Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok i had my appt and am down 24 lbs. i love the mushies diet!!! i was surprised at how much stuff was on there! i went out to 99 tonite for dinner and ordered the lemon crusted salmon and ate about 1/5 and some mashed potatoes! i think i had an orgasm..lol! :) i forgot how good real food can be! i saw dr. jones in the hall when i was walking with dr. rehrig so he could take my stiches out and started jumping up and down cuz i could finally eat something! he thinks i;m weird, well, i am so... have a great day everyone!

Deezadoo - 24lbs is GREAT!! You must feel wonderful!

I was in yesterday and saw the whole gang. I have my "official" date - October 2nd - and am looking forward to joining you girls on the weight loss train. lol. I've been trying to lose some of the 10lbs, and managed .5 - oh well - better than nothing I guess. haha

But I am really excited to be on the 6 week countdown. I have seen my attitude towards food change a lot already, and I can't wait to beat this vice. I know it will be challenging getting through that liquid phase, lol, but I'm readay!!

Rainbow I'm glad to hear you're doing well too!

crispygal thats great befor you know it the time will fly by

deezadoo 24 pounds thats great

nanaviv how was your first meeting?

Hi All - deezadoo and rainbow, you are doing wonderful. And chrispygal, 6 wks. to go -great. I went to my 1st meeting. It is a zoo getting in there! I live on the Cape. But, it was great. It was given by Dr. Jones. He was so informative. The discouraging part is he said some of the people there won't make it. I only have 75 lbs. to lose and I'm on the low side, but I have sleep apnea or I don't think they would have taken me, so I keep my fingers crossed. I am so ready, I would be so upset if refused either by them or insurance at this point. But anyway, there is one more meeting, right. Where do you get info on the steps? I didn't know how many meetings until last night. Thanks for any info. Nanaviv

chrispygirl - congrats! i only got about 5 lbs off pre sx so just try your best, they want to see if you are committed.

nanaviv- the steps of what? getting in? diets? do you have your 1st appt with dr. h, the nurse, and nutrition and exercise yet? that's the first in, then the psycho psych then they meet and decide if this is right for you.

rainbow - it looks like you are "chugging" away at you goal too!! by the way, mushies ROCK!

on the 30th

i am not sure why it posted bebor i hiy reply?

nanaviv you should make an appt or call them , i believe they go bo BMI

Hi All, For instance I didn't know there were two meetings like last night until last night, and then what is next. I know there are medical tests and a psych test before we get to see the doctor and we don't know if we are accepted until we see him and he then contacts our insurance. But when he said last night not all of you will make it, I really got scared because my BMI is borderline and I was only accepted because of sleep apnea and a couple of other health problems. And I am sooo ready. I am just trying to see how many times I will be going into Boston, it sounds like 4 or 5 before surgery. I want to learn the way myself so I don't have to depend on anyone but after last night - I don't know! I wish I was further along. Thanks for your help. Nanaviv

nanaviv - do you have your first appt sched? you can do that while you attend the info mtgs, at least i did. and don't worry the drive gets easier (unless there's a redsox game!) good luck!

rainbow - have you had the scrambles eggs yet?

Hi deezadoo,

The office gave me a 401 # which surprized me. Is that the appt. you mean. I will call for that one on Mon. if I should get a head start on it.

Thanks. Nanaviv

nanaviv, i would at least make a first appt and see Dr., i would expect they would be able to give you an idear if you can

deezadoo.had scambled eggs w/ketchup..soooooooooooooooo good

Nanaviv....did you complete your survery application yet and send it into the Bariatric unit at BIDMC? That's your very first step in being accepted into the Bariatric program. After they get your application, a nurse reviews it, will call you and discuss it and then let you know if you've been accepted as a patient. Its at that time that you're first appointment is set up with Dr. H. He does a quick physical, explains the types of surgery and lets the group know which tests he needs you to complete. Usually an ultrasound, psychiatric eval, blood work, nutritionist visit. The front desk books all of those for you. Once you complete all that he's required and your folder is complete the bariatric group meets to discuss your case. If they all agree, they give you a call and you meet with a surgeon of your choice. You meet with the surgeon, Jones or Schneider, they ask a bunch of questions, make sure you understand the surgery choice, go over your chart and then you book a surgery date and your pre-op work date. Hope that helps.

I had a fill on 8/16/06 and whew things are tight today. Seems the band is a finicky little thing sometimes. Today is one of those days, close calls with golfballs and PBing all day. UGH. Hopefully it will slow down and I'll be back to regular solid Proteins. Right now I've found I have to puree alot of the food I eat or at least break it down more so it's chewed enough. Anyone else find their band gets finicky sometimes?

Hi SherryW, Yes, I sent in my survey application. At first they weren't going to accept me because I am borderline BMI, but then because I have sleep apnea, they accepted me. Now, I went to my first meeting last Thursday. I met Dr. Jones and liked him very much. Not much else has been said except the office gave me two phone numbers to use. I guess why I am confused is one number is 401 area code, one is 617 - this one is to get blood work, etc. in the am. the 401 # is 401-497-3536. Sound familiar to anyone? Is that for a Dr.'s appt.? I just thought everything would be 617. If I am still confused Monday, I will just call the office where I sent the survey and ask questions. Thanks everyone. Nanaviv

Hi Nanaviv, Hmm the 401 number is odd and I don't remember it at all. All my dealings were thru the main BIDMC Bariatric Center number. The only thing I can think of is thats the psychologists phone number? Even that appointment I made through the main front desk at the Bariatric Center. If I were you I'd call that number 617-667-2845, tell Darlene or Joan that you were wondering what the next step is and maybe even talk to Angi. If you haven't met with Dr. H yet...that would be your next step. Sounds to me you haven't done that yet and he's the one that orders all the other tests that need to be done.

I'd give them a call today if you can.