Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Permanente is Southern California

June 8th is also a special day for me Not only the day I started my new life but It was my grandmothers birthday and the day I met my husband 11 yrs ago. SPECIAL DAY!!!!

Mr. Mason,

I was just reading back on what I wrote to you and I didn't mean to sound so negative. Sorry about that. I am SO thankful that I was able to have my surgery especially with no out of pocket expense. But I just want to be honest about the Kaiser program. You sound SO positive I didn't not intend to bring you down. If you want to know first hand about my experince with Kaiser open and honest Im willing to tell all details lol Have a GREAT one!!!

I never for a moment thought anything you said as being negative. So far, I am extremely please with Kaiser, and convince that for me, it's the way to go. Your comments help me to as far as getting a full picture of what I am getting myself into, and being able to make an informed decision. You'll never know how much I appreciate that. I'd love to hear anything about your particular experience. One thing is certain...you made the decision that I am still a little fearful of, and you are happy with your decision. That is a boost to my confidence level.

Take care.:thumbup:

I have nothing but good comments about Dr.Yadegar. I just found out today one of my co-workers had her surgery(by-pass) performed by him. Hopefully I will be referred to him when the time comes. I stopped by the health ed dept at Kaiser, to find out when I will called and they said wait for a package in the mail. So know I wait so more!

I am being referred to Dr Yadegar and everything that I've read online about him was glowing and spoke very highly of him and his staff. I'm really looking forward to meeting him. I'll let you know once I meet him what my impression is.

I just found out I was turned down by Kaiser this morning. They said I do not qualify.

My BMI is 37.5 and I have HP which I have been on 2 meds aday for years. I also have high cholesterol and triglycerides, I guess my numbers are just not high enough. I am really disapointed.Has anyone fought Kasier on this and won?

Hi guys...I am also a Southern Cali Kaiser patient. I am going on my 4th week of class in Corona. I am concerned about the wait time after you complete the class. In our packets we were told that West LA and Harbor city are the ones that do the sleeve but the wait time can be up to 6 months!! I have read that some of you have gone to different ones even like one in Lancaster.....can anyone give me any info on other places that are Kaiser approved?:001_tongue:

I have friend who had a bypass done by Dr Yadegar in Lancaster,she really liked him.

Do you know anyone that has been turned down because they did not lose their 10% before surgery? I'm 6 weeks in to the Options class and found out yesterday that the bariatric nurse is saying that the surgeon won't even consider us even if we are 1 pound away from our 10%. This was really discouraging to me.

Do you know anyone that has been turned down because they did not lose their 10% before surgery? I'm 6 weeks in to the Options class and found out yesterday that the bariatric nurse is saying that the surgeon won't even consider us even if we are 1 pound away from our 10%. This was really discouraging to me.

I have not heard this with Kaiser, only what they would like you to lose the 10%

teressaftmer, If you don't lose the 10% they will not drop you as long as you have lost something and they felt you were trying. The thing that got me was that during the waiting period between the finish of the options class and surgery which could be 3 months or more if you gain back it could delay things.

humpty dumpty, My BMI is 36.6 I have high blood pressure and cholesterol and they turned me down too they said only those with type two diabetes will get accepted for BMIs below 40. We did try to fight it didn't get far so now I am getting sleeved self pay on Tuesday.

Nancy

humpty dumpty I forgot to mention that at least we can get all our labs at Kaiser. I think by having my labs, ekg, and chest x-ray done there I saved around $500.

humpty dumpty I forgot to mention that at least we can get all our labs at Kaiser. I think by having my labs, ekg, and chest x-ray done there I saved around $500.

A week after the Dr. said I was turned down I received the information in the

mail for the orientation and classes. I go this Thursday. I not sure what happened, but I read one post that said Kaiser lowered the BMI requirements to 35.

Edited by humpty dumpty

mail for the orientation and classes. I go this Thursday. I not sure what happened, but I read one post that said Kaiser lowered the BMI requirements to 35.

Congratulations! That's good news for you!

Hi guys...I am also a Southern Cali Kaiser patient. I am going on my 4th week of class in Corona. I am concerned about the wait time after you complete the class. In our packets we were told that West LA and Harbor city are the ones that do the sleeve but the wait time can be up to 6 months!! I have read that some of you have gone to different ones even like one in Lancaster.....can anyone give me any info on other places that are Kaiser approved?:)

thin2be: I chose the Lancaster facility because it's closer to my house. I completed the Options classes early July, did my blood work and tests and got my referral to Lancaster on Aug 9. My consult with Dr Yadegar is on Sept 9, so it took a month for me to get in to see him. I'm not sure if that's his normal time or not. His nurse told me that he was out all of Aug for vacation. I can let you know after my consult how long the wait will be for actual surgery. I'm hoping that I will have all my tests ready to go and we can just go ahead and schedule my date.

Seriously 35BMI !?! Well that kind of stinks since my BMI is 36 and they turned me down in April and I am all set for self pay on Tuesday. I am really happy for you my friend who did do the options class really loved them. She opted out of surgery for now out of fear but she had nothing but good things to say about them.

Nancy

I did not lose 10%, I was up and down during the options process, I think I lost around 5lbs total, and I'm having my surgery this coming Friday...And I know of others in my same class who did not lose the 10%. I think the main thing is you must complete all the options classes and pre-op tests as soon as they tell you to go get them done and don't gain of course.

If you can lose the 10% that is awesome. I'm just sharing what happened with me personally. Hope it helps.