Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

nanaviv- i agree with sherry, call the 617 # and wait to see what dr. h says at your appt.

sherry - how are you doing? i haven't had a fill yet but i see a lot of posts like yours, congrats on the steady wt loss! you're doing great!

Hello folk

My appetite has picked up a great deal. I find I am hungry a lot. Tomorrow will be 4 wks and my appt. is for Thur. I will be getting the rest of food for next step. I am starting to get worried that I will not be satisfied with small amounts of food. Anyone else felt hungry before they started to fill thur the port.

Hi all,

Good luck with fill rainbow. Everyone says the fill should take care of the hunger. I took everyone's advice and called today for an appointment. I got one for later in Sept. and I plan on going to the meeting again on Sept. 14th, so I guess I am moving along. Do we just go to 2 meetings before surgery? And the rest is meetings with individuals? At last I feel I am doing something. Nanaviv

rainbow - i don't think you get a fill until after mushy stage. i am beginning to be able to eat more each time about 1-3 oz/meal on mushies. the liq goes thru you so wait and see, also don''t push it. it sounds awful if you overeat, luckily i've never experienced the "sliming".

congrats nanaviv!

Rainbow - You will begin to feel a little hungry between your meals because as you're healing the swelling from the surgery goes down so your the passage from your upper portion of the stomach and esphogus to the lower part of your stomach widens so the food passes easier. That's when you go to the mushie stage at your 4th week checkup. No fill yet until your 8 week checkup. At that 8 week checkup answer the Dr. openly and honestly about your food intake, if you've had pbing or throwing up etc so he can make the right assessment with you on whether or not you need a fill. It's not worth getting one if you're still tight with mushies/solids. You'll know better then. But the first 8 weeks are all about healing so that the stitches inside secure and heal to hold that band in place. Don't be surprised if the weight loss slows down a little once you get to the mushies and solids either. Your body will need to adjust to the additional calories but you will lose. good luck!

Nanaviv - I'm surprised that when you were accepted into the program that they didn't make that 1st appointment for you with Dr. H during that call. You do have to attend 2 meetings to qualify for your surgery date and after that they'd like us to go to one a month. Since I live so far away they haven't pushed me but, I've told them about this website I use for support as well as a few friends of mine that were also done at BIDMC and we talk all the time. I do try to attend at least 1 every 3-4 months though so I'm do to go again :D

Dezaboo - This is my second fill out of the possible 3 I could of received. I definately felt the 1st fill and your weight loss kicks back in with it. At my appointment 4 weeks later I was still getting that full feeling, sometimes pbing if I didn't chew well and had thrown up a couple times so we decided my weight loss was doing fine so I passed on another fill. The last thing you want is to be too tight and throwing up all the time...it's not good for you especially that early. This fill I received I can definately feel it and I belive it's my sweetspot if not a tad too tight. I have to be VERY careful how much I eat and how well I chew. I have had lots of PBs. It's like learning all over again how to eat even after I've had the band for 6 months already. I find I can only eat maybe 1/4 cup of food at a time. You definately need to stick with the liquid phase after a fill. Don't be alarmed either if what they put in the first time doesn't seem to be as much when you go for that 2nd fill. First time Dr. Jones said I got anywhere from 1 to 1.50 ccs so I called it 1.25 (logical? lol), well this fill he said he only pulled out .50 (they pull it out to check whats in there) and put in another 1.00 cc. Holy crap I thought..this is gonna be tight but also though where the heck did the other 1.0 go? He said he pulled air out a and some does evaporate? I'm still asking Angi on that one lol. I'm the type of gal that wants to know EXACTLY whats in there lol. It's going very well though, thank you for asking. It can get frustrating when you can't eat much but, then when the scale moves you're willing to take it hahah

Good luck everyone! Chrispy where are ya girl!

Hi SherriW, Thanks for being so informative. How far do you live? I live on Cape Cod. It is about a 2 hr. drive. For a while I have to bother my husband to take me until I feel comfortable doing it. That is why I am counting visits. It seems crazy in Boston to me. I don't know if I can get used to it!!!!! But, I'm glad to be started. Thanks again for your info. Nanaviv

I'm here Sherry! lol. Sherry is a great source of information. I ask her questions all the time. She has done a lot of research and she is an excellent band patient! It's been so helpful to me having Sherry to talk to, which is probably why I don't post as much as she does. lol. It's also been very good being with her when she has PB'd or the such - because I know what I'm in for! lol

Nanaviv, I feel like I've been on this road for a loooong time. lol. But it will go faster than you think. Rainbow and Deezadoo - keep me updated on how you're feeling. What's hard, what's easy, etc. It will all help prepare me for banding. 32 days and counting............lol

Chris

Good Morning Everyone :mad: Wednesday mid week Man I need the weekend already! lol.

Nanaviv - I live in Taunton, depending on the traffic it can take me anywhere from an 1 to 1.5 to get to BIDMC. Honesly, my husband brings me in as well and I love it. I think at this point I could do it myself if I had to but, you know...it's been the best thing that he's been there for the appointments too. He has learned alot about what I go through because he listens to the nurtionists, the nurses and Dr. Jones since he's there with me. I think they HEAR more when it's SOMEONE ELSE that is telling them what goes on hahaha. I truly think it's something that brings you closer together because, truly you are working together on this. Face it...after banding we can no longer eat the same way so they too have to change. Example: before surgery DH and I would have a T-Bone steak each....after surgery WE eat only one. He gives me the most tender piece of the T-bone (usually that smaller 2''x2'' piece side). My DH has now lost 36 pounds so he's piggybacking on my band he says hahaha. It's great that your DH brings you in to Boston ;) Good luck with your band journey.

