Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm new and this is a great forum!

Hello to everyone. Hope you all are having a great day! I'm new to the forum as of today and I want to have the VSG with Dr. Aceves. Just getting ready to fill out the app and see what happens! There appears to be lots of folks who have had their surgery with Dr. Aceves and had a really good outcome, hoping I can to the same.

Patti Gayle

i'm also new to this forum, although i'm almost finished with my process and should be setting a date on the 6th. but i'm both curious and concerned about dr. aceves and the hospital he practices out of. the lower prices are tempting enough to keep me thinking about it though. any thoughts?

Thanks for responding!

It wasn't his low price but his experience I was drawn to and I've heard that he's had no leaks (which is always good) and the hospital is a full service hospital. I looked into a doctor in Louisiana but I didn't want to go to a hotel after my surgery. I have to self pay and I'd like to stay in a hospital. That's just me though.

Who are you considering?

Patti Gayle

well i've been working with bluegrass bariatrics right here in lexington, KY... so i will be able to go home for my recovery after my night in the hospital. the surgeons who work there are weiss, oldham and denk. they always have 2 surgeons present in every procedure, but i feel best about weiss for some reason.. i don't know why.

but i've heard so much about doc aceves that i just can't ignore it! he seems great and although i'm leary about going to Mexico for a surgery (as is my PCP), i can't dismiss the notion altogether, because it's much less expensive there and i'm a self-pay patient.

Mi-Mi, Dr. Weiss sleeved me on June 3. It's gone really well so far, and I'm convinced that he really knows what he's doing, even though he's only done 50-something sleeves.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Mi-Mi, Dr. Weiss sleeved me on June 3. It's gone really well so far, and I'm convinced that he really knows what he's doing, even though he's only done 50-something sleeves.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

aw thank you stevo-o! i'm confident in his abilities as well. they seem to have a super low complication rate overall there so that speaks for itself... in my opinion anyway. do you attend the support groups?

congrats and good luck!

Not yet. The last one was 2 days after my surgery, and I completely forgot. I'd like to go check one out this coming Saturday.

i need to check some out also. my surgeon consult went well today... they didn't even smack my hand for not losing weight! but because my BMI is higher than 50, they want me on a (mostly) liquid diet for 2 weeks before my surgery... which is the 19th of july by the way! that is, unless something falls through financially, which i don't look to happen. i'm thinking, though, that because i've recently come to terms with the fact that i have some sort of emotional attachment to food, i will eventually need to attend some support groups. maybe i'll see you there.

ps... am i supposed to be more nervous than excited like this? am i supposed to be second-guessing myself this far along?

Just my opinion: Yes, it is perfectly reasonable to be as nervous as you need to be. And, yes, second-guessing yourself is perfectly reasonable as well.

I remember a part of me saying "I must be nuts" to want to trade in my perfectly good stomach for a mostly amputated one. It's only natural to have an internal debate about such a decision. Somebody on here gave advice from her mother, roughly like this: Picture yourself without it (the good and the bad)... then picture yourself with it (the good and the bad)... and see what you think.