i have not dropped 1 oz since going on them 2 wks ago! it's not like i'm eating like iwas pre-sx. i don;'t know whats going on....

Dezadoo - Your body has to get used to having the extra cals again. You'll lose, don't get discouraged :rolleyes: Start choosing lower calorie mushies and try to stay away starches if ya can. Are you eating your Proteins first, veggies, fruit then starches? Getting most of your Water in? Have you tried diet green tea...it's helps with your metabolism too :girl_hug:

Rainbow - we'll figure something out someday as far as a get together :girl_hug: It would be alot of fun. Have fun with the family! Tell that son of yours we're all proud of him and thank him!

Chris - the day is coming fast girl. You've got your Protein shakes ready :) Now start thinking mushy stage too. Get some cream of wheat and/or oatmeal, natural applesauce, sugar free puddings, Soups ready :) wahoooo! I can't wait to watch you shrink lol

nanaviv - timid about driving...heck Boston would do that to anyone other than the seasoned traffic buster lol My DH travels for his work all the time so he's used to it. Me...I travel the same highway to work and back. Sometimes the traffic is terrible but, because I know the road I'm ok with it. It's the same with Boston. Once you have down in memory the route you need to travel you'll do ok if you have to do it alone. But I think you've got the best deal with DH bringing you :) I know I do hee hee

DH was sick today so I didn't get much done around here. He's doing better, it was my turn to play nurse :) He's watching his NASCAR now so I think he's over the worse part of it lol. At least he'll sleep for a bit lmao amazing how he sleeps with that on and wakes up anytime something happens and he knows lol. Have a great night ladies....hope you're all doing well and shrinking!

Hi everyone,

It sounds like everyone is doing well. Dezadoo, like Sherry says, you are adjusting to a new stage. She sounds like she is well informed. Plus, there is usually a plateau in any diet, then you start losing again. On the liquid shakes, they are usually skim milk or soy milk based aren't they? I ask because I am allergic to both. I figure I will have to talk to the dietician about that. That is the Protein so I don't know how I will get the protein. But I will see what they have to say. I have a lot of problems with being allergic to foods. Sherry, as long as you don't live in Boston, I will give it a try. Are you off of Rt. 495? Do you intend to wait a while so I will be banded? Whatever? Nanaviv

Just done alot of research and question asking. It's the only way to learn and each and every person reacts differently with the band in place. I've definately learned that my journey is different from others and also the same. It's been a turning point in my life that I don't regret. As I always say...one day at a time, one meal at a time, one forkfull at a time.

Hugs

thanks, sherry i will try diet green tea. i brew a lot of tea, i don't drink coffee, when it gets cooler, mostly green. i love arizona's blueberry no carb green tea but its hard to find anymore except in glass jars.

nanaviv - yes most of the Protein Shakes have milk &/or soy products in them talk to june or kelly about any alternatives.

so whens our get-together?

hi folks

by the way my name is deb.

Ken is getting a big head LOL..everyone is making a big deal...so he goes around the house saying "i am such a big deal"

we are having his welcome home party the 23rd and its funny to listen to his friend and ken act like kids about the party. fun to watch. so glad he is home and safe.

nanaviv..........i am sure the nutritionist will help you finding a protien shake you can drink. make a list of things you want to ask and bring it with you when you go for your appt. they are there for you.

deb

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you that I am going to be visiting family in RI from Fri thru Fri so don't be surprised not to hear from me. I will check up on your chats when I get back. Good luck to all on losing those lbs. Talk to you later. Nanaviv