Chris....YOOOOOO my friend wassup heh heh. I don't mind helping you along at all my friend. Like you haven't helped me? That's what friends are for yeap yeap. You're going to do AWESOME and I'm so excited for you! Girl you're going to look HOT! We all just have to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one forkfull at a time and one day we'll be bikini shoppin together (ummm on so for me one sexy one piece still too shy for a bikini lol)

Dezadoo - How is your healing doing? Start your mushies? One of my favorite mushies was cottage cheese with a little spaghetti sauce in it and parmesan cheese. I'd put that in the micro just to warm it up a little and I felt like I was having lasagna :pray2: I used to blend it with my hand-stick blender to get out the lumps too. You could use ricotta cheese if you like that too.

BLECK....I just tried to take a liquid Iron supplement...what went down came right back up. WHEW that stuff was yucky! I take the Flintstones Completes but, sometimes my body needs the extra iron...well it isn't going to happen this way. That bottle was thrown away! lol I could just heave thinking about it BLECK

Well I got up early to get to work early so I have to stop playing in here lol. Have a great day everyone!

Hi SherryW, You sound so up, it makes me feel that way. Keep it up and thanks. The rest of you are doing so well, you keep me feeling positive, too. I was a little worried last week when Dr. Jones said not everyone at that meeting would make it. I quit smoking for this!!! I better make it. That is how much I want it!!!!!! Nanaviv

Nanaviv - congratulations on quitting smoking!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment! The health benefits alone from that will be great. I've seen it in people after they have quit. Keep up the good work!

Sherry - waaasssssup?! lol. Long time no talk. he he... Don't know about a bikini for me, but I am planning on breaking a few hearts once I get to goal. lol. How much fun will we have clothes shopping now?!

I swear Sherry and I talk more online then we do in person and over the phone. lmao. But it's great, and we are always using eachother as a sounding board for whatever is going on in our lives. It is great to know that I have such wonderful support.

I'm not sure if you other girls know, but my mother is having the surgery as well. (I'm 32 by the way) She is going in one week before me, and I'm really hoping she does well with this. She has diabetes, arthritis, bad knees, a bad back, and is very immobile for her age. (She turned 59 today!!) Seeing her difficulties is one of the major factors for my decision to get the surgery. I don't want to have these same problems.

So tonight my mom and I ordered our Protein drinks. Between the two of us we ordered 24 boxes. lol. We did a combination of cold, fruity drinks and the hot chocolate. My father almost died when he saw how much they cost, lol. I knew because years back I was on a high-protein diet and had to drink these in between meals. They really did help keep me full, and made me pee. lol

Well I hope everyone is having a great night! It's a little chilly for August, but at least there is no rain. Let's keep our fingers crossed for this weekend! Sherry and I have plans for Sunday. lol

Chris

Back from Boston. Now on stage 4. I did see Dr, R. and he looks good in uniform. I remember him in the hospital but they had given me drugs by then. I am so glad i decided to go to Boston for the band it is worth the ride from Palmer. next appt is oct 4th

It was also great to be with the grandgirls, the oldest (14yrs)was busy with soccer so i drove her to her practice. the middle (6yrs)one can't seem to stay out of trouble too much energy. the baby (3yrs) is just too cute for words. I realy must try and spend more time with them.

Today i will go to the GE doctor to get released for work next week. I will miss going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time.

I started smoking again (darn) so i'll need to work on that along with 30 mins of exercise. I'll have to fit it in my 12hr rotating work shifts.

the big new is a loss of 20 pounds and i can fell the difference.

The way i get to the hospital is only 4 turns

masspike...128 south...then route 9 east ...turn on left on brookline ave (i watch for gas station turn before it)...

turn right at longwood ave and hospital and parking is on your left

I am glad also I found you gals on this site

and we are all at different stages....

sherry it would be nice if my partner could lose also like your hubby. we have not been able to do the appts together. Maybe now that i am on a new stage, we can start eating the same things together.

going to make some eggs.........you all have a nice day

Hi rainbow,

Great news 20 lbs!!! I got some paperwork in the mail today. Along with my appt. for blood work etc., there is an appt. for Dr. H., so I am moving along. That feels good. Nanaviv

Hi everyone, I forgot to add to the above, getting into Boston seemed like a zoo. After going up Ma 3 this is what we have to do (without giving lefts and rights) - Frontage, Mass Ave, Melnea Cass Blvd, Ma 28/Tremont St., Ruggles, Huntington, Ma 9, Longwood, Brookline - Hosp., and when you don't know when your turn is coming and you aren't in the right lane, no one around you is happy. So, I am trying to write down streets before our turns so we can get into the right lane. And getting out we got lost twice trying to backtrack. Fun, fun. That is why I don't look forward to it. I even thought of taking the T but my son said it is a little bit of a walk. OK, I thought I would get that off my chest. At least I am on my way. I will listen to you all of your good news for a while. Nanaviv

it would take longer but maybe less stressful

staying on 128 north and get off route 9 east i think its exit 20 not sure

pull it up on map Quest

sorry so short but things are busy